Thread: Quidditch Magazines

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea

Quidditch Magazines

I just wanted to know if there were any known popular Quidditch magazines mentioned in the books. I know that Which Broomstick was one, but I feel that its more of a catalogue (or was it? my mind is going blank here). If there weren't any mentioned, any possible ideas for what could have been a title for a magazine? (I'll be sure to credit you should I decide to actually go through with the fanfic.)

~*~Duelling~*~Writing~*~Drabble-ing?~*~Felix Lupin~*~
    Positively amazing A Mix of Alliances and Sentiments trailer by lunaselenia.

Beautiful banner by the talented the opaleye. Indefinite hiatus due to university.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    As far as I know, Which Broomstick is the only Quidditch or broom magazine mentioned in the book, so you'll have to come up with your own, I'm afraid. And yes, it was a catalogue.

However, I did invent one magazine for one my stories, but it was more about broomsticks than Quidditch. Anyway, the magazine I made up was called Stick It, and featured scantily-clad witches posing with expensive broomsticks - a parody of certain car magazines that seem to focus more on attractive women than the cars (or brooms, in this case).

Tim the Enchanter

Halgy
    As far as I remember, there were no other magazines mentioned in the books. The magazine I made up was Quidditch Quarterly (pretty much because of the alliteration), though my intention was for this to be more of an analysis of all quidditch players around the world, including school teams. It was also American, not that it matters, which would explain why no one in the books ever read it.

And Tim, I aprove of Stick It. Very much.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Quote Originally Posted by TimtheEnchanter
    Anyway, the magazine I made up was called Stick It, and featured scantily-clad witches posing with expensive broomsticks - a parody of certain car magazines that seem to focus more on attractive women than the cars (or brooms, in this case).
    Oh, I loves this idea! I just might have to use it in my stories (seems like something Nate would have hidden under his mattress).

I think there would be different magazines depending on the sport (Quodpot or Quidditch). But I think you could use your imagination in this magazine. There are dozens of sports magazines in the Muggle world, so I can only imagine there are at least a few in the wizarding world.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    This can be locked and graved. I came up with a name for the magazine, Snidget Seeker. Not very good (I'm horrible at coming up with names), but still fitting since my OC is a Seeker. Thanks for the help.

~*~Duelling~*~Writing~*~Drabble-ing?~*~Felix Lupin~*~
    Positively amazing A Mix of Alliances and Sentiments trailer by lunaselenia.

Beautiful banner by the talented the opaleye. Indefinite hiatus due to university.