Thread: I Challenge Thee Challenge - Closed

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower

I Challenge Thee Challenge - Closed

Following on from the success of the I Challenge Thee last year, I am pleased to announce that Fiction Junction will once again be hosting an I Challenge Thee Challenge

To participate in this challenge, you have to claim the challenge posted by the poster above you, and then, at the same time, post a challenge of your own for the next poster to claim. You then do your challenge and submit the finished product to the archives.

Rules:
    + Please make challenges - well, challenging. Prompts like "Luna/Neville on their honeymoon" aren't very exciting. "Luna/Neville encountering an imaginary creature on their honeymoon" is a little more specific and more challenging.
    + You are allowed to claim only one challenge at a time. Should you finish one challenge before sign-ups close, you are allowed to claim another.
    + If something comes up that prevents you from submitting or finishing a story for the challenge, you will not be penalized. However, you will not be given participation points.
    + Needless to say, you are highly encouraged to actually write the story you claim.
    + You may only claim the challenge that directly precedes your post. You may not claim a challenge already claimed.
    + There is no limitation to how many challenges are made for this challenge. However, all challenges must be posted here before sign-ups close.
    + Entries should be submitted in their respective categories (there is no specific category set up on the MNFF database for this challenge).
    + Entries can be poems, one-shots, or chaptered unless specified by each individual challenge. Please do not issue drabble challenges, as the entry should be something that can be submitted to the archives.

In order for this challenge to be judged and points awarded before the end of the spring term, the challenge thread will be closed on 31st March. You will then have until the 7th April to get fics in the queue and validated, giving me twelve days before term ends to judge. If fics are in the queue on the 7th April but have not been validated, please send me a PM and I will mod it. However, I would rather that everyone sticks to the deadline, so as not to slow up the judging process. You can of course start submitting entries before the challenge thread has closed and I would encourage you to do this. If you choose to write a chaptered fic, at least the first chapter should be submitted by the deadline.

Links to entries should be posted here

Every entry completed and submitted by the deadline will receive 5 participation points. The winner will receive an additional 15 points, second place an additional 10 points and third place an additional 5 points. As a additional prize, the winning fic will be recorded and turned into an audiofic by one of our very talented MerMuggles!

This challenge will be judged by me, coolh5000. I will be judging based on creativity, sticking to the challenge and the quality of writing.

If you have any questions, please send me a PM and I will do my best to answer them. Please only use this thread for challenges.

I will start with the first challenge:

Write a one-shot or chaptered fic featuring the characters left at Hogwarts during the year of DH. It should be set some time before they start to go into hiding and show some sort of anti-Death Eater activity.

*credit for much of this post goes to the original I Challenge Thee post created by Marauder by Midnight.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Oh, I can't resist! I have to claim this entry! I hope I can do Bethie's challange proud!

And I suppose now I have to come up with a challange for the thread, so here it is.
    Write a three-part oneshot about the three successive D.A.D.A. professors that came before Professor Quirell, as well as what led to their demise. Don't be afraid to make their ends a bit zany.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    *grins* I've been wanting to write something like this for a while! Thanks, Molly!

And, for the next person....:

I Challenge Thee to write a chaptered fic (doesn't have to be long) about what happens to George after the war ends. It must be centered on George, and he has to find something out about his brother that he never knew before.

Have fun!

~Alyssa

Avvie by Ash/Radcliffefan07 and Banner by Evie/apollo13.

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Oh, just call me insane, but I want this challenge.

I challenge thee to write a chaptered story, minimum of three chapters, about how Hannah Abbott bought the Leaky Cauldron and her and Neville got together. Hannah should own the Leaky Cauldron before she and Neville get together.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    I really should not be taking anything else on but...well...this looks like fun. So I'll take it.

Hmm...I challenge thee to write a story (any length you choose) that, in some way, deserves the title "Through the Looking Glass and What Albus Found There" (although you don't have to name it that). It must involve an actual mirror and chess must be mentioned at least once.

Hermoine Jean Granger
    And that has to be something I HAVE to claim. Especially when I'm without the internet for three whole days with nothing much to do.

I challenge the next person to write a fic based on the witch who banished the Bandon Banshee. How, why, and when did she do it? Also, how did Gilderoy Lockhart come to know about her?

mahogany_wand
    Oh my gosh, I would love to do this. *smiles widely*

I challenge thee (yes, thee) to write a fanfic that involves Scorpius Malfoy and an obsession with the Smurfs. (Although it doesn't have to be Scorpius with the obsession!)

You would have to be crazy to take this one on.

~M_W

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    I'm not crazy for taking this one, M_W. I merely have a slight plot-bunny and hopefully it'll work out okay. Hm? /anyway.

I Challenge Thee, to write a one-shot or chaptered story in which you detail how Eileen Prince came to be with Tobias Snape. It should include a visit to a bank [whether it's Gringotts or a Muggle bank, I don't mind] and some sort of magical creature. For those two requirements, you do not have to have Prince/Snape both present.

Good luck! I look forward to this one. xx

sorrow_of_severus
    Oh my gosh! I just was wondering about how Snape's parents got together! I'll take it! (Do I have enough exclamation marks yet? )

Okay, now...
    .....I challenge thee to write a one-shot about Oliver Wood getting some Quidditch advice from Ginny. Oliver's Quidditch career has been going nowhere, and after running into Ginny at a pub, it turns out all he needs is help from our favorite little redhead. A Ginny/Oliver ship would be terrific, but not required.

harryginny4eva61
    oh my godric! I got an inspiration! Anyway,
    I challenge thee to write a story about one of Bill and Fleur's english lessons, and it should ahve some Fred and George pranks and goblins eavesdropping.