Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muggle Equipment in Wizard Remedies

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Hey, Rhi! Thanks for your suggestions!

Needles, though messy, are the fastest ways to administer many things. My fic is set in 2007, and I do have syringes being used in it. So needles won't be a surprise for my readers, though I'd really like a painless alternative.

I don't really have any suggestions, apart from charming nutritive potions into their bloodstream/digestive system, depending on the level of accident.
    This doesn't seem plausible, because Voldemort could have merely magicked some deadly poison into Harry's veins and killed him, then.

And my character has been stabbed and the poison in the knife has caused them to slip into a coma.

Of course, CT/MRI scans will be there, and I do have wizarding alternatives for them. And for BP, temperature and pulse check, I've got suitable stuff. It's just the drip that's bothering me.

Thanks!!!
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

Inverarity
    I still like a botanical solution. But if you think a vine down a throat is too creepy, maybe a plant that can transfer water and nutrients through the skin via magical osmosis instead?

Or perhaps they have giant magical silkworms from China that wrap the patient in a protective cocoon? (Now that would be creepy! But very wizardly! ;0 )

bellaoc
    It's just the drip that's bothering me.
    Yeah I understand. Here's what I would do. You've tried to find an alternative, you've written this thread asking for help and nothing has really jumped out at you. Honestly, I would just keep the drip the way it is in the muggle world and keep writing your story. Yeah it's important, but i don't think someone would say, "Oh gosh, what a horrible fic, they used muggle magical methods!". I would just keep writing the story and focus on the plot. And if you happen to have a stroke of brilliance later on, go back and change it! You could even add a bit about another character commenting about how horrible the drip seems and have a healer say that they've searched for an equivalent but right now the Muggle drip works perfectly fine. Something like that to fill the gaps!
    --Bella

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Hello again, and thanks for all the help!!!

I think I'll go by Bella's advice this time, as the vines are already monitoring my character's heart . I'll keep the drip as it is. It's an advanced technique already... I guess it's all right, it won't matter so much.

Thank you again!

Anyone else who wants help in anything similar is free to post!
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

moonys-muggle
    It's just the drip that's bothering me.
    Just in case anyone else needs ideas for this, I was thinking that there could be a kind of reverse pensieve thing. A healer could use their wand to draw liquid nutrients from a special container and then they would flow into the injured person directly throught their skin. I needed to offer a different idea because the vine idea completely creeped me out.