Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost and Found V

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower

Lost and Found V

So, with part IV having reached over 150 posts, it's time for a new Lost and Found.

I'm sure you all know how it goes, but this is the thread to post in if you're trying to find a story which you remember reading a long time ago but didn't add to your favourite list. Hopefully one of fellow readers will be able to help you out.

If you are trying to find a story, please include as much of the following information as possible, so that people can be as helpful as possible.

Title or What You Think the Title is:
    Time Period:
    Category:
    General Plot:
    Author:

If you posted a request in the last thread that was not answered, you may re-post

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

weasleywannabe47
    Title or What You Think the Title is: I don't know!
    Time Period: not sure, pre-hp i believe
    Category: not sure, D/A I think
    General Plot: Umcridge has an adopted daughter with black hair with a firey red streak. It was chaptered and incomplete as of a year ago.
    Author: not sure

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    I've found two posts in the old thread that were never answered:

Quote Originally Posted by Written_in_Ink
    Title or What You Think the Title is: No idea...

Time Period: 6th or 7th year at Hogwarts

Category: Romance; rated 6th or 7th years, or Proffessor; Hermione/Draco, or Hermione/Snape?

General Plot: Hermione and Draco were Hogwart's head boy and girl, so they had to share a dorm with each other. Hermione was depressed and had Snape brewing a potion for her so she wouldn't appear that way. Draco discovered a spell or potion that would allow his to see through walls, and he spied on Hermione while he was in the bathroom. I can't remember much...but I hope the author didn't delete it!

Author: I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalMayhem
    Title or What You Think the Title is: I have no idea
    Time Period: Well it begins with them as children, but they get older throughout
    Category: Not sure, Romance I think...and it was a chaptered fic.
    General Plot: It's a Draco/Cho fic
    Author: Don't know

I'm not 100% sure this was the site I read it on but I'd be grateful if I could find it again.
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Rhi for HP
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by MysticalMayhem
    Title or What You Think the Title is: I have no idea
    Time Period: Well it begins with them as children, but they get older throughout
    Category: Not sure, Romance I think...and it was a chaptered fic.
    General Plot: It's a Draco/Cho fic
    Author: Don't know

I'm not 100% sure this was the site I read it on but I'd be grateful if I could find it again.

MysticalMayhem, I think I know the fic you're thinking of (how many Cho/Draco stories are out there?). It was by Gin_Drinka, I forget the title as well, but I read the first few chapters over a year ago and it started with Cho and Draco as children, and it was a Cho/Draco fic. However, it looks like she's deleted it now (she says on her Author's Page that she's been deleting some stories). Too bad. But, for the record, Mia's one of my favorite authors and if you've got the time it'd definitely be worth your while to read her other things!

Rhi

Hannah's edit: 2 points to Slytherin for helpful post

Lady Juliet
    Title or What You Think the Title is: It was something along the line of "The Weasley Wizard Wheezes" something like that.
    Time Period: I believe it was set in Harry's fifth or sixth year, although this was written before Ootp was released (I think)
    Category: Humor, I think
    General Plot: The Weasley twins show up, and give Harry this cheese that makes him act rather oddly. Hilarity ensues, and Dumbledore's beard turns purple.
    Author: I believe phoniex was in the name somewhere.

luna
    Title or What You Think the Title is:No idea.
    Time Period: Post-Hogwarts, it's Lavender Browns wedding.
    Category: I dont know, but it was probably D/A (not sure why I think that) or Post-Hogwarts.
    General Plot:Lavender Brown is about to get married, and she is remembered some domestic abuse inflicted on her and her mother.
    Author: I dont know.

I would appreciate any help here!

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills

Written_in_Ink,

Are you looking for Looking and Seeing by fawkes_07?

Summary: Set in a world where HBP and DH never unfolded, Draco Malfoy finds himself facing an unnerving challenge: making peace with Hermione Granger.

Chapter six has the charm you mentioned, and I've read it before, and I'm pretty sure she mentions going to Snape for an anti-depressant potion. It's a Hermione/Draco fic.

Hope I helped!

Kate

Hannah's edit: 3 points to Ravenclaw for a helpful post
    IB + Senior Year = Hiatus...again
    Kate...iPoem!...iWrite!...iBanner!...Dumbledore's Navy!
    Avvie and banner by me! Please request!

HARRYHARRYHARRYs_twin
    Title or What You Think the Title is: *no clue*
    Time Period: It was the Trio's Seventh Year at Hogwarts.
    Category: D/Hr
    General Plot: So Hermione and Draco were made Head Girl and Boy, and, following the favored plot point, had their own personal dorm. I remember that there were paintings of Gryffindor and Slytherin on the walls, and they were always making comments. Lucius for some reason needed his son to fall in love with a Muggleborn, so he sent the pair a Love Knot (or some such thing), that bound them together with a cord that wouldn't come off until they were in love. There was some mention of a loose button, but I don't know what exactly. I think it either won or came runner-up with a QSQ, or else I'm mistaking it. I would write more about it, but I have no idea what else is in it as I only went a few chapters into it. And I think it had a really pretty banner.
    Author: I've no idea.

I will love you forever if you find this for me. I loved the story for what I read of it, and I want to read it again. Also, I'm pretty sure it was 6th-7th Years, and written pre-DH, or else DH disregarded.
    EDIT: That's it! Riham, you're amazing!
    ~Selina

padfoot_returns
    Selina's I'm more than sure that the story you are looking for is The Unseemly Proposal by sparx. It's one of my fav even though she hasn't updated in forever. Here is the story summary:

The reign of Voldermort comes to an end, and with it ends the prestige and power Lucius Malfoy once had in the Wizarding World. In order to regain the respect of his fellow wizards and to make them believe that he has turned over a new leaf (which he actually hasn't) and has graciously accepted muggles and Mudbloods, Lucius asks Hermione, a Mudblood, to marry his son, Draco, a pure-blood. Obviously, they both refuse, but Lucius isn't going to give up easily. After all, he wants his status back. He still has a few tricks up his sleeve and is determined to play match-maker. What happens next is a series of events that serve only to bring Hermione and Draco closer, both literally and figuratively speaking. Read to find out how this one unseemly proposal causes absolute chaos in their lives! THIS STORY IS NOT HBP and DH COMPATIBLE! Hey all! Check out my personal info for the expected date of the next update. =)
    xxRiham

Hannah's edit: 3 points to Hufflepuff for a helpful post

harryginny4eva61
    Title or What You Think the Title is: I don't know!
    Time Period: Four years after final battle to some other time period.
    Category: H/G romance
    General Plot: Well, at first Ginny was in an endless sleep that Malfoy put her in, but then Hermione found a cure, and then harry and Ginny got married and had children and whatnot. Oh, and also there was a part where they were at a hotel and then Ginny changed the walls because "It needed some color". Also, Ginny was pregnant and didn't know until she fell off her broom playing Quidditch and her unborn children died.
    Author: No idea.
    Thanks for anyone who helps! This was the very first story I ever read and started my fanfic addiction, so I really want to favorite and remember it.