Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 18

Miss K
    Hello, modlies. This is sort of a question and sort of a head's up.

I see 5 MWPP forums and a Sorcery for Sentence Writers forum on the main page of MNFF (in the section where I see links to the Announcements, Check-In Desk, Suggestions, Questions and House Points forums). I'm thinking those are in the wrong place/were mistakenly created, because as far as I know, all the forums for classes should be subforums under the Classes forum.

Hope this is alright to post here; I didn't know where else to go, and it was important to let you guys know, I think.

Thanks!

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    It was a brief technical glitch - some new forums have been created for Hogwarts and a few ended up in the wrong place, but they have gone now

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

hpjunkie09
    Umm hi. I'm new to the forums, and I was just wondering, how long does it take to get Sorted? I sent the SorthingHat a PM yeseterday requesting the quiz. Thanks so much for your help!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hpjunkie09
    Umm hi. I'm new to the forums, and I was just wondering, how long does it take to get Sorted? I sent the SorthingHat a PM yeseterday requesting the quiz. Thanks so much for your help!
    Hehe. I'm on it right now.

~Nicole/NikkiSue

*note* Sometimes it may take a day or so to get sorted. It's quicker than it used to be because ALL of the mods run the Sorting now but life happens. :-)
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Essence of Potter
    Hello! I feel sort of stupid asking this, but, how do you make a link say something? e.g. Link
    Thanks
    ~Essence of Potter

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    To make a link say something you need to use the following code:

PHP Code:
    [URL="Url here"]What you want the link to say here[/url
    here's an example:

My author page

P.S - if you have a question that does not need to be answered specificially by a moderator, then I would suggest asking it the 'Ask the Navy' thread found in the Check-in desk. They are a group designed to help out new members with any questions they may have.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    And for those who need a more literal example (as I did) . . . We'll pretend you are replying to a post, such as in your common room and I'll use my author's page for a visual:

1. Type the word which you would like to appear/be clicked on.

My Author's Page.

2. In a seperate window, bring up the URL you will be using. (highlight the address in your browser and click 'copy.') Close the window once the address is copied.

http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/viewuser.php?uid=47530

3. On your reply page, highlight the word/phrase mentioned in #1. Leaving it highlighted, (within your options above the reply window) click on the earth-looking icon.

**It may bring up a yellow bar across the top of the page. Simply click it and select the option for temporarily allowing pop-ups. You'll probably need to click the earth icon once more.**

4. Paste the URL you would like to use and hit enter/click OK. If you'd like to add a color, this is the time to choose one from your options above while everything is still highlighted.

My Author's Page

[/long winded post]

~Nicole/NikkiSue

PS: Please remember that these threads are searchable. If you don't find your answer here you can also check the Ask the Navy thread. Similar questions are asked over there and sometimes the Navy are online more than the mods are. :-)

Hannah's edit: Ah, yes, thanks Nicole - I always type the code so forgot to give the explanation about the button you can use instead.
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I just got a new email address to be used for writing. How do I change the information for where I want letters from this site to be sent?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    On the archives: If you go to account info -> edit bio, then the third option down is to enter a new email.

On the forums: Go to the user cp and to the left you will see a bar with various links on - the second one down is called edit email and password - click there and you will be able to change your email.

On the forums you may need to confirm your email again, but I don't believe you do on the archives.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    I have a brief announcement that you must read before posting questions in this thread.

It has come to attention of the mods that a lot of the questions asked in this thread are unnecessary, either because they have already been answered, or they don't really need a mod to answer them, or could be found out alone with a little bit of effort.

So, from now on, any question which we feel is not appropriate for this thread will be deleted by the moderators.

Here is a reminder of several other ways to find the answers to your questions:

1. The search function - if you use one or two key words and then go to the advanced search option and search only the question forum and select to view results as posts then you will often find the answer to your question. There are, after all, 17 full threads in which your question could have been answered. Please note that saying there are too many posts to read is not an excuse not to use the search function.

2. The forum FAQ - This can be found here and contains a lot of the answers to common forum questions. There is also The New Members Guide to the Forums which can be very helpful.

3. Common Sense - sometimes, there are things that be worked out alone - before immediately coming to ask in this thread, please take a moment to see if you can work out the answer alone.

If you have exhausted all the individual search options and feel you absolutely have to ask someone, then your next step could be to:

4. Ask the Navy - Dumbledore's Navy is there to help you - it has recently recruited and is running at full steam. Often there are questions which don't specifically need a mod to answer them and could instead be asked there.

Finally, if you are absolutely convinced that a question requires a moderator to answer it, you may ask in this thread.

Thank you for your co-operation on this - all these rules have been previously been in place but we felt it was time for a reminder. It may seem a bit strict but it can be time-consuming for mods to be answering the same questions repeatedly.