Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hermione Granger - Part II

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Harry told Ron and Hermione about giving the twins his Triwizard winnings in OotP, chapter thirty (Grawp), while they have Transfiguration and work on transfiguring teacups. In my copy, it's pages 599 at the bottom and 600 at the top. They had been talking about Fred and George's leaving and that Ron thought Molly would blame him for not preventing the twins to leave.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    De-gnoming the Garden
    Thank you so much--that is exactly what I was looking for!
    Lovely banner by Nadia

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Hatching Dragon's Eggs
    From memory, Harry confesed to Ron during OotP, because Molly was worried about where they'd got the money from. I'm pretty sure Hermione was there, too. i'd need to check the chapter.

Neil

First Competition Banner I've won. For: Killers

Dumbledores_Fave

Hermione Granger before Hogwarts

Does anybody have any ideas on what Hermione was like before she got her Hogwarts letter? I'm thinking about writing a story about her but I would need ideas on what she was like. Was she social? Smart? How did she first start to use her magic? What funny things happened because of magic before she knew it was magic (like Harry and getting rid of the glass and Dudley falling in...)?

I don't know if I am in the right place for this but I am just trying to get information to write a story.

Thanks a lot to all you people who will reply!

-Sarah

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    My guess is that Hermione was not that much different than when we meet her on the train: a bit of a smarty pants, sort of bossy, confident but awkwardly unsure, interested in learning, loyal, brave, and hard-working. All translated to a younger age, of course.

When Harry inadvertently used magic, it was often in a situation when he was being picked on - he escaped the school bullies, he grew his hair back, he let the snake go. Obviously Hermione has a much better home life than Harry, but she may have been picked on in school similar to her rough start at Hogwarts, and so perhaps similar things happened to her. Since Hermione is a girl, however, I could see the person picking on her growing donkey ears or something as opposed to Hermione ending up on the school roof. The other situation where she might have inadvertently used magic might be if she were frustrated with something she was trying to do or learn. I could see that happening.

You might also consider taking her in a direction where she is very confused by what is happening and unhappy. Or perhaps she was a bit of a dreamer and it turns out that magic was the reason why, if that makes sense.

Hope that helps!
    ~Gina

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    De-gnoming the Garden
    I agree with everything Gina said. I think it would be likely that Hermione had a hard time making friends in school. She even had trouble at Hogwarts, and never was close friends with any of the girls until Ginny. As far as being picked on goes... we do know she had the bushy hair and the buck teeth. Pretty mean to go for those, but kids can be mean and seem to go for the most obvious differences when looking for ways to wound.

I definitely could see her doing accidental magic in a situation of frustration, as has already been said... especially school work related, or feeling left out socially.

Good luck ~ sound like a story I would enjoy reading!
    Lovely banner by Nadia

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    De-gnoming the Garden
    Double posting with a question of my own.

I saw this quote on a t-shirt: "You are so lucky I am not allowed to do magic outside of school." There is nothing resembling this quote in canon, is there? I assume it's purely in the "spirit" of Hermione? Just curious.
    Lovely banner by Nadia

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    No, nothing like that in canon I don't think. Pretty funny though!

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Also, a t-shirt like this seems like it might break the fourth wall, make the Potterverse aware of itself for what it is. And that would definitely go against canon!

All the same, it still does sound like a cool shirt.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I saw this quote on a t-shirt: "You are so lucky I am not allowed to do magic outside of school." There is nothing resembling this quote in canon, is there? I assume it's purely in the "spirit" of Hermione? Just curious.
    It is a funny T shirt (I want it!). Mind you, I don't thin k it's in the spirit of Hermione who would be the last person to flaunt to Muggles that she was a witch. She was a know-it-all, granted, but she was also an adherent to the rules and although she might think that sentiment, she'd never flaunt it.

I can see Ginny wearing it, though, or her kids, or Lily Evans.

But, yeah, what Molly said about the fourth wall of canon.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird