Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Hermione Granger - Part II

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    All right, I've done my research online, and everything I've read says Hermione went to back to Hogwarts for seventh year. Then she worked for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. On the HP Wiki it says "briefly" but I could not find any reason why, ie a JKR statement. Then she went on to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, where according to the HP Wiki she attained a high position.

So my question is...how long do you suppose she stayed with the Dept. of R/C of Magical Creatures? A few years? Several years? Did she leave before she got married? After? Before kids? After kids?

I'm formulating half an idea here. I'd like to see Hermione working in the Department of R/C of Magical Creatures for 2-3 years before moving to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. She's not married to Ron yet. Does that sound plausible? If so, I may have more questions...

Thanks!!
    ~Gina

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    I thought I read somewhere that she worked in the R&C of Magical Creatures just long enough to improve the lives of house elves, but I could be totally wrong here.

Your idea sounds fine to me, given that their oldest was 11 19 years after the end of DH.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

the_weird_one
    I don't think it would be OOC at all for her to protect her parents. As shown from DH, she obviously cares about them, and we often see her going home for the holidays, too. She obviously cares about their health, although they aren't her life.

As for the "keeping it to herself" part, I think she would probably evaluate the situation before saying something. If maybe telling people would hurt her parents again, then she wouldn't do it. Hermione is a very logical person, so I could see her thinking for some time about this. I think she would tell Ron, and maybe Harry, but I don't think she would post it in the Daily Prophet or anything.

But yeah. That's just my take.

-Addy

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Yes, you have free rein with their names.
    Now, if I understand your question correctly, I do think she would work to save them again, given she did protect them just as a procaution. I do think if she was being threatened, she'd tell someone though (ie Harry)
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmariam
    And would it seem too OOC for her to keep it to herself? We've seen her do it before, and if the threat was right and there were other things going on, I could see her doing it again.
    I can't remember when she kept something important to herself--please refresh my memory because I want to know all things Hermione. I definitely think you could pull this off, particularly if this is post-battle (as I know it is).... because everyone would know who she was, and probably that Harry and Ron are Aurors. Could it not have been part of the threat that her parents would be harmed immediately if she contacted any authorities, including her friends/boyfriend? Or that anyone who knows about this would automatically become a new target? She would definitely keep it from Ron and Harry if she thought telling them would put them in danger.
    Lovely banner by Nadia

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Wow, where's the Hermione love? Just kidding! Thank, MaPF, I appreciate the input! I'm running with this now, so here's another question:
    As far as I know, JKR has not given us Hermione's parents names. Is that right? Can I make them up? I hate making up names to characters we sort of know, but aren't named...

Knowing that Hermione has already protected them once in DH, would it seem wildly OOC for her to stick up for them again? Like, say someone is threatening her by using her parents as leverage. I'm thinking her guilt over the first time they were in danger might prompt her to move quickly and make sure they are safe a second time around. I'm not talking about another memory modification, just...being with them, to protect them.

And would it seem too OOC for her to keep it to herself? We've seen her do it before, and if the threat was right and there were other things going on, I could see her doing it again.

Thanks!
    ~Gina

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori
    I can't remember when she kept something important to herself--please refresh my memory because I want to know all things Hermione.
    She tends to keep things to herself until she's found the solution - usually from the library. For instance, in CoS Hermione has the idea about the Basilisk and dashes off to the library before sharing it. In PoA, she wears the time-turner for nearly a year without telling Harry or Ron, Then in GoF she works out the truth about Rita but doesn't say anything until they're on the train home. She also keeps the knowledge of Snape's mother being Eileen Prince to herself.

She always has a reason for this. It's usually because the timing isn't right, she's unsure or because someone else has told her to keep it a secret. I can totally see her keeping her parents condition a secret until she's worked things out in her own mind. Possibly she'd tell Ginny or Molly or maybe Professor McGonagall - but as everyone is suffering in the aftermath of the battle, then I could equally see her keeping her worries to herself.

Molly - I'm not sure you need the animal that really represents Hermione, but rather how she's perceived by the girl that admires her. Tonks, for instance, felt protected by a werewolf and that is what Remus transforms into, but it's not what he'd have felt protected by. She perceives that as protecting her, but he would feel threatened by the werewolf. Therefore, I would take something pretty basic like an owl and have that as the girl's Patronus.

~Carole~

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I have a question that is related rather indirectly to Hermione. I have a witch casting a Patronus Charm who sees Hermione as a source of protection and security. What animal do you think that would be?

We know Hermione's Patronus is the otter (J.K.'s favorite animal), but it is somehow supposed to be related to Ron and the Weasleys (Ottery St. Catpole is supposed to be based on a real town with a river that is the habitat for river otters).

So what animal could reprisent Hermione?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    I have a question that is related rather indirectly to Hermione. I have a witch casting a Patronus Charm who sees Hermione as a source of protection and security. What animal do you think that would be?

We know Hermione's Patronus is the otter (J.K.'s favorite animal), but it is somehow supposed to be related to Ron and the Weasleys (Ottery St. Catpole is supposed to be based on a real town with a river that is the habitat for river otters).

So what animal could reprisent Hermione?
    Would this witch be Minnie? I think a Komodo Dragon or a Basking Shark or something big and weird would be up her alley.

But back to your question, I honestly have no idea what kind of animal would represent the essence of Hermione. An animal that's pretty brainy is a must, but it must also have protective connotations. Some ideas for animals that fit the former criteria but not necessarily the latter include chimpanzees and other primates, dolphins, parrots, and elephants. Dogs have connotations of being protectors and also somewhat intelligent (debatable – CATS RULE!), so some kind of canine could work.

Tim the Enchanter

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    Gina

I'm late again, but i can't see anything wrong with your timetable.

My own future history has Hermione working at the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures until after she marries Ron (in After Breakfast) but joining the Department of Magical Law Enforcement before Rose is born

The Hermione one-shot I'm working on is called "The Girl from D.R.a.C.o. M.C. Am i the first to notice the possibilities of this acromym?

Neil

ps Molly - Ottery St Catchpole is probably based on Ottery St Mary, which lies on the River Otter, in Devon.

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers