Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Percy Weasley

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Wouldn't you know it? I have another little pondering when it comes to Percy. What do you think his Patronus form would be?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    If we assume Percy can cast a Patronus, I like to think it would assume the shape of an ostrich (with spectacles!) Ostriches allegedly stick their heads into holes when faced with danger (out of sight, out of mind), which is sort of like what Percy did when Voldemort returned.

And plus, ostriches have these big feathers, and Percy... doesn't. Never mind...

Tim the Enchanter

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Originally posted by OliveOil_Med
    I am completely clueless when it comes to British geography. Can anyone think of a particular region or city that they think Percy would want to live in?
    It is stated in canon in OP chp 4, after the fight with his parents, Percy moved to London.

Originally posted by Tim
    I like to think it would assume the shape of an ostrich (with spectacles!)
    When I read this, I could actually see it. However, I would think this would be Fudge's Patronus.
    As far as Percy's, I would say an animal that is very prideful. For some reason, I picture a peacock. Peacocks strut around thinking they are all that. Percy always saw himself better than his siblings and to a point even better than his parents.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    As far as Percy's, I would say an animal that is very prideful. For some reason, I picture a peacock. Peacocks strut around thinking they are all that. Percy always saw himself better than his siblings and to a point even better than his parents.
    I don't know. If it was a peacock, I have a feeling I wouldn't be able to stop myself from thinking of the Malfoys. Remember, they have all those albino peacock running around the Manor.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

herm_own_ninny13
    The other thing about peacocks is they are surprisingly stupid. I have two. One of them tried to eat our Christmas tree lights, and the other one was flying around my garage and it got stuck in the door opener machine thing. We named them Fred and George, because they're twin boys, and they were cute and funny at first but now they're just.... not.

I can't see anyone's patronus being something that gets stuck in a garage door opener, unless their idea of protection is something to take the attention off them.

Hehe. That's just my two cents.
    -Maggie

MorganRay

?

I'm writing a fic that has Percy/OC at the end of it. I'm trying to formulate how Percy would act when he's attracted to someone. In public, I'm sure he would ignore the attraction at first, but in private, I think things would definitely change. I definitely think Percy is a conflicted character, and I can see him being a bit awkward with women, quite frankly. I also think Percy does say what he means most of the time. Fred and George ALWAYS tease him, and his inability to take a joke seems to indicate he is someone who is very straight forward. I think this would cause his actions with women to be split between the two extremes of being very lustful and being very reserved and stoic. Thoughts?

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills
    Hey Morgan -

You are right about the awkwardness. He's the sort who would perhaps get along brilliantly when it is a female co-workers for instance but certainly has trouble with a woman he is attracted to. I see him trying to ponder this distinction and feeling miserable.

I also think Percy does say what he means most of the time.
    Hmm. Probably. I'll give my own example here. I don't always say straight out what I feel, and I feel resentful, regretful and irritated more than I should actually, but I don't always voice them. And yet, my other behaviour (silence, activities) during those bouts reflect my above feeling clearly anyway. I don't see Percy as the sort of the person to take a right action when it is needed at least he doesn't find it easy to do that. Such people think a lot of things, over think them sometimes, may have the tendency to keep a grudge, say out things harshly than they were intended because there is too much conflict between heart and head.

Fred and George ALWAYS tease him, and his inability to take a joke seems to indicate he is someone who is very straight forward.
    I think he can take a joke. Again I do this - gee, I don't want to think I'm like Percy of all people *grimace* - I can joke and mingle very easily with people I like or share interests with, sometimes sycophantically , sometimes just because it is easier to talk to them - a lot of that has to do with perception. I think like Ron, Percy also resented his siblings sometimes, and I wouldn't exactly say a grudge, but he felt a bitterness towards them sometimes, like we see in his attitude towards Fred, George, Bill (GOF).

I think he'd be deliberately straight-forward with them if he wanted to because that'd be his defensive mechanism of sort, to prevent himself from feeling vulnerable. With people whom he doesn't feel threatened, he'd be more open, genuine, and joke like he did just before Fred died.

I think this would cause his actions with women to be split between the two extremes of being very lustful and being very reserved and stoic. Thoughts?
    Yes, definitely. To the extent that he'd be feeling really self-conscious in such a case and thus end up over or under playing an emotion/reaction. I see him the kind to actually respectably want to court a girl (sounds incredibly noble for Percy ) but then all of a sudden get too engaged in work to think about her perhaps. I see him as wanting to have authority over the girl, which might get him into trouble sometimes.

-Akay-

"Same story, different versions, and all are true."
    - Tia Dalma, Pirates of the Caribbean II

Lovely banner by ze bean and avatar from the brilliant
    LJ home of mrserinreynolds

deviantART page here

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Protecting Scabbers from Crookshanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Padfoot Patronus

Yes, definitely. To the extent that he'd be feeling really self-conscious in such a case and thus end up over or under playing an emotion/reaction. I see him the kind to actually respectably want to court a girl (sounds incredibly noble for Percy ) but then all of a sudden get too engaged in work to think about her perhaps. I see him as wanting to have authority over the girl, which might get him into trouble sometimes.

-Akay-
    I agree with Padfoot Patronus' statement that Percy would want to have some authority over the girl. Not because he would be a chauvinist, but he is a very patronizing towards everyone. It took him an entire year of disillusionment to loosen him up so a girlfriend might not be able to cure him of his stuffiness easily.

But I also imagine Percy trying to be gentlemanly and chivalrous, albeit a little pompously. You know, like someone who would stand up while a lady enters the room or pull out the chair for her. Yes, he would think that was the proper thing to do.

There's also the fact that he would not want the girl to think that he was giving her priority over work and career. He didn't let his own family feel that way. Maybe he would start being Weatherby again and boring the girl. It would take a lot from any girl to stay in love with the old Percy.

Of course, this doesn't mean that Percy couldn't love; he definitely had a huge thing going on with Penelope. But, yes, the fact that he was a little mum about that part of his life validates the point about him being awkward about getting intimate with anyone.
    ]

Banner by BELLA THE HELLA. <3

MorganRay
    I agree with Padfoot Patronus' statement that Percy would want to have some authority over the girl. Not because he would be a chauvinist, but he is a very patronizing towards everyone.
    I had the girl, who I decided to make Audrey because she's pretty much an OC anyway, be quite a bit younger than Percy. I think the age difference allows him to have a type of protective authority over her that we see Percy have over Ginny in CoS.

There's also the fact that he would not want the girl to think that he was giving her priority over work and career.
    No, I definitely have avoided this. He actually gives her advice on her career, but she's looking for some help at the time, so she doesn't mind it.

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Am I in the Right House?
    On lexicon it says that Percy received
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon
    O.W.L.s in all twelve subjects (CS4),
    One of these subjects is Divination.

... Did Percy really take Divination, much less get an OWL in it? I just don't see him taking it...
    Stories Duels Poems Drabbles
    Proud Puff on MNFF and Slyth on Pottermore

Banner by the awesome Minnabird Icon by wicked visions on LJ