Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly SPreviEW Award

ElectronicQuillster

Monthly SPreviEW Award

Well, my wonderful and darling SPEWlies, welcome to a fresh start of the Review Award Committee. First off, I must introduce my wonderful team of Britt, Bine, and Haylee! These girls have done a wonderful job, and working with them is a treat. -grin-

Now, on to the truly exciting part...

After careful consideration of the reviews from SPEWers who turned in all of their reviews and monthly requirements on time, we came up with three finalits that we felt had given particularly thoughful, diverse, and helpful feedback in very constructive reviews. Those finalists are:

Haylee/xhayleexblackx
    Kelly/Indigoenigma
    Mar/ElectronicQuillster

(You may have noticed that two people from the committee are on this list, but I would like to let you all know that we don't let committee members judge their own reviews, it's all unbiased in that way. We would never want it to be unfair because we love you all so much!)

There was discussion and comparison, but ultimately, the winner for December's Review Award is....

Mar/electronicquillster

Banner by social loner

>>

I promise it was so not my doing. I'm still blushing furiously over it!

Anyway, look in the next few days from some feedback from our comittee. Since better reviews make better writers - and we think it also helps US as reviewers in our monthly examinations of the work of others - the four of us thought it would be a good idea to come back to SPEW with a couple of pointers for how to improve your reviewing skills.

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea

Congratulations!

Great job you guys!

*pickles*

*parties away*

- Afifa
    - Write - Beta - Drabble - Duel - Help -

Awesome avvie by Minna/minnabird.

Indigoenigma
    Hee. I'm amused that you got to announce yourself, but...

Yay for you, Mar!

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    YAY Mar! Congrats, dear! [hugs]

And I think its an excellent idea to post with pointers. Can't wait to see them!

xox
    nikki
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

jenny b
    Congratulations, Mar! A very well-deserved award. And well done to the finalists, too!

The pointers are a wonderful idea, guys. I can't wait. ^_^

MerryD
    Congratulations, Mar!

heehee. I do find it insanely amusing that you created a thread congratulating yourself. And, I, too, am looking forward to that feedback. ^_^

BertieBotsBeans741
    Everyone should know that Mar cheated. =p No, not really. *hugs*

Good job, Mar! =D

*hums*

Brittany

ElectronicQuillster
    Well, it's been a month now, and I think I can speak for all the committee when I say that we're having a blast being able to look at all the reviews you guys take your time to write. So many of you are so awesome that it's really difficult to evaluate, but the system we've got seems to help. So, enough of my babbling, right? Let's get down to business.

This month we actually had a big tie that we had to resolve, so first, honorable mention goes to Haylee/xhayleexblackx and Britt/bertiebotsbeans741. These girls did a great job!

And now for your finalists. These three SPEWers turned in all of their reviews and monthly requirements on time, and they also truly went the distance with the thoughtful feedback, which was diverse and helpful, making for some very constructive reviews. Your finalists for January are:

Nikki/fg_weasley
    Jen/jenny_b
    Kelly/Indigoenigma

And the winner is...

-drumroll-

(PS It's not me this time. I made sure!)

-continues drumrolling-

Jen/jenny_b

Banner by our very own Bine/luinrina!

credits:
    pictures from flickr, schulbilder.org and myspace.com;
    brushes from hawksmont.com;
    fonts from dafont.com

So, let me be the first to congratulate our cute VP and throw the confetti, since I am the original keeper of confetti. -throws confetti!-

And some of our notes on Jen's reviews for fuzzy/warm commemoration purposes (our reviews of your reviews, if you will):

-She commented on style of writing, plot and characterisation, and gave concrit where she thought it was needed. Also, she did it in a very friendly and helpful manner, giving reasons and tips of how to change it. No ramblings or play-by-play; an amazingly well-rounded review.
    -This review was better than just ‘good’. It gave very constructive and helpful criticism, but also expressed what the reviewer liked about the story. It was polite when giving criticism, but still got the point across in a way that was helpful.
    -The reviewer commented on both plot and characterization while giving helpful feedback. The reviewer made the review personal, but still professional. The reviewer also commented on how the author’s writing had grown, which was a nice touch.
    -The reviewer touched on quite a few things and really took the time to tell the author what they thought about it. It was constructive and expressed solid and helpful thoughts on characterization.
    We'll be back with more review tips and treats for all of SPEW next review period. It was great to see a) more people get their reviews in for the month of January, and b) a marked improvement of what were already awesome review skillz! Don't forget, reviews are due in just about 9 days... (Depending on when you actually read this.)

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    YAY Jen! Your reviews are truly awesome; you deserve the award! Awesome job! [hugs]

Congrats also to Kelly (... and myself, I guess ... lol) for being a finalist, and Haylee and Britt for honorable mentions!

/congratulating. lol.

[hugs for everyone]

Killer job SPEW!

xox
    nikki
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

jenny b
    *blinks*

Oh my! Thank you so much, guys! I'm absolutely flattered. I never expected to get this! Congratulations to Nikki and Kelly, of course. You're both wonderful reviwers.

(And 9 days? Should get started ... >.>)