Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask A Moderator - Part 18

babekitty_92

Question Ask A Moderator - Part 18

Please view our Forum's Frequently Asked Questions and Archive's Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked. (These threads are searchable!)

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

When asking a question that specifically applies to you, your account, or a particular story, you MUST provide the pertinent information, such as your uid.

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

If you have a question which doesn't need to be answered by moderators, please ask Dumbledore's Navy in the Check-In Desk.

Halgy
    I can has sorting into Ravenclaw?

I know I've asked before and that I just need to wait, but it's been over ten weeks. I want to put stuff up on the boards without a mod okaying everything.

Lizzy
    For the new Twilight section, will we be getting a Poetry category? Because I have a really genius Edward/Jacob poem that I want to share...

Happy April Fools day, don't hurt me, I'll delete if you call it spam...

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    Great idea! Thank you for your suggestion. We've added a Poetry category for you now. You can find it in the "Twilight Fictions" Top-Category.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Are we going to be hiring new mods as well? It seems logical that with a lot more fics coming in, there is going to be a lot more work to go around.

Does the Twilight site we 'merged' with have mods as well? Will they be joining our modly staff?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Lizzy
    Yes, I'm wondering who will be modding my recently-submitted Twilight poem? In case I have questions, you know...

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    For now, all Twilight fics are being modded by the current staff. If the submissions increase we will of course look to hiring extra mods. There are, however, enough mods who follow the series to handle the current submissions.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

padfoot_returns
    ...are you guys serious?

That's my question.

Well, no it's not but it is a legit question.

My real question is if its against the rules to start petition threads in our common rooms?

xxRiham

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Something I have been noticing lately? Have you mods been noticing an unusual amount of spam accounts lately? Either ones that actally name the product they are selling, or those ones with the tiny avies that all list 'Man' as their occupation?

Are we getting more of those accounts than we used to, or is it all in my head?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Molly,
    Spammers are something we deal with on a daily basis. Steps have been taken over the past months to protect you from them. 99.9% of the time, you won't ever see a post by one.

Should one slip through, please feel free to PM me and let me know. We continually ban spammers from the board as well as delete their posts.

I won't get into the figures of the amount of spammers we delete from the board, just know we do it gladly to keep our members safe from them.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House