Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Numero Cuatro

sirius_rocks
    Something I forgot to add above and it won't edit.

I was wondering if there could be a random button in MNFF? You know, someone presses it at they get taken to a random story. What do you think?

deanine
    Samantha: Try to be patient. The system has stages that must pass through more than one moderator.

sirius_rocks: There are mods around the globe. We don't have a hard and fast time zone. House cup will be awarded very soon. as for the Random button, our coders are currently trying to correct the bugs in eFiction. We have no plans to add any more bells or whistles until the program is running perfectly. Try to be satisfied with the functions we have.

Dumbledore Prince: The coders are exploring our options with the series function now. As it is being abused as we are quite aware.

groty07
    Hello
    I have submitted my 5th chapter several times, each time with seperate beta approval. I have not recieved a rejection notice or anything. They are just deleted. My permanent beta can not find anything major wrong with it and i am unsure what to do. If a mod could pm me and help me from going crazy I would greatly appriciate it.
    Thanks
    -G-

MNFF name- Groty07
    Story-When there was no one else- under Hr/D romance

GreyLady
    This is going to sound insane...but can you create more than one account using one email address? You see, it just occured to me that if I'm not sorted into Ravenclaw, my username is a little awkward. Don't laugh! I'm good with literary-ish things, not so much everything else, lol...In any case, I might just want to start fresh. I suppose I'd want to change my account on the main MNFF site, too. Urgh. And then there's the question of whether the old accounts can be deleted. Probably not, I'm guessing.

Hope someone will be able to make sense of this chatter. I need help!

GreyLady
    And--er--when will I find out where I've been sorted? I'm mean. how long does it usually take, just for reference? I'm sorry this is so short, but I couldn't edit my other post...

Zacko Borni
    Heyyyyyy! I have a stupid question, but one that has been driving me crazy! On the way bottom of the home page, it shows you the number of members, and next to it it shows the number of active members. How is it determained who is an "active" member? Thanks.

-Zacko

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by groty07
    Hello
    I have submitted my 5th chapter several times, each time with seperate beta approval. I have not recieved a rejection notice or anything. They are just deleted. My permanent beta can not find anything major wrong with it and i am unsure what to do. If a mod could pm me and help me from going crazy I would greatly appriciate it.
    Thanks
    -G-

MNFF name- Groty07
    Story-When there was no one else- under Hr/D romance
    There's a thread in this forum for those who didn't get letters. Just fill out the form and the appropriate mod will come by and look at it.

This is going to sound insane...but can you create more than one account using one email address? You see, it just occured to me that if I'm not sorted into Ravenclaw, my username is a little awkward. Don't laugh! I'm good with literary-ish things, not so much everything else, lol...In any case, I might just want to start fresh. I suppose I'd want to change my account on the main MNFF site, too. Urgh. And then there's the question of whether the old accounts can be deleted. Probably not, I'm guessing.

Hope someone will be able to make sense of this chatter. I need help!
    Hmm I don't think you can create more than one account with the same email address. You shouldn't be doing that anyway since the rules do say one account per person please.

It's all right if you're not Sorted in Ravenclaw. There are so many usernames all around the forums that don't "make sense" in regards to the Houses they're in.

And--er--when will I find out where I've been sorted? I'm mean. how long does it usually take, just for reference? I'm sorry this is so short, but I couldn't edit my other post...
    I'm not all that sure. You know, songbook99 has to score them by hand, and I'm sure she gets quite a few each day. You'll have to be patient when it comes to scoring quizzes.

Heyyyyyy! I have a stupid question, but one that has been driving me crazy! On the way bottom of the home page, it shows you the number of members, and next to it it shows the number of active members. How is it determained who is an "active" member? Thanks.

-Zack
    Active is defined by your activity. If you hadn't been active for more than a year, then you're inactive. But, since these forums aren't even a year old, everyone's defined as active.

Quidditch_Playa
    I was just wondering how the status lines, such as "In the rubble of Godric's Hollow" and "Belching up slugs" etc. are classified. I mean to say how many different rankings are there and how many posts does it take to get to each?

Thanks!

anangeliam05

Post Number

My number of posts never display. It always says zero. Is there something wrong with the post count?

Lurid
    Rather stupid questions below. (Well, not stupid, just ignorant on my behalf)

If you're posting a Songfic, can you place a linkie using the <a h r e f = " " > code to a site where the song is played, so the Author can listen to the song while they read the fic to decide whether they think it's suited, or they think you've captured the right point of the song?

Are we allowed linsk in our Authors Notes, to our Beta i.e. -

And I'd like to thank my beta [Link] OhISee[/Link] for all her help!

Are we even allowed coding in our Authors notes, or is it the same with the summary?

Thank you!

*bows out*