Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 18

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    I just submitted a Twilight fanfiction ( I know, I couldn't believe it either!) and because it didn't fit underneath any of the categories UNDER Twilight Fanfiction, I just submitted it to the "Twilight Fanfiction" category. I hope that's okay. It really didn't fit anywhere else. If there was a General, this would go there.

EDIT~ Under the new forum called "Forks", "Grab you money and jump in your truck! It's time for a trip to town!" Shouldn't that be "your"? I wouldn't normally be so nitpicky, but I thought that as this is a forum for writers, it should be free of grammatical mistakes...

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Colores
    BB, where you submitted the story is fine. Thanks for your enthusiasm!

I'll let Roxy take care of the forums.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    I think that as this is now a forum that caters to both Harry Potter and Twilight fans (yeah, right), it must be less discriminatory. Let us look at the descriptions of the forums:

Madam Pomfrey's Character Clinic
    Would Hermione risk failing her NEWTs to save a Death Eater? Is Draco really a bad guy, or is he just misunderstood? Need to round out your OC? Get Character Development help here.
    Skele-Gro Plot Potion
    Need help assembling the skeleton of your story? Need help fleshing out little Orla Quirke's adventures in Ravenclaw's common room? Want to write a new twist to the Last Battle? Get Plot Development help here.
    The Reference Desk
    Need help with topics you're covering in your story? Perhaps you're not exactly sure what goes on during the NEWTs and you want a second opinion. Need to ask about different cultures? Want other's opinions on the life span of your average wizard? Need Tonks' father's name? Get help here.
    Excerpts of Murtlap
    Harry had always presented something of a conundrum to Remus. On one hand, he was so much like James that Remus felt as though his friend was there with him. On the other hand, Harry was his own person; he shouldn’t be required to fill his father’s place. Get opinions on excerpts from your stories here.
    The Room of Requirement
    This room is whatever we need it to be. Off topic Harry Potter related chatter and usergroup threads belong here.
    So if you look at these, all of these forums have descriptions ONLY about Harry Potter... This is a sure-fire way to make any Twilight fans that come here overwhelmed by all the Harry Potter and go away... and we don't want that to happen, do we?

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Vindictus Viridian
    I believe that's tomorrow's project. As someone or other observed, this changeover has been a good deal of work; you can't expect it all done at once! Poor Filch's tongue is hanging out as it is. (Nobody could help me find a custodian in the Twilight series, so I'll just have to be biased in that metaphor too.) Given the high quality of the fics submitted so far, we're quite pleased with the results of this change.

leahsm2
    Since the Twilight Series is newer than HP, shouldn't there be "Spoiler Warnings" sprinkled about, just like there were when DH came out?

Colores
    Breaking Dawn came out in August, which was seven months ago. I don't think spoiler warnings would be necessary; Potter-fans had read DH by the time it had been out seven months.

laceymoibella

Twilight story

I submitted a story to the archives today and received an email that it was put into the database but hasn't been accepted yet because I placed it in more than one category.

I put it under Twilight Fanfiction, because it is, and Dark/Angsty2. Is it possible that a Mod can click the button to change it to the appropriate category? I know they have the capability to do so. This would make it a lot easier on me and then my story will not lose it's spot in the queue. Or has my story been deleted?

Thank you.

~Lacey

Edit: Wow. I am highly disappointed. My Twilight story has been deleted from my account. Joke or no, I am not impressed.

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Lacey,
    Regardless if it is a Harry Potter fanfiction or a Twilight fanfiction, the submission guidelines have not changed. You can only submit to one category. Submitting to two categories is an automatic rejection, and no rejection letter is required, though most mods do send one anyway.

You need to make sure you only have one category listed when you resubmit.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

BrilliantBlaise
    Erm, I'm not entirely sure what is going on, with this whole Twitternet thing....but does this new house name thing mean that even though I was sorted into Ravenclaw, I won't be added? I'm still waiting to be added by the head of house, but I wasn't sure if that would be even more delayed with this whole merging thing....thanks!

*Blaise

Nicole's edit: I have added you to the Ravenclaw usergroup. :-)

A.H.
    I have a very important question for you all:

You're all very evil.

Oh... That's not a question.

You all may have done them proud but the hearts you've broken here are unfixable. Evil... I don't think it was the twins who took you under their wings... No, it was Voldy for sure. You couldn't have gotten that evil--really, Twilight?--by learning from good ole' Fred and George.

<3s to you guys.
    /Ari