Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disapparating from the outskirts of Hogwarts

Halgy
    Crouch might have been able to get in through the front gates, but Sirius wouldn't have, as I said previously.

Likewise, I think the Deatheaters might have come through the forest durring the Battle of Hogwarts. They were able to meet in there (when Harry confronted them) in any case.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

What I don't get about this is - why wouldn't Sirius be able to get in through the front gates? To the castle, he isn't a criminal. I doubt that Dumbledore did any specific "Anti-Sirius"-spells on the gates. I think it much more likely that he walked in through the front gates as a dog than him risking so much by apparating on the school grounds. I mean, he could even have squeezed through between two bars... And who says IF you can apparate in the forest, Sirius knew? Did he even have a wand? I don't remember exactly..
    Anyway, I think it is possible that you can apparate in the forest, but definitely not right on the edge to the Hogwarts grounds. Somewhere deep inside, maybe.

Halgy
    Quote Originally Posted by Karaley Dargen
    What I don't get about this is - why wouldn't Sirius be able to get in through the front gates? To the castle, he isn't a criminal.
    What books are you reading? He was the Prisoner of Azkaban! It wasn't until the end of the book that Dumbledore accepts him as not being a criminal; until then, he thought, like the rest of the wizarding world, that Sirius was a mass-murderer.

Mod edit: Please be careful with the tone with which you address people, as it is very easy to be misinterpreted on the internet. It is OK to give you opinions but not to insult the views of other users.