Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 18

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Last night I typed in the ordinary url for the forums into my address bar-- and was told the page did not exist. I tried the archives and the mugglenet homepage, retyping many times (though I checked my spelling) and even googling the site and then clicking on the google result. However, every time I was told the page could not be found! I'm relieved to see I can get on this morning, but do you have any ideas as to why that happened? It was different from the message I get when the server is down sometimes.
    I had the exact same problem- from yesterday night (ish) till now, MNFF didn't work for me. It just said the page doesn't exist- and I tried both on Mozilla and IE. What exactly was the problem?

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

mahogany_wand
    It appears that the Being British professor has dissapeared from the boards. What should the members of the class do?

~M_W

Vindictus Viridian
    Members of the class should sit tight -- I've asked a volunteer to go ahead and wrap up the class, tally the points, and so on. Sorry about that. I don't know where your Professor went, either.

bellaoc
    Hey,
    So I was attempting to post a reply to my duelling club thread, and when I pressed submit reply, i get directed to a page that says "Method Not Implemented. POST to /forum/newreply.php not supported."

I have no idea why it is doing that, and I was able to post replies a few days ago...but not now...

--Bella

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    bellaoc are using a lot of formatting? I had a post a few weeks ago which for some reason just objected to the use of bold tags and when I took all the formatting out completely it allowed me to post. I would suggest trying that and seeing if you have any luck. Otherwise, someone with better technical knowledge of the boards than me will be able to help you out.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    I'm posting here because my story, which I submitted to the General category eleven days back has not been looked at yet. As the General queue does not have a specific moderator, I'm posting here. The story is named "Albus Dumbledore and the Evil Broken Loose", and it was submitted to the General category on the thirtieth of March.

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    BB,

I checked on your chapter. It was submitted on the 30th. There are a few stories ahead of it. Unfortunately with no set mod for general, it is usually the weekend before we go in and empty that category.

As hard as it is, please sit tight for a few more days. Right now I am planning on clearing my category before the weekend so I can sweep through the open categories over the weekend.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

A.H.
    Hey guys,

This morning my main computer started flat-out rejecting the Beta boards and archives. I can get to the main mugglenet site alright, but nothing for the FF sites. It tells me "Bad Request -- Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand" For one horrible, terrifying moment I thought I was banned. But then my e-mail kept telling me I was receiving PMs so I quit screaming and ranting and crying.

I get here alright on this computer (which is a dinosaur that takes ten minutes to load every page ) but for some reason not mine. HALP MEEE!!!

/a sad Ari

Edit: Crisis over. For some reason, after I logged on my account from this computer, the server was directed back to to the site over on the other computer. I'm still wondering though, since this is the second time in two days, if there's anything I can do to avoid this?

Edit Two: You're tired of me now. I know. It happens often. So I thanked my lucky stars too soon: I tried getting back onto MNFF from my main computer again and it told me the same thing as before. In all of my bashing, clanging, and frustrated clicking, I clicked on the archive's link and... it worked. From there, I typed in the /forum and got here. So now I'm just being redirected when I don't go through the archives first.... Me is confused. Very. And methinks this is just some wonky, weird, stupid malfunction that's completely caused by my computer, not ya'lls system. So you could probably just ignore this, unless, of course, there is actually a reason.

Edit: An update on this weird malfunction: I can't follow links given for MNFF, to the archives or to threads in the Beta Boards. For some reason, the only way I can get here at all is to follow the link in my address bar that goes to the archives. From there, I type in the /forum and get here. But, weirdly, I can't just type in the whole address, even if I type in the http:// . So er... it's getting weirder by the day.

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    I saw this situation on the previous thread, where someone had the same review in their story posted twice. I have the same problem and I was wondering who to contact when this happens.

~*~Duelling~*~Writing~*~Drabble-ing?~*~Felix Lupin~*~
    Positively amazing A Mix of Alliances and Sentiments trailer by lunaselenia.

Beautiful banner by the talented the opaleye. Indefinite hiatus due to university.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    Hermione, you're a girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by mzap
    I saw this situation on the previous thread, where someone had the same review in their story posted twice. I have the same problem and I was wondering who to contact when this happens.
    Simply contact a mod and we can delete it . . . as I have already done.

Have a good day!

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3