Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 18

mald1983

Non-canon?

After reading through four different threads (and I do mean four complete threads of 8 pgs. each) of "Ask a Moderator" and not finding the answer to my question, I thought I would ask it to see if there was an answer.

I am currently writing a post-Hogwarts fic that follows all of the books except for the epilogue. Is this technically non-canon? If so, would it automatically be rejected for non canon? My only for asking this is that I had written a fic after OotP came out and submitted my first chapter just after HBP came out (I tend to write the entire story before submitting chapters). I had listed that the story was AU after OotP, but it was rejected for being non-canon. I just wanted clarification of whether a story that featured a different plotline to the epilogue would be acceptable for submission before I bother mods with a chapter.

I am not sure who I should ask about this, but I figure I might as well ask here.
    Thanks, mods!

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    mald1983

As long as you list AU and Epilogue, what epilogue in your warnings you will be fine.

If you are submitting to Post Hogwarts, I will be the mod looking at it. As long as the only thing non-canon is lack of following the epilogue and you put the proper warnings, I will not reject for canon errors. However, if it is basic canon facts before the epilogue, that is different.

When you submit, send me a PM and let me know the title and your screenname on the archives if different. That way, I will know when I mod it.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House