Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Hermione Granger - Part II

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Hm, I always thought her Patronus was an otter because they were clever and JKR's favourite animal is an otter...but I suppose the Ron thing makes sense too.

I like the idea of a dolphin a lot, actually, and it's a water animal, like an otter.
    What about some sort of cat, maybe not like an Umbridge cat, but like a wild cat, like a cougar, or maybe a lioness.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by MAPF
    Hm, I always thought her Patronus was an otter because they were clever and JKR's favourite animal is an otter...but I suppose the Ron thing makes sense too.
    The connection with Ron and the Weasleys isn't just because of the place they live, but because weasels and otters are part of the Mustelidae family (as are ferrets ...)

Neil - fabulous acronym. Gives great comic potential and hope to all the Dramione shippers (and faux Dramiones, like me) - which probably isn't what you were hoping for at all.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    I was wondering- do you think Hermione would ever get involved in Muggle politics? Not as in running for office but just involved with something like Amnesty International? Or do you think Muggle-borns essentially "choose" a world to be part of and sort of forget about the Muggle world?

Given how much she cares about house elves I think it likely that, had she not been a witch, she would have been heavily involved in Amnesty and don't see why being a witch would prevent her continuing?

Also would she be interested in Muggle politics? If she was, what do you think her politics would be in early 21st century Britain?
    Banner by Minna.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    Quote Originally Posted by welshdevondragon
    I was wondering- do you think Hermione would ever get involved in Muggle politics? Not as in running for office but just involved with something like Amnesty International? Or do you think Muggle-borns essentially "choose" a world to be part of and sort of forget about the Muggle world?
    I think there are probably laws against interference by magical people into the Muggle world - at least at the running for office level. I could see her wanting to get involved with Amnesty International or something similar, but her life seems quite busy enough, don't you think?

As for the second part of this question, I don't think Muggle-borns have a choice because their genes make them witches and wizards. So they don't chose. I doubt they really 'forgot' about the Muggle world, but it would be difficult to remain a full part of the Muggle world, even if someone wanted to.

Given how much she cares about house elves I think it likely that, had she not been a witch, she would have been heavily involved in Amnesty and don't see why being a witch would prevent her continuing?
    I'm not sure an 11 year old would have been heavily involved in Amnesty International. We don't really know how politically engaged Hermoine was before the House Elf issue - it could have been the thing that woke her up to politics.

Again, there might be laws about wizards and witches in Muggle politics, even in advocacy groups. If only so that the magical people can't overrun Muggle politics.

For instance, say Amnesty International has a meeting with an important head of state who decides against helping them. Muggles would just have to accept this. A witch could Imperius the head of state and force him to help.

So I think there would be laws against how involved magical people could be in Muggle organizations, particularly political ones. Rather, there Should be laws. The wizarding community is infamously out of touch with Muggles, so maybe they wouldn't think to ban it until something like that happened.

Also would she be interested in Muggle politics? If she was, what do you think her politics would be in early 21st century Britain?
    I think Muggle politics would be less interesting to her than wizarding politics because it affects her own life in a significantly smaller amount, particularly once she's graduated from Hogwarts and living as an adult in the magical world.

In addition, I think that British politics, generally, aren't wildly insane. Yes, the shift from a Labour government to a coalition Lib-Dem/Conservative was fairly big, but it wasn't like they elected... I don't know the BNP or someone like that. The three major parties aren't really radical.

I don't know enough about British politics to make a sure bet as to Hermoine's.
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow
    In the forest of the night where screams are as common as leaves
    So I'm writing an Hermione/Luna fic. Do you think it could work out, just in general?
    If one is to face one's fears, one must realize what they love to conquer that fear.

First Year Ravenclaw
    Does anyone think that a Hermione/Luna could work? Hermione could keep Luna grounded to reality more, and Luna could help Hermione not become so world-weary (not that that's a bad thing). Any suggestions?
    If one is to face one's fears, one must realize what they love to conquer that fear.

Fifth Year Slytherin
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Dragon View Post
    Does anyone think that a Hermione/Luna could work? Hermione could keep Luna grounded to reality more, and Luna could help Hermione not become so world-weary (not that that's a bad thing). Any suggestions?
    I think that this pairing could possibly work. Your point about Hermione keeping Luna grounded is very correct, seeing as how Hermione is so down to earth. She wouldn't stand for too much nonsense. I do think that if it were to happen, it would probably be after the battle, seeing as how Hermione learns to value friendship rather than books even more in the seventh book. Of course, it could always happen in secret during the trio's school years, or possibly be an AU story.

-Georgia
    Georgia Duels!Georgia Drabbles!Georgia writes poetry!

completely Squeeable banner by Poojah. Isn't it amazing? Avvie by the amazing Julia/the opaleye

First Year Gryffindor

If Hermione kept a diary, when would she do it?

If this is the wrong place to post this, let me know and I will move it. Thanks!

I have an seed of an idea for a Hermione fanfic that I think has the potential to grow into a flowering tree (let's just sit back and admire my lyrical prose for a moment, lol). I was thinking to call it something along the lines of "Hermione's Diary" and have it take place during one of her Hogwarts years. It would be in journal/diary format, basically answering the question of "What if the books were written from Hermione's point of view?" My goal is to portray Hermione as the character, her thoughts and dreams and pet peeves and dreads and everything that goes on inside 'that big bushy head.' Since my idea is just forming and is very underdeveloped, I need some help figuring out a few things:

During which year/book should I set my fanfic? I really want to show the heart of Hermione, and I think each book shows a different maturity level in her; after all, she's growing up throughout the series, she is a dynamic character. I'm just not sure where to place this diary-keeping side of her. In her second year, Tom Riddle's diary features prominently in Ginny's life; but then again I'm writing about Hermione, not Ginny. Since that diary is a big part of the plot in CoS, maybe that would not be the best part of Hermione's life for her to keep a diary???? But what about her later years, her 4th, 5th and 6th years at Hogwarts???? Please help me decide which year to have her keep the diary, because I'm obviously having trouble with the decision.

I think it depends on what is going on in her life at the time, which would or would not make it substantial diary material. Then again, I could make anything she's thinking or feeling go into the diary. It doesnt have to be related to what is happening around her and to her, although it would be ideal to have something for her to write about.

I guess what I'm really asking is, where in the series is Hermione's life the most diary-friendly (for want of a better term), with the most conflict going on, and a lot of different people affecting/upsetting her life, giving her things to ponder over and worry about? I mean something would have to also be going on in the wider wizarding world too, as it always is in each book. But that 'something' would have to directly affect Hermione or at least be something that is near and dear to her heart that she really cares about. I'm not sure in which book this would be.

Once I decide on the book in which I will set Hermione's diary, I will be able to really start writing the fanfic. Answering that question will probably bring up a ton of new questions, but whatever. Potterheads are used to that.

First Year Ravenclaw
    [QUOTE]If Hermione kept a diary, when would she do it?/QUOTE] To reply to this:I think that the 5th book would be a great time for Hermione to keep a diary. At this point, the preparations against Voldemort are underway. This is also when Hermione's feelings for Ron show. Basically, a lot of changes are going on, and Hermione would need to talk about it. Seeing as she's pretty much a loner with the rest of the female population, and it would be awkward to talk about Ron with Ginny, I think it would make perfect sense in OotP for her to have this diary.