Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 18

A.H.
    I still get the warning page if I don't turn the security thing off in Tools.

/letting you know

-Ari-

Edit: I've no idea why the "Reported Attack Site" page is still coming up because, out of curiosity, I checked the diagnostics page again and it says that Mugglenet is not a suspicious site and there is indeed no risk. Why the [BLEEP] would they still put up the page then! *sigh*

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    It's working properly for me.

Just out of curiosity, exactly what caused the problem?

BB

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

A.H.
    Hey Modlies. I have a question concerning content allowed for ratings.

The story I'm going to be submitting some time soon is rated 3rd-4th years. The content doesn't merit a higher rating than that, other than one chapter which will have several sexual references.... I'm kind of hesitant to post them here (in the public forum), which is why I'm asking in the first place. (And my apologies beforehand if the question below is indeed inappropriate. )

So in this chapter, character A slips Sirius a potion that impairs his... performance. The characters who were in on the plan are going to revel in their genius and make several crude jokes about the retelling that character A provides about the effects of this potion. It's going to be a bit more than just referencing (though not too detailed) and then there's just the just the prank itself that makes me hesitant to not give this a higher rating.

3rd-5th yea/nay? Does this need to be 6th-7th because of this chapter?

-Ari-

EDIT: I'm getting a technical error when I try to edit my posts. Error 501. It's only happening in my banner thread, and, weirdly, only when I try to edit the first post. =/

shihtzu71894
    How can I get my account deleted? This is showing up when i search my email address and as much as I used to love it, my employers will be able so see this is they search me, and all possible employers. Can mods delete accounts?

Noel Weasley
    Umm, hey. I had just checked in today, made a couple of posts in the Gryffie thread, changed my avatar, and poof! My Gryffindor status thinger is gone. As well as my ability to change my siggie (though I may have just forgotten ) and I can only have 5 PM's in my mailbox. Don't know who to PM to talk about this... And don't know how much longer my computer can hold up here, so I don't know if this has been a problem in the past or not...

Thanks for any help you may give!

~Lindsay

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shihtzu71894
    How can I get my account deleted? This is showing up when i search my email address and as much as I used to love it, my employers will be able so see this is they search me, and all possible employers. Can mods delete accounts?
    Admins (like myself, Roxy Black or Phoenix5225) can delete accounts.

If you'd like one of us to delete yours, simply send us a PM. Try me first because they seen to be quite busy at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Weasley
    Umm, hey. I had just checked in today, made a couple of posts in the Gryffie thread, changed my avatar, and poof! My Gryffindor status thinger is gone. As well as my ability to change my siggie (though I may have just forgotten ) and I can only have 5 PM's in my mailbox. Don't know who to PM to talk about this... And don't know how much longer my computer can hold up here, so I don't know if this has been a problem in the past or not...

Thanks for any help you may give!

~Lindsay
    Lindsay, I have taken care of it, as stated in my PM to you. I'm hoping it reached you without delay, hehe.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    Hullo!

I have only the 'dragon' skin option when I visit the archives, and this has been ever since you guys had the blocked site crisis. Also, it doesn't allow me to save a favourite story from the recent page because there is no option to do it. Help, anyone?

- Akay

Edit: Uh sorry, I do get the 'add favourite' option, with just the 'dragon' skin access.

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here

8. 06-07-2009, 10:12 PM

Salmantino7
    Hey. I have two questions, actually:

1. I haven't reviewed for a while, and after reading a story the other day I decided to review. However, after writing and submitting the review, I was told that I "was not authorized to access that function". any idea why this might happen?

2. I want to write a history fic that will include real-life historical people. I realize we can't turn real people into wizards in a story, but how much can we involve them in the wizarding world?

Thanks a lot!

spike312
    How do you remove fan fictions from your favorites? I'm trying to figure it out, but the only option is to "Add Story to Favorites" or "Add Author to Favorites," even though I've already added the story to my favorites.

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    spike312, I answered your question in this and the following posts. Should you have the same problem xybolic had, please note that I've contacted the admins about that problem.

Salmantino7, maybe you got logged out again before you could post. Check the little box when you log in, that should take care of the problem. If it's not it, the admins will have to take care of it. As for your second question, I'm afraid I can't give you an answer to this right now. I'll check this with the other mods.

Also, I would like to draw everybody's attentions to this post once again.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^