Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Numero Cuatro

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

Oh for the love of.... i'll delete it and warn her.

Things never cease to surprise me.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

Banannarama
    Ok, I'm new here, and I have quite a few questions. I'm sorry if I repeat a question, go ahead and delete it because, even though I did read through the FAQ and all the posts, I'm sleep-deprived right now so I might not have processed all of it.

1) In my MNFF story, Nymphadora Tonks and the Doxie's Trap, I have two chapters: one's a prologue, and therefore is only 853 words (I think) The other's a normal chapter, and it has 1700-some words. When I looked up my story under "Mystery" fics, it said that my story only had 853 words in it. Is that natural, a glitch, or a glitch like the "character" aspect of search?

2) What is the house cup, when is it held, and how do you win? I'm in the process of being sorted right now (thank you songbook99!!!), but I've heard about house points/the house cup all over MNFF forums.

3)Are all mods the same on MNFF as they are on the forums? How do you become a forum mod? I know it explains it in the FAQ, but it's confusing to me. How do you become a plain-old MNFF mod? Do you have to be a PI-accredited beta-reader?

I'm sorry if I have too many questions!

~Banannarama

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannarama
    Ok, I'm new here, and I have quite a few questions. I'm sorry if I repeat a question, go ahead and delete it because, even though I did read through the FAQ and all the posts, I'm sleep-deprived right now so I might not have processed all of it.

1) In my MNFF story, Nymphadora Tonks and the Doxie's Trap, I have two chapters: one's a prologue, and therefore is only 853 words (I think) The other's a normal chapter, and it has 1700-some words. When I looked up my story under "Mystery" fics, it said that my story only had 853 words in it. Is that natural, a glitch, or a glitch like the "character" aspect of search?
    Glitch. A few stories have that problem too. However, it shouldn't influence the story itself.

2) What is the house cup, when is it held, and how do you win? I'm in the process of being sorted right now (thank you songbook99!!!), but I've heard about house points/the house cup all over MNFF forums.
    Same thing as the ones for the Harry Potter books. Points are awarded for good behavior. Points are taken away for bad. In the end, the House with the most points gets the trophy.

3)Are all mods the same on MNFF as they are on the forums? How do you become a forum mod? I know it explains it in the FAQ, but it's confusing to me. How do you become a plain-old MNFF mod? Do you have to be a PI-accredited beta-reader?
    The mods are the same (more or less). You can only become a mod through applying for it when applications are open. Currently we don't need anymore mods but keep an eye out for announcements that may ask for more mods And no, you don't have to be PI-accredited though it would help.

Sam

Smile

How do you get to your common room? I can't seem to figure it out!

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    How do you get to your common room? I can't seem to figure it out!
    If you're not sorted, you can't access a common room. PM songbook99 for a sorting quiz.

Sam
    I am sorted, but I have no earthly idea how to access the common room!

Asphyxiated
    Sam, once you are sorted, a moderator has to manually add you to your House 'usergroup'. Depending on how busy the mods are, this may take a few days. Once you are added, you will be able to the see the forum (just like any of the others eg Fiction Junction and Skele-gro Plot etc) in the Hogwarts and Beyond section.

Samantha
    Okay, I'm really, really sorry to complain, but it has been nearly a week since I was sorted into Hufflepuff, and I have still not been added. It says it's only supposed to be a few days. When my sister was sorted into Gryffidor, it only took one day for her to be added. How much longer will it be?

sirius_rocks
    I was wondering in what time zone does the forums run on? Like, what time would the cup be awarded if my time were GMT +10:00, and the forums were in the GMT timezone. I'm confusing myself...

Dumbledore Prince
    Hello,

I'm not sure if suggestions are allowed to be posted in this thread, but I'm posting it here since there's no specific thread for it.

I'm sure most members and mods are aware of the amount of violations of the series creation rules on the main site. I wonder if some guidelines for creating a series can be added to the submission rules page on the main site or on the add new series page? I know that one of the mods had made a news post in this regard a few months ago, but not many people browse the news archive. Can the series rules be added to a place where members (especially the new people) are more likely to read it?

Thanks in advance for your time,
    Mini.