This month's prompt is:
I know, I know, could I be any more vague?
The idea is to write something that you've never written before. Not simply because you haven't gotten around to it, but because for some reason or another, it would be difficult for you. Maybe you don't write Snape because you don't like him, or you don't write James/Lily because it's been done a million times before and you don't think you can do anything new, or maybe you don't write Founders Era because you're not sure you have enough info to pull it off right. Perhaps you've never written present tense before or first person point of view before. Whatever it is, now is your chance to challenge yourself.
- You must be specific about what it is you are challenging yourself with. It should fit into one of the following categories: Character, Pairing, Genre, Era, or Style. (Style can refer to point of view or tense.)
- Drabble can be between 250-800 words.
- Content should not be any higher than a 3rd-5th Years rating.
- All content that would require a warning on the MNFF Archive should be labeled.
- This thread is for responses only. If you have a question, PM me.
- Responses must be posted by January 31st, 2009.
- Please post using this format:
Title: The Confused House-Elf
Challenge: Character - Dobby
Why It Is Challenge For Me: (Optional) I never write Dobby because his I find his dialogue difficult, and I generally stay away from non-human characters.
Word Count: 450 (This may be approximate)
Story Text Story Text Story Text Story Text Story Text Story Text Story Text
- As with all activities within the SPEW forum, this challenge is open only to SPEW members.