Thread: Newspapers

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!

Newspapers

Lately I have been doing a lot of thinking about wizards go about printing their newspapers. We all know that they have them, but what I wonder is how do they go about creating them. Do you think wizards have adapted their own typewriters like they did with them camera, or do they consider that to be a Muggle invention? And what about printing all their copies of newspapers. Do they use some kind of duplication spell? Would they actually need the paper and the ink to do it first, or do they just make the papers appear from the original copy? Or do you think they have adapted their own form of the printing press as well?

What do all of you guys think?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    In Deathly Hallows, Mr Lovegood has a big printing press in his house to mass produce Quibblers. I would presume that the Daily Prophet would use a similar if not identical device.

Note that these are magic printing presses, however. They would run on magic and probably never run out of ink and/or paper, or something like that.

Tim the Enchanter

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Note that these are magic printing presses, however. They would run on magic and probably never run out of ink and/or paper, or something like that.
    Unless ink and paper are two of the five exceptions to Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration.

I would imagine an old fashioned printing press, rather like the ones you see in movies that they had to roll by hand. Except a wizard could activate it by magic. I also think they'd use old fashioned typewriters but could maybe speak the words they needed to type out and the keys would do the typing themselves - rather like Rita Skeeter's quick quotes quill.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird