Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 18

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    The rules state that off-site links mustn't be linked to, but what about the Mugglenet main site? Would it be considered off-site?

BB

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Kerichi
    Hi, I have sixty-nine fics on MNFF, but my profile and the tens list only shows sixty-three. Is there a way to fix that? I checked the author pages of the top five most prolific to see if there's a widespread discrepancy between fics published and fics numbered, and there isn't. That's kinda cheering. ^_^

Hermoine Jean Granger

Question

Um, every time I tried to log in to the forums this afternoon and evening, I kept getting an error message which looked like this. (This is on Google Chrome, which is what I commonly use.) I first thought that it might be a browser problem, so I shifted to Internet Explorer. I get a similar message which looks like this.

I had to shut down my virus blocker so I could finally get in for a minute, but this message sort of worries me a lot. I'm not the only one experiencing this either, because I came to know of a few more facing the same difficulty.

I hope the matter is sorted out soon.

Inverarity

Exclamation Mugglenet.com reported as an attack site

Mugglenet.com is being reported as an attack site by Google Advisory.

It seems to be the result of malicious software being downloaded through ads served by doublaclick.net, wowadsservings.8800.org, or doublesclick.net.

Anyone using an anti-virus program or a tool to stop cross-site scripting attacks is likely to find themselves being blocked from the site.

This is probably an issue your parent site (mugglenet.com) needs to deal with.

I can send a copy of the Google Advisory report, if you like.

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    We're aware of the problem and we're trying to fix it. Hopefully the malware it's recognising is only a tracing cookie, it shouldn't cause anything bad on your system and should be easily removed through your virus protection software so toning down your security to access our site should be ok, but I would always recommend safety first.

The problem is that we are a sub-domain. I can remove the ads from our site, but ultimately you may still be blocked because MN will still have the ads.

I'm very sorry for any problems this is causing you and we will try and get it sorted as soon as possible.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

Quote Originally Posted by coolh5000
    Molly:

The number of layouts has been limited for a while to Dragon, Simplicity and, recently, Twitternet, so it is not a new change and as far as I am aware, not a result of work being done on the site.
    Have they limited the layouts even further? I've been using A Thousand Years, which has been working just fine, but today the only one I can access is Dragon. Just curious if it's a site thing or a glitch in my computer.

EDIT: Ahh, gotcha. Thanks, Hannah!

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Rachel: Because of the problems the ads at the main MN site have been causing the last couple of days, the archive ads have been temporarily removed as a precaution, but only on the dragon skin to minimise the coding work and I believe that is the reason only that skin is currently available (A Thousand Years wasn't one of the ones previously available anyway but would have been working if you had it set to your default before it was removed).

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Sorry to bother you about this more, but that red "Attack Site!" screen is annoying.

If there are no adds here on the forums, how come it's also being reported as a blocked site? And I see that you removed the adds from the Dragon Skin, but it's still being blocked for me.

I use Firefox on a Mac here at home and have been clicking 'Ignore this warning' to get here. At school I use IE on a PC and it's not blocked. Why is that? And is there a way to let my computer unblock it permanently so I don't get the icky red screen every time?

Or are you just waiting for the main site to fix it all? In which case, I understand and I will just wait patiently! THANK YOU!!

~Gina

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Gina,
    We are a subdomain of the main Mugglenet site, which is why this site is showing the same warning as is the archives.

On foxfire, if you to into Tools, then options, then security tab, you can uncheck the box that states, warn me if a site is a suspected attack site. This will allow you to access the boards and the archives without the red box.

If you go to a lot of websites other than ours, I would recommend you recheck the box for other sites. You need to protect your computer.

The main site is aware of the issue and they are working on fixing the problem.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

10. 05-29-2009, 05:06 AM

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    Mainsite say they have now fixed the problem. Please let us know if you're still having any difficulties!