Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LoveNotes 2009

GringottsVault711

LoveNotes 2009

SPEW Love Notes

(see how well I copy/paste!)

How It Works

Prompts:

• All SPEWers can reply to this thread with up to six (6) prompts and pairings. The number of prompts must match the number of pairings. If you give four prompts, you must also give four pairings. Two prompts, two pairings.
    • Prompts should be kept very simple. They are not personal story requests. Nothing multi-faceted or complicated. They should be limited to a quote, a phrase, a word, a circumstance, a theme, etc; (For an example of prompts, take a look at last year's list).
    • Prompts do not go hand in hand with pairings. If your prompts are written they are likely to feature an entirely different pairing. Therefore, prompts should not be limited to or hint at certain pairings.
    • Do not post a pairing that someone else has already posted.
    • Also, all characters must be HP-Verse characters. No real people, original characters, or characters from any other fandom.
    • This is a romance-themed activity. So, all stories will have some sort of romance element. While you don't need to limit your prompts to be obviously romance related, try to avoid prompts that will be overly difficult to work with.
    • You do not have to write a story to post prompts.

Example:

Claims

• Once the thread is closed all the prompts and pairings, I will compile the list into one post for everyone to choose from.
    • For stories, you may choose one prompt and one pairing. Each prompt and pairing will only be written once. Therefore, it's first come, first serve.
    • In order to make a claim, simply PM me with your choices. I will respond giving you the go ahead, and from that point, you have one week to turn in the story. If you fail to turn in the story at that point, than the prompt and pairing will both be made available to anyone else who may have requested it after you. You will need to request it again.
    • I will not accept multiple timed-out claims from the same member. If you twice fail to write a claim on time, you will not be given any more.
    • Once a story is turned in, the pairing and prompt used will be marked as completed and no longer available for claim.
    • Once you have completed a story, you may make another claim. The tentative limit on stories is three. That may change depending on participation. The more prompts we have and the more variety in the authors, the more stories you will be allowed claim.

Story Rules & Guidelines

• Both drabbles and one-shots are acceptable. The minimum word count is 200 words.
    • Stories should be well formatted and clear of technical errors.
    • Stories should be marked with all applicable warnings and given an appropriate rating. For consistency sake, please use the MNFF rating scale, and also refer to MNFF warnings.
    • Subject matter should also be MNFF appropriate, meaning they should not include any content forbidden by MNFF (incest, bestiality) or exceed a Professors rating. Nothing NC-17, ie any sort of explicit violence or sexuality.
    • While it is a romance theme, you can interpret that in many ways. You can write fluffy romance, or you can write heartbreak, unrequited love, loss of a loved one, etc; The only real requirement is that the pairing be at the centre of the fic and at least one of the characters should have some sort of romantic feeling for the other.
    • If you wish, you may send me the completed story as soon as it is done, and send the beta'd version later. As long as I know the fic is done, I can remove it from the available list.
    • Please make sure all you include HTML formatting tags.
    • Please include the following header (with tags) with your story

<b>Title: </b>
    <b>Author: </b> (Forum Name/Known Name; ex: "GringottsVault711/Jenna")
    <b>Pairing: </b>
    <b>Prompt: </b>
    <b>Rating: </b>
    <b>Warnings: </b>
    <b>Word Count:</b>
    Posting

• Posting will begin at SpewSwap on February 14th, and will be done sporadically depending on how many stories get written.
    • At this point, I will accept claims up until February 7th. If I recieve a significant number of stories before that point, I will extend the deadline. I just want to make sure that we have stories in on time to begin posting.

You may begin posting prompts now. The thread will be closed on January 11th.

This thread is for prompts only. Please PM me with any other questions you have.

If you'd like to have a look at last year's stories, click here.

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Yay! Let the fun begin!

Pairings:
    • Isla Black / Bob Hitchens
    • Rose Weasley / Scorpius Malfoy
    • Harry Potter / Ginny Weasley
    • Draco Malfoy / Astoria Greengrass

Prompts:
    • Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand, and Stars, 1939
    • star gazing in a field with snow lying on the ground
    • a child born at Valentine's day
    • Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart. ~Author Unknown

~Bine
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

XhayleeXblackX
    Prompts:

- "Say goodbye, it'll make me want to kiss you." - Leave Me (Alone I'm Lonely) by Pink
    - Love is what the trouble is.
    - A field of daisies in light rain.
    - "I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that loving you was the problem here."
    - "If I could wake up to one thing everyday, I would, without a single doubt, want it to be you."

Pairings:

- Narcissa Black/Lucius Malfoy
    - Scorpius Malfoy/Lily Potter (Jr.)
    - Oliver Wood/Draco Malfoy
    - Victoire Weasley/Teddy Lupin
    - Pansy Parkinson/Blaise Zabini

Eek. I'm excited.

-Haylee

jenny b
    Yaaaaaaaaaay!

Pairings:
    Ron/Hermione
    Albus/Gellert
    James/Lily
    Molly/Arthur
    Draco/Hermione
    Severus/Lily

Prompts:
    A boat
    Tree-climbing
    "Unless you love someone, nothing else makes any sense." E. E. Cummings
    Life's not always a happy ending.
    "You know I love you, I just cover it up with witty remarks."
    Chocolate cheescake

MerryD
    Wheeee!

Pairings:
    ~ Oliver/Katie
    ~ Fred/Angelina
    ~ Remus/Sirius
    ~ Cedric/Cho
    ~ Draco/Ginny
    ~ Remus/Tonks

Prompts:
    ~ "I Want You To Want Me" - Cheap Trick
    ~ "Holding Out For A Hero" - Bonnie Tyler, Footloose
    ~ berries and cream
    ~ a cup of tea
    ~ "Infatuation is when you think he's as sexy as Robert Redford, as smart as Henry Kissinger, as noble as Ralph Nader, as funny as Woody Allen, and as athletic as Jimmy Conners. Love is when you realize that he's as sexy as Woody Allen, as smart as Jimmy Connors, as funny as Ralph Nader, as athletic as Henry Kissinger and nothing like Robert Redford - but you'll take him anyway." -Judith Viorst, Redbook, 1975
    ~ "Love must be as much a light, as it is a flame." -Henry David Thoreau

-bounces-

-Mere

Indigoenigma
    Pairings:

Draco/Cho
    Helga/Rowena
    Rowena/Salazar
    Oliver/Ginny
    Sirius/Lily
    Ron/Luna

Prompts:

+ Fog
    + "A heart whose love is innocent." She Walks in Beauty, Lord Byron
    + Reading a book
    + A dream
    +Whispering
    + A photograph

Fifth Year Hufflepuff
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    lol my first thought was Sirius/Lily but Kelly put that..

Pairings:

>Regulus/Lily
    >Sirius/Marlene (McKinnon)
    >Cedrella/Septimus
    >Bellatrix/Rodolphus
    >Bellatrix/Evan Rosier
    >Bellatrix/Lucius

Prompts:

>'You have to go on a be crazy. Craziness is heaven.' -- Jimi Hendrix
    >'Love is tempermental. Tiring. It makes demands. Love uses you, changes its mind. But hatred, now thats something you can use. Sculpt. Wield. It's hard or soft, however you need it. Love humiliates you, but hatred cradles you.' -- Janet Fitch, White Oleander.
    >'I think that passion and love and pain are all bearable, and they go to make love beautiful.' -- Robert Plant
    >'As Lovers Go' by Dashboard Confessional
    >Blood (Interpret that as you will...)
    >A deck of cards
    "Through literacy you can begin to see the universe.
    Through music you can reach anybody.
    Between the two there is you, unstoppable."

--grace slick
    avvie: julia/the_opaleye

ElectronicQuillster
    -Cedric/Katie
    -Charlie/Katie
    -Andromeda/Ted
    -Harry/Katie
    -Regulus/Emmeline Vance
    -Seamus/Lavender

-The coldest, cruelest heart
    -"It's like taking a guess, when the only answer is yes" /Jason Mraz, A Beautiful Mess
    -"The first kiss and the first time that I felt connected to anything" /Snow Patrol, Make This Go On Forever
    -Between the dim and the dark
    -Old lace
    -One page in a book is only a page, and then you turn it

GringottsVault711
    • Lily/Narcissa
    • James/Sirius
    • Harry/Cho
    • Tom/Minerva
    • Charlie/Fleur
    • Harry/Gabrielle (Delacour)

• fairytales
    • perfect symmetry
    • motionless
    • "What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you?" (from "Breakeven" by The Script)
    • "Perhaps the feelings that we experience when we are in love represent a normal state. Being in love shows a person who he should be." (Anton Chekov)
    • Seduction isn’t making someone do what they don’t want to do. Seduction is enticing someone into doing what they secretly want to do already.

R_Ravenclaw
    Pairings:
    Blaise/Theo
    Oliver Wood/Percy
    Snape/Hermione
    Bellatrix/Voldemort

Prompts:
    Breathless
    "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." (Aristotle)
    A love letter
    "Dreams are but the illusion that we put upon ourselves to make life in an unbearable world liveable." (Anonymous)