Thread: Resurrection Stone: Advice Needed

lupins_girl2006

Resurrection Stone: Advice Needed

Let's say that two people want to use the resurrection stone to see the same people; if they are both touching the stone, would they both be able to see the people? Or does someone have to be the only one holding the stone?

~Allie

Inverarity
    Rowling didn't elaborate, so it's up to you, but I'd be inclined to say they could both see the deceased. The more interesting question would be, what happens if the two people holding the stone want to see different people? Would both get their wish, or would Bad Things happen when two people try to command the stone at once?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    Would both get their wish, or would Bad Things happen when two people try to command the stone at once?
    Ohh... Bad Things is capitalised, and I just put it in italics! I think two people trying to use the Resurrection Stone at the same time would do something or other with nuclear fission, but that's just me...

But actually, I don't even think two people even can use the Stone at the same time. To use it, the wielder has to turn it over in his/her hand three times. That's simple enough, but when you have two different people do it at the same time, each person would have to hold it with their fingertips, but it won't be in either person's hand. It might not work, but then again, I don't know how picky the Stone is with little technicalities.

So let's just say there will be a big explosion and everyone dies. Then both would be able to see their dead loved ones at King's Cross. Taa daa!

Tim the Enchanter

lupins_girl2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Enchanter
    but when you have two different people do it at the same time, each person would have to hold it with their fingertips, but it won't be in either person's hand.
    True. But lets say the two people that are doing it at the same time catch it with one hand each. For example, a little kid throws a tennis ball in the air, and then they catch it in their hands and cup the ball. If the two people that are using the stone cupped it with one hand each, then wouldn't that mean that it landed in both of their hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    what happens if the two people holding the stone want to see different people? Would both get their wish, or would Bad Things happen when two people try to command the stone at once?
    I think, if this were the case, that they may only be able to see the people they wanted, and not everyone being thought of. Since the two people would want to see the same people, that would mean they wouldn't have someone else they thought of. Unless, of course, there were one person different, or added into the group, for one of the two. If my idea is correct, then that extra person would be hidden from the other person.

Seeing as Inverarity was right in saying that Rowling didn't really say, it could go either way.

~Allie