Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly SPreviEW Award

Indigoenigma
    Yay Jen!

You're reviews are amazing - I love it when I get one.

And yay for Nikki (...and, er, me, I guess)!

I need to do more reviews, now...hmm

MerryD
    Yay! Congratulations, Jen! You do write some pretty fabulous reviews.

And, yay! for Nikki and Kelly and Britt and Haylee!

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea

*rushes in quickly*

*screams*

Congratulations, guys!

I just went through the January reviews... and wow... you people completely deserve the award and honourable mentions. *hugs*

- Afifa
    - Write - Beta - Drabble - Duel - Help -

Awesome avvie by Minna/minnabird.

ElectronicQuillster
    Another review period has come and gone, and we in the RAC are super psyched more than anything that, not only are we seeing a steady increase in SPEWers fulfilling their monthly review quotas, everyone is improving significantly in their QUALITY of reviews each month! It's wonderful to see scores improving across the board, because it just means that you are all getting more awesome. -grin- Seriously, the majority of SPEW now scores in our 'above average' range, and it's freaking awesome. So I just wanted to say that just because you may not have been a finalist yet, it doesn't mean we don't see how great you are.

Right, now that I've bragged on all of you (because you seriously deserve it!), it's time to announce our finalists for the February review period. These three SPEWers turned in all of their reviews and monthly requirements on time, and they went the distance with the thoughtful feedback, which was diverse and helpful, making for some very constructive reviews. Your finalists for Febuary are:

HJ/Hermione Jean Granger
    Haylee/xhayleexblackx
    Kelly/Indigoenigma

And the winner is....

KELLY/Indigoenigma!!!
    Bine made it!
    Credits:
    photos from flickr.com
    brush from hawksmont.com

Congratulations, dear Kelly! Your reviews have consistently been noteworthy every month, and you truly deserve this award. -beams and throws confetti-

Notes on Kelly's reviews for fuzzy/warm commemoration purposes (our reviews of your reviews, if you will):

-The reviewer was very direct and clear with their feedback. The reasoning provided for the suggestions was sound, and there wasn't any waffling. It touched on various aspects of the story and was very solid.
    -Reviewer gives concrit in a helpful manner and covers various aspects of the story without sounding unprofessional or hurtful at any time.
    -The reviewer gave very good feedback in a professional, but still friendly way. The reviewer also pointed out a couple weaknesses in the story, but provided an explanation and an alternative, which was really helpful.
    Right, SPEWers, we'll be back later tonight with this month's treats and tips for your information and consideration and our recommendation as we've been watching the trends.

MerryD
    Yay! Congratulations, Kelly! And Haylee and HJ! You guys are awesome.

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Oh, congrats, all of you! You're all wonderful reviewers! YAY Kelly for winning! [hugs]

"Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

Indigoenigma
    Oh goodness!

I didn't expect that at all. Thank you so much you guys! And congrats to Haylee and HJ for their excellent reviews as well!

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea

Congratulations, all of you Kelly, HJ and Haylee!

- Afifa
    - Write - Beta - Drabble - Duel - Help -

Awesome avvie by Minna/minnabird.

ElectronicQuillster
    -sneaks in-

Apologies for the absolute lateness, but here I am with the results for the March review period!

We have a lot of new faces, so how about just a refresher on the qualifications for Review Award elligibility? These three SPEWers turned in all of their reviews and monthly requirements on time, and they put effort into giving thoughtful feedback, which was diverse and helpful, making for some very constructive reviews. Your finalists for March are:

HJ/Hermione Jean Granger
    Leanne/dory_the_fishie
    Haylee/xhayleexblackx

And the winner is....

or

Leanne/dory_the_fishie
    Credits:
    Pictures from flickr
    Brush from hawksmont
    Texture from hybrid genesis
    Fonts from dafont.com

So, yes, to make up for the lateness, our awesome Leanne gets a choice from two banners by our own Bine/luinrina.

And we'll be back with an edition of monthly tips for you, and we've got a couple of new people on the committee to get straight to evaluating all of the reviews for April, which I'm sure are all wonderful. -hugs spew-

dory_the_fishie
    Squee, thank you! I've never won before, so this is pretty awesome.

-snags lovely banner and squishes Bine for it-