Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly SPreviEW Award

MerryD
    Congratulations, Hannah! And Nikki and Jenna and Leanne!

<3Mere

ElectronicQuillster
    It's that time again...

Announcing our finalists for September:

Jenna
    Kelly
    Nikki

(Shush, I know this is only for September, but we'll get along to October's winners shortly!)

And your winner for the Review Award and a sparkly new banner by our dearest Anna is...

And to brag on her:

+This was a review that made me very happy to read. There was a lot of detail and Nikki went really in depth into certain aspects of the story. The review was extremely thorough, and it just put a big smile on my face.
    +This review was one of those reviews that you read and you just beam and wish you had gotten a review like this. It was full of helpful notes about what was good about the story, with support for the points. The review was polite and professional, but personal as well. +The reviewer gave some really strong, helpful feedback and it was delivered in a polite, friendly manner.

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Um, wow. The first time today I really have time to probably go online, and its to this. How wonderful. I'm so honored; thank you so much!

And congrats to Jenna and Kelly as well. You're both amazing reviewers. <3

That banner is beautiful, by the way, Anna. I love that dog. He's cute and he makes me think of Sirius. Thank you!

[hugs SPEW]

[runs off to signature]
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Well done, Nikki! And to Jenna and Kelly, too! -squishes- And that's a really sweet banner, by the by.

dory_the_fishie
    It's been a while, but the RAC is back with an award!

Our finalists for February:

Jennifer
    Hannah
    Leanne

And the winner of this month's Review Award, receiving a shiny new banner from the incomparable Anna/Fantasium is...

Congratulations, Hannah! Here are some of the wonderful things that were said about you this month:

+Hannah does an excellent job of explaining her reasons behind her reactions and cites excellent evidence to make her points.
    + She criticizes kindly, without being overly harsh.
    + I would have loved to receive this review. It was extremely in-depth and offered a great balance of everything.
    + Quotations were integrated particularly well.
    + This review was just a brilliant example of what we strive for in SPEW.

And to everyone else - thank you! We were thrilled to see so many people turn in reviews this month. Keep it up!

jenny b
    Congratulations, Hannah! You definitely deserve it. And congratulations to everyone just for turning in their reviews, because you're all amazing. YAY SPEW.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Hello everyone!

As promised, the RAC is returning to its duties and has evaluated your reviews for September! (we're a little behind ourselves but hope to catch up by the middle of the month).

Anyway, after reading all your reviews, our three finalists for September are:

Jess/ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    Hannah/coolh5000
    Jen/jenny b

and the winner is...

Well done Jess! Your wonderful banner has been made specially for you by the queen o' SPEW herself!

Here's what the RAC had to say about your reviews in September:

- I think Jess outdid herself this time. This review was freaking amazing, which made me grin like a madwoman at my screen.
    - She touches upon so many aspects of the story, and carefully analyses each of them while providing her opinion in a very well-phrased and polite manner.
    - This was a great review that would be wonderful to receive. Jess clearly got across her feelings about the story and I think that it is a wonderful example of what SPEW is about.
    - I need to learn some serious reviewing skills from her.

We'll be back in a couple of weeks with the winner for October!

p.s don't forget that the RAC is still on the look out for a new member - it's not too late to PM me.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

CoolCatElly
    WHOOT GO JESS!!! See, you are amazing

xoxox

*dances dance of happiness and throws confetti all over you*

jenny b
    Yay! Congratulations, Jess! You deserved it.

*giant squishes*

'Til the end of the line Ravenclaw
    Unspeakable
    Kill the Spare
    Aww, you guys... Now I have to go back and remember what I reviewed, lol.

*grins like idiot*
    Jess WritesJess DrabblesJess DuelsJess PoetsJess Draws

Gorgeous banner by Dinny / Evora.