Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Numero Cuatro

Kayakwriter
    I took the sorting quiz and songbook99 sent me a pm saying that I had been sorted. That was two days ago and I still can't see my house common room. When do you think I will find out what house I am in? Thanks in advance!

rita_skeeter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayakwriter
    I took the sorting quiz and songbook99 sent me a pm saying that I had been sorted. That was two days ago and I still can't see my house common room. When do you think I will find out what house I am in? Thanks in advance!
    Everyone is sorted manually so it can take some time for the mods involved to get it all done. Please be patient and you should be sorted fairly soon.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    I would imagine this type of thing is not allowed - thought the mods would want to know (if you don't already!):
    http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/foru...49&postcount=1
    Thanks,
    ~Gina

rita_skeeter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmariam
    I would imagine this type of thing is not allowed - thought the mods would want to know (if you don't already!):
    http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/foru...49&postcount=1
    Thanks,
    ~Gina
    You are quite right; we do not allow this sort of post. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Kayakwriter
    I just noticed that my birthday is wrong on my profile. I was born on Feb. 21, 1993 not 1992. Could a mod change that for me? Thanks!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    You'd think I'd be able to answer my own questions by now! But I can't - sorry!

~When submitting a chaptered fic, do we need to put warnings for the entire story down from the beginning, or can we apply warnings later to the specific chapters they apply to? Does that make sense? For example, if someone dies in chapter ten, do we need to click that warning when we submit chapter one?
    ~Is there a place in the BA where non-members can get help? For example, where a non-member can post an example of their work and ask questions about it and get feedback?

Thank you!
    ~Gina

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmariam
    You'd think I'd be able to answer my own questions by now! But I can't - sorry!

~When submitting a chaptered fic, do we need to put warnings for the entire story down from the beginning, or can we apply warnings later to the specific chapters they apply to? Does that make sense? For example, if someone dies in chapter ten, do we need to click that warning when we submit chapter one?
    ~Is there a place in the BA where non-members can get help? For example, where a non-member can post an example of their work and ask questions about it and get feedback?

Thank you!
    ~Gina
    1. I would put the warning just because I'd like to give a heads-up. You don't want people reading your story up until chapter ten and stop reading because of a previously unwarned warning.

2. That would be in the Banner Display, usually. However, you may want to ask Haley (QueenHal) just to be certain.

Sly Severus
    Should I include a Non-Consensual Sex warning for an attempted rape? I thought yes, but I just wanted to be sure. I didn't want to put it there, and then have people wondering why it is there.

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

Yes, you should. Even if it doesn't happen, the situation is still there.

Wordcountspammityspam.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

spottedcat83
    Why are the spaces in between my story paragraphs so big? I am hitting enter once at the end of the paragraph and once more to leave a blank space, and the spaces are too large.