Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dieter Heydrich, Part II

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Hello there, Dieter, my name is Sarah, I hope you don't mind if I ask you some questions.
    Hallo, Sarah. It's nice to meet new faces, particularly those of people whose names do not contain the letters, E-T-A-N, in reverse order.

You've mentioned quite a lot that you don't like Igor Karkaroff, and, I think, jinxed him once or twice. Did you get into trouble for that?

Yes, I unfortunately got in trouble a few times. It's pretty unfair. Students should be rewarded for jinxing Karkaroff, not the opposite.

Have you had a detention yet?

Again, yes. I had a detention in my first week, actually. I had punched the aforementioned Slav in the face, and he turned me in. At least he was punished too, because the Deputy Rector said Karkaroff had provoked the punching.

Where do you see yourself in ten years time?

I don't really know. I know I'll be older and taller, but as for what I will do? Well, I've had ideas of maybe serving the state, like be in the Schutzstaffel or the Luftwaffe, but being a wizard opens up a whole bunch of possibilities. Some magical equivalent like the ZVK is an option. Overall, I don't know where I'll be in ten years, but I know that I want to be doing something productive and useful to the nation.

I know it's a long way off, but once you've finished school, do you see yourself intergrating back into the Muggle world, or staying within the wizarding world?

Well, this question will probably be obsolete in a few years, or maybe a decade at the most. The Zaubererreich's mission is to eliminate the Statute of Secrecy and bring all wizards out of hiding, so there won't be any distinction between the wizarding and Muggle worlds. They will both be an ordered, harmonious whole.

What was your last piece of homework about?

I had to write a 500 word paper explaining early wizard/Muggle societies in ancient Germania, for History of Magic. I left it for last, because I really don't like the professor, but not that the order of what assignments you completes makes any difference...

What is your favourite time of year?

It used to be winter back home. I liked the scenery, the hot cocoa, and all the snowball ammunition just lying around, but my first REAL winter at Durmstrang has made me change my mind.

Summer, definitely.

Are there any spells taught to older students in their classes that you are looking forward to learning?

I don't know much about what the older students are learning, but I do look forward to learning more combat spells in Defensive Magic. Learning how to duplicate things in Transfiguration sounds fun, too.

Well, it was nice talking to you, Sarah. Now I have to commune with Nate again...

Hey, I saw those three things you used to describe me. Words hurt, man! And you say I'm lazy? You don't even bother to write out 'American'! Molly says that Ami is the name of one of the characters in Sailor Moon. You turned me into a Japanese cartoon character in a ridiculously short skirt!

Now I'm NEVER going to get Alaia Grace!
    Too bad for you. And by the way, 'Ami' does mean American. I wasn't being lazy - in fact, you're the lazy one for not bothering to look the word up!

And a ridiculously short skirt would suit you, Nate.

What Professor gives the most 'creative' detentions at your school. All the professors at Skat-Hatokha love this method of punishment. Once, Professor Leslie made a girl follow him around for a whole day, and everytime he was right and another person was wrong, she had to perform the 'I Told You So' dance on his behalf.

None of the professors actually administer detentions, as far as I've experienced. They give you a detention, but it's the Deputy Rector who picks the actual punishment, to be carried out under the Groundskeeper's supervision. Usually, detentions are difficult and dirty work, all done without magic, of course.

I don't know what Professor Simonov would do if he had authority over punishments. Nothing good, probably.

It has been pretty well establish that once you join the wizarding world, there is no going back (they're like the Mafia). What kind of wizarding career could you see yourself doing?

As I said before, in the near future there will be no distinction between the Muggle and wizarding worlds. I could probably become a wizard fighter pilot if I really wanted to.

Do you have any aunts, uncles, cousins, or anything like that? I've only ever heard you talk about your immediate family.

I do have an extended family, but none of them live nearby. My uncle on my mother's side has a family we visit infrequently, so I can't say I'm close to them. I also have an aunt we don't talk about. Both grandparents on my mother's side died before I was born - Spanish Influenza, I think.

On my father's side of the family, only my grandfather survives. My father's brother was killed in the Great War, in France - we have his Iron Cross, Second Class. My grandmother died when I was eight, I think, but my grandfather Wilhelm Heydrich is still alive.

What country, other than Europe, would you most like to visit?

Europe is not a country, Nate. Are you just stupid, or are your schools in the United States that bad?

How are you adjusting to the cold at Durmstrang? Last year, it was -30 degrees C (you do the conversions) for a whole week, and Molly didn't leave her room for the whole time. Just microwavable macaroni, me, and the nuns. *Shudder* It was an ugly time for me as well!

Why do I need to do conversions if you already gave me the temperature in Celsius?

Well, I cope by wearing my fur winter coat, staying inside, and only going outside to attend Flying/Quidditch and Herbology classes. The Great Hall always has hot drinks available, so I staying there is an option. The Common Room is warm too, but it doesn't have hot chocolate.

And what do you mean you don't know anything about American schools? You've been talking to me for months and hearing about Skat-Hatokha! Granted...no one in the US seems to know about either, but that's not the point!

Well, sorry, but I forgot about your school. See, that's how big of an impression Skat-Hatokha has made on me.

~ Dieter Hedrich

n4wtb

Hallo

Hallo dietz
    I bring questions!
    Why don't you talk about that aunt?
    How often does it snow in gemusestat[I hope I spellEd that right]Here it snows once every nine or so years.
    The school is under the rig,though Herbal Sciences and Magical Zoology are on top.
    If I gave you a stun gun who are the three people you would get first?
    Do you want some late or early birthday presents?
    If you had one hour inside Nate,what would you do ?
    Does it make sense to you that NYC has a law against jumping off buildings?
    Oh,and if you ever go to houston,bring bug spray.
    I'll say more when I'm feeling less bored.
    Until then,bye!

I'M HAPPY!I got an iPhone and am using it now!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Hallo dietz
    I bring questions!
    Dietz? Please, Dieter is fine.

Why don't you talk about that aunt?

She's a communist, and we haven't heard from her since she fled the Reich.

How often does it snow in gemusestat[I hope I spellEd that right]Here it snows once every nine or so years.

It's spelled Gemüsestadt.

It snows every winter where I live. Sometimes the snow comes early, in November as opposed to December, and it usually lasts until March or so. However, at Durmstrang, the snow is at least three times as thick and starts falling in October.

The school is under the rig,though Herbal Sciences and Magical Zoology are on top.

Why would somebody want to build a school on an oil platform?

If I gave you a stun gun who are the three people you would get first?

They make guns that stun people?

But if I were to have one of these guns, I will probably shoot Igor Karkaroff, Professor Simonov, and Josef Stalin.

Do you want some late or early birthday presents?

Early presents are always better than late ones. Why do you ask? Do you have any to give me?

If you had one hour inside Nate,what would you do ?

What do you mean by inside Nate? Being physically inside his body will be rather gross - I think he'd burst.

But if you mean that I control his mind and actions, well, I don't know. Probably something very public and embarrassing, which he'll have to live with for the rest of his life.

Does it make sense to you that NYC has a law against jumping off buildings?

Sorry, but what does 'NYC' stand for? Remember, I'm not from the United States - I don't know what your acronyms stand for, apart from 'USA'.

And jumping off buildings sounds rather dangerous.

Oh,and if you ever go to houston,bring bug spray.

I'll keep that in mind.

I'll say more when I'm feeling less bored.
    Until then,bye!
    And when you come back, could you please ask some more insightful questions?

I'M HAPPY!I got an iPhone and am using it now!
    What's an iPhone?

~ Dieter Heydrich

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    That's it, Molly! No more writing questions after waking up at four in the morning!

I'm sorry!

Do you have any idea how much of an idiot you made me look like? I know Europe is not a country; I'm NOT Sarah Palin!

I said I was sorry!

So you keep saying. Anyway...more questions!

How does a Durmstrang winter compare to the winters you are used to?

What does Durmstrang do in terms of Christmas decorations and celebrating?

You said you know kids in your class who are from Spain and Italy; what do you know about the magic schools in those countries? Do people talk about them?

Do you guys have prefects...or whatever it is they are called, at your school? What do you know about them?

Do people play music or even have music at Durmstrang?

So, what did you think of being kidnapped a week ago? Graham screamed a lot, Lorelei complained and threatened and threatened some more, and I got to put on a show of being brave for Alaia Grace! At one point during hostage negotiations, she got so scared, she asked if she could hold my hand! Yeah; not quite first base!

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Do you have any idea how much of an idiot you made me look like? I know Europe is not a country; I'm NOT Sarah Palin!
    So you do know that Europe is not a country? Could have surprised me, Nate. But hallo again. I suppose I have to answer your next batch of questions...

And who's Sarah Palin?

How does a Durmstrang winter compare to the winters you are used to?

I think I've already answered this question many times, but I'll say it again, winters at home are nothing compared to Durmstrang. It snows very early, comes down very thickly, and it's unbelievably cold.

What does Durmstrang do in terms of Christmas decorations and celebrating?

I don't know. I haven't had a Christmas at Durmstrang yet.

You said you know kids in your class who are from Spain and Italy; what do you know about the magic schools in those countries? Do people talk about them?

I don't know them too well, but I have talked to them enough (their German is very strangely accented, but understandable) to know that they decided to go to Durmstrang because of the superior quality of the education, and for ideological reasons - international wizarding solidarity.

Do you guys have prefects...or whatever it is they are called, at your school? What do you know about them?

Yes, we do have präfekts, though we spell them differently. Starting in the fifth year, six responsible students are chosen as präfekts. However, in the seventh year, three of those six präfekts will be promoted to Hauptpräfekts, and one will be Oberpräfekt, the highest-ranking student in the school. What these people do is patrol the corridors, sometimes administer detentions, keep order in the common rooms, and so forth.

Do people play music or even have music at Durmstrang?

What is this music you are referring to, Nate? Do you mean the noise made when I'm bashing your skull against the wall?

Of course we have music, you idiot! What kind of stupid question is that?

So, what did you think of being kidnapped a week ago? Graham screamed a lot, Lorelei complained and threatened and threatened some more, and I got to put on a show of being brave for Alaia Grace! At one point during hostage negotiations, she got so scared, she asked if she could hold my hand! Yeah; not quite first base!

It was a very quiet affair. I hardly noticed anything out of the ordinary happening, since Tim sorted things out very quickly.

~ Dieter Heydrich

Sorry I've yet to come out with a new chapter, but I should get back to writing in earnest after exams are over this week.

Tim the Enchanter

twilight_maiden
    Hi, Dieter. I brought food! There's pineapples, peaches, oranges, bananas, grapefruits, grapes, and pears. (I heard that you were nicer when given food.) Anyway, I have one question for you:

What do your pajamas look like?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Quote Originally Posted by twilight_maiden
    Hi, Dieter. I brought food! There's pineapples, peaches, oranges, bananas, grapefruits, grapes, and pears. (I heard that you were nicer when given food.) Anyway, I have one question for you:
    Well, Hallo twilight_maiden, if that is indeed your name. Thank you very much for the food. I can't say I like peaches too much, though.

So, on to your questions... or rather, question.

What do your pajamas look like?

Why do you need to know?

~ Dieter Heydrich

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Nate is back again with more questions for Dieter! And I want pineapple too!

Can you give us any clue as to what the next chapter of your story is going to entail? You have many fans (as well as a beta) who is getting antsy!

What have your brothers and sisters beendoing while you've been away?

How is the war in Europe progressing? Are any of the other students talking about it? What do the Polish students say?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Hallo.

Can you give us any clue as to what the next chapter of your story is going to entail? You have many fans (as well as a beta) who is getting antsy!

I can't say much above the chapter currently having 6,169 words and featuring Quidditch and Poles. The chapter would have been finished a long time ago, but Tim has a distressing tendency to just drop everything whenever he has exams to prepare for or essays to write.

What have your brothers and sisters beendoing while you've been away?

Well, the impression I got from their letters during the first week or so was that they didn't know what to do without me around - they wanted me to come back home, or they come visit me at Durmstrang. Lena seems to have recovered first - undoubtedly, she realised that there was one fewer person around to keep an eye out on her, so she's probably doing her best to injure herself by climbing things. In my absence, Paul is assuming the role of the responsible older brother, but I don't know how successful he is at doing that.

As for Hans... well I think he misses annoying me. Otherwise, I think he's doing fine, as usual.

How is the war in Europe progressing? Are any of the other students talking about it? What do the Polish students say?

Well, fighting in Poland ended in early October, and since then, nothing has happened. Germany is still at war with Britain and France, but neither of them have done anything. They declared war supposedly to protect Poland, but they have done absolutely nothing to stop us - I suppose this means their hearts aren't really in the fight, and a peace will be negotiated soon.

The Muggle war is just something in the newspapers as far as a lot of students are concerned. As for what Polish students say, well, I don't make it a habit to talk to Poles, so I have no idea what they think about it.

~ Dieter Heydrich

n4wtb
    [COLOR="SandyBrown"]Tim,did you get my PM?
    Anyway,Mason is here, go on![\COLOR]

Hi.Now that we both have threads,we'll be able to talk more!
    But I digress.Questions.

I am half Belgian,one quarter Danish,one eighth Seneca Indian, and one eighth Inuit. What does that tell you about me?

There is a wall in Berlin in my time. What do you think?

I'm not sure if this has been asked before,but could you describe your family and classmates?

I apologize for the shortness; I'm not feeling too eloquent.