SPEW Love Notes
(see how well I copy/paste!)
How It Works
- All SPEWers can reply to this thread with up to six (6) prompts and pairings. The number of prompts must match the number of pairings. If you give four prompts, you must also give four pairings. Two prompts, two pairings.
- Prompts should be kept very simple. They are not personal story requests. Nothing multi-faceted or complicated. They should be limited to a quote, a phrase, a word, a circumstance, a theme, etc; (For an example of prompts, take a look at last year's list).
- Prompts do not go hand in hand with pairings. If your prompts are written they are likely to feature an entirely different pairing. Therefore, prompts should not be limited to or hint at certain pairings.
- Do not post a pairing that someone else has already posted.
- Also, all characters must be HP-Verse characters. No real people, original characters, or characters from any other fandom.
- This is a romance-themed activity. So, all stories will have some sort of romance element. While you don't need to limit your prompts to be obviously romance related, try to avoid prompts that will be overly difficult to work with.
- You do not have to write a story to post prompts.
- Once the thread is closed all the prompts and pairings, I will compile the list into one post for everyone to choose from.
- For stories, you may choose one prompt and one pairing. Each prompt and pairing will only be written once. Therefore, it's first come, first serve.
- In order to make a claim, simply PM me with your choices. I will respond giving you the go ahead, and from that point, you have one week to turn in the story. If you fail to turn in the story at that point, than the prompt and pairing will both be made available to anyone else who may have requested it after you. You will need to request it again.
- I will not accept multiple timed-out claims from the same member. If you twice fail to write a claim on time, you will not be given any more.
- Once a story is turned in, the pairing and prompt used will be marked as completed and no longer available for claim.
- Once you have completed a story, you may make another claim. The tentative limit on stories is three. That may change depending on participation. The more prompts we have and the more variety in the authors, the more stories you will be allowed claim.
Story Rules & Guidelines
- Both drabbles and one-shots are acceptable. The minimum word count is 200 words.
- Stories should be well formatted and clear of technical errors.
- Stories should be marked with all applicable warnings and given an appropriate rating. For consistency sake, please use the MNFF rating scale, and also refer to MNFF warnings.
- Subject matter should also be MNFF appropriate, meaning they should not include any content forbidden by MNFF (incest, bestiality) or exceed a Professors rating. Nothing NC-17, ie any sort of explicit violence or sexuality.
- While it is a romance theme, you can interpret that in many ways. You can write fluffy romance, or you can write heartbreak, unrequited love, loss of a loved one, etc; The only real requirement is that the pairing be at the centre of the fic and at least one of the characters should have some sort of romantic feeling for the other.
- If you wish, you may send me the completed story as soon as it is done, and send the beta'd version later. As long as I know the fic is done, I can remove it from the available list.
- Please make sure all you include HTML formatting tags.
- Please include the following header (with tags) with your story<b>Title: </b>
<b>Author: </b> (Forum Name/Known Name; ex: "GringottsVault711/Jenna")
- Posting will begin at SpewSwap on February 14th, and will be done sporadically depending on how many stories get written.
- At this point, I will accept claims up until February 7th. If I recieve a significant number of stories before that point, I will extend the deadline. I just want to make sure that we have stories in on time to begin posting.
You may begin posting prompts now. The thread will be closed on January 11th.
This thread is for prompts only. Please PM me with any other questions you have.
If you'd like to have a look at last year's stories, click here.