Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hermione Granger - Part II

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    An intellectual mother who when faced with a screaming baby/toddler/child/teenager runs to a book and is rather dismayed when she finds out you can't get all the answers from it.

I think she'll happily take advice from certain people (her own mother for instance) but will get heartily sick at the barrage of advice from her Weasley sisters-in-law, although she'd probably listen to Molly.

As her children get older and are able to have conversations with her, I think she'll take great pleasure in showing them the world and will find their immersion in the magical world fascinating because she's not seen the magical world from a child's persepective before as she was a Muggleborn.

Ron will be more laid back, and he'll be the 'fun' parent - the rough and tumble parent. Hermione will be the one with lists, schedules, and rotas for chores.

She will hate the hormones attached to pregnancy, and post-birth because you can't intellectualise them.

Carole

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Sparrow

Accidental Magic

...interesting to see what the young Hermione might do given her talent.

Going down the road of Hermione being talented, you can have her try and gain, in Dumbledore's words, "an unusual level of control over her powers".
    I disagree. There is nothing in the books that states Hermione has an unusual level of talent. She is certainly talented but most of her superiority seems to come from books and studying and she wouldn't have had access to anything to help her magical studies prior to Hogwarts. Accidental magic occurs when a witch or wizard is feeling particularly emotional and in cannon it is very hard to a witch or wizard to perform magic with any control without the use of a wand, I think the idea of a young Hermione performing accurate spells without any equipment or training is highly unlikely.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow
    Accidental magic occurs when a witch or wizard is feeling particularly emotional and in cannon it is very hard to a witch or wizard to perform magic with any control without the use of a wand, I think the idea of a young Hermione performing accurate spells without any equipment or training is highly unlikely.
    Before today I would have agreed with you, but in the MWPP class we were talking about Snape and Lily when they were children. Lily Evans manages to perform and control magic really successfully without feeling particularly emotional and certainly without a wand. She is able to land from a great height from the swing and also make the flower open and close.
    If Lily can do that, then I don't see why Hermione wouldn't, at some stage, be able to control her magic on the quiet. I'm sure she'd be fascinated by it, although I agree that performing accurate spells would be unlikely.

Hmm, Fred at the age of five turns Rons teddy bear into a spider, he's feeling angry but it takes a degree of calculation and skill to be able to do that - especially at that young an age.

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Finest Firewhisky
    Also, I meant Hermione get her results (or at least try to) by practising herself. She'd trying to recreate what happened, with or without results, showing her study and analyse this new thing she's found.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I think it was a bit of a compromise between the two. Hermione was indeed a very talented witch, but keep in mind she worked very hard and spent a great chunk of her time studying. She came to her first year of Hogwarts with entire textbooks memorized, after all.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    Well, she'd certainly be the kind of mother who reards and rereads "Practical Parenting."

For some reason I've always seen her parents as caring, but not particularly hands-on. They're both professionals, they go skiing regularly. Did Hermione have a nanny? Would she consider the same thing for her children. Could this cause friction with her mother-in-law who seems to have been full time parent for such a long time.

-N-

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    I don't think that she would have had a nanny. I know plenty of people whose parents are professionals and they go skiining but have never had a nanny; I just don't think it would fit with the times. I see having a nanny as more of a really upper class thing. Draco might have had a nanny, and maybe Justin, but not Hermione. Her parents are only dentists after all, they aren;t millionaires.

I think that she would get a babysitter for her children after she returned to work (I definitely can't see her content at being a housewife like Molly Weasley). Would she consider sending her children to a Muggle Primary school? After all she would have gone to one. I think Ron would be opposed slightly to it, but would she send them?

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?
    I can imagine her sending them to a muggle school. She would believe that maths and english are very, very important in life and that school before Hogwarts is essential. Even though she would tell them this, I don't think that she would be *incredibly* pushy with them. No more than the average parent anyway. She would tell them to do their homework, recommend good books, help them with their school work encourage them... ect. ect.

~ Annalise x

Ronnie, Lyss, Becca, Andi, you guys are amazing. <3

I'M BACK, BABY! *evil laugh*

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I have something I have just been recently wondering about Hermione. She said on the train that she had already tried a few spell before going to Hogwarts. Do you think she meant she practised on the train or at her home?

Are students allowed to use their wands on the train, like they are at Hogwarts? And if it was at home, do you think she got a formal letter from the Ministry like Harry did in his first year, or do you think it was more like a gentle warning because they believe she didn't know any better?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

emck
    Okay, so I'm not 100% sure if this is where to ask this, but if I'm wrong...oh well.

So, I'm wondering about Hermione's career post-DH. Is it specifically stated, or is it just that she worked with Magical Creature's rights? And what other careers do you think might be relevant for her, if I was to ignore cannon?