Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Hermione Granger - Part II

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    I didn't think of Hermione flaunting it to Muggles (I agree she would never do it), but could easily imagine her saying it to Ron or Harry during a holiday when they were being particularly annoying.

Perhaps this is not the place, but could one of you explain what you mean by the fourth wall of canon? If it would be better, you could pm me since it's not about Hermione. Thanks!
    Lovely banner by Minna

zazzy7

Hermione's Apparition abilities

Hi! Would Hermione be able to Apparate to a destination she doesn't know and never been? The only knowledge she has is Harry is there. Thanks!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Hmm... she didn't know anything at all about the destination? Only that she was wanting to go wherever Harry was? I dont' think so. If that were possible, Voldemort could have found Harry at any point in DH, and Ron should also have been able to apparate back to Harry and Hermione as soon as he had wanted to do so. I think she would need to know at least the name of the place where he was, or something.
    Lovely banner by Minna

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    I think she probably would if she knew the name of the place. Think about the Quidditch World Cup, hundreds, possibly thousands of wizards Apparated into that wood. Had they all been there before? Probably not. They would probably have known the name, but I doubt that much more. Snape also Apparates to the Forest of Dean in DH with just a name.

If she didn't know the name then she wouldn't, like Lori pointed out Ron would have been able to join Harry and Ron again, and Voldemort would have been able to find Harry easily. You have to focus on your destination when Apparating, and you wouldn't be able to do that if you didn't know where you were going.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    We know that after DH, Hermione went back to Hogwarts after the events in DH, and I even see a lot of stories where she is made Head Girl, though I wonder about the logicistics of certain things. Would she still be a prefect even though the girl in the year before her would technically be the seventh-year prefect. Would it be possible for her to become the Head Girl for that year?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    If James Potter can become Head Boy having not been a Prefect, then I can't see why Hermione wouldn't be made Head Girl or at the very least have prefect status.

There will be more students at Hogwarts. The Muggle-borns will be retaking the year they missed, other students would probably be re-taking exams as they either didn't sit them after the battle, or their education was so badly interrupted by the Carrows that they'd need to sit them again (or have extra tuition). The staff would need as many responsible prefects as possible; I doubt they'd quibble over an extra one in Gryffindor.

It's probable that some prefects died in the battle. A lot would have been of age, and we know at least fifty people died, so why not a Gryff prefect.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

sas__x
    WARNING POST WILL CONTAIN MENTION OF HOMOSEXUALITY.

Okay, so I'm writing a fic which is Hermione/Ginny. I know, scary. But how do you think Hermione would react to feelings for another girl? What do you think she would do after the first kiss? I have her confronting Ginny the next week, and saying it can't happen again but I don't think she would put it like that. Any idea's?

-Sarah

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Can you share a bit more? I think it all depends very much on her age, her life at that moment (is she married, does she have kids, is she with Ron or with anyone else at all), her experience (is this her first kiss with another girl), and the situation she's in at the very moment (emotional, drunk, scared, confident, stressed,...).

I think if she kissed in an "extreme' situation (like, for example, when she's drunk, or after she's had a huge fight with her boyfriend and is very vulnerable and emotional), she might regret it afterwards, try to rationalise it, and, yes, confront to say that it was a one-time thing. Hermione is always very clear on honesty and those things between people, so I think she would want to be that fair. That means she would be entirely fair though and admit that she had a part in the kiss too, but explain why she thinks she did it.

Apart from that, I think I need more information on the precise moment in Hermione's life.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

sas__x
    She's seventeen, in her sixth year at Hogwarts. She likes Ron, but isn't with him. Her and Ginny, it's like a random kiss. They are both walking around Hogsmeade and they are laughing. You know when you laugh with a girly pal and you kinda put your faces close together? Well that happens and it's like none of them know whats happening until it's happened, and they've kissed. So they pretend it never happened, until Hermione confronts Ginny. Does that make sense?

-Sarah

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    I think she'd be generally okay with the whole lesbian thing. I mean she'd be confused, particularly if she's never had feelings about a girl before, but I'm sure she wouldn't think she was 'wrong' in any way. I think what she would be most worried about would be the same sort of things that Harry was worried about when falling in love with Ginny. After all Ginny is her best friend's sister as well. I think she'd also be worried about how Ron and Harry would react and whether Ginny would want to take things further or not.

Also if this is in her sixth year as in Voldie's just come back, she might be worried about pursuing any sort of relationship. Hope that sort of helps.
    Banner by Minna.