Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Numero Cuatro

Infanitestarburst
    Ok, I have a question. I know this probably isn't the right place for this, but it's driving me crazy and I don't know where to go. Does anyone know of a place I can go for a general fiction beta. I know that Perfect Imagination is for HP, but I need a beta for just a regular story that I'm working on. I finished the first chapter today and I really wanna have it look right and not be confusing or anything.

Can anyone help??

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    I thought I posted this a few days ago, but maybe not.

I'm having a somewhat strange issue at the moment. Whenever I click on WannaBeMrsRonWeasley's author page banner, it takes me to my own statistics page. Does this just happen for me, or is it something else?

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Infanitestarburst
    Ok, I have a question. I know this probably isn't the right place for this, but it's driving me crazy and I don't know where to go. Does anyone know of a place I can go for a general fiction beta. I know that Perfect Imagination is for HP, but I need a beta for just a regular story that I'm working on. I finished the first chapter today and I really wanna have it look right and not be confusing or anything.

Can anyone help??
    No sorry. This isn't the right place for it. Perhaps you can find a teacher or a school friend to help you instead =/

I thought I posted this a few days ago, but maybe not.

I'm having a somewhat strange issue at the moment. Whenever I click on WannaBeMrsRonWeasley's author page banner, it takes me to my own statistics page. Does this just happen for me, or is it something else?
    She probably put the statistics link on her banner instead of her author's page link. You could PM her and help her out.

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    I'll try that, but her signature says she may not be on the computer for the rest of the school year, and if that's true, I doubt she'll get a PM.

midnight_me

Recommend a Poem

I was wondering if we could have a thread for recommending poems in fiction junction. We used to have one on the old forums, and I found some of my favorite poems through it.

Dumbledore Prince
    Do moderators' fics have to go through the queue or do you (awesome) mods have automatic validation for all stories and chapters; regardless of the category?

Also, how do I post a poll? Is it a "moderator only" privilege?

GringottsVault711
    midnight_me, I'll poke the Fiction Junction mod about that

DP. Some mods go through queue, some don't. We have the option of being "validated" authors, because we trust each other to make sure our fics see betas and that our submissions meet standards before posting. Some mods choose this options, while other mods just feel more comfortable going through the queue.

And members cannot post polls. We removed that option when we switched boards because there was a lot of abuse of the poll system and unneccessary polls that discouraged actual discussion.

But, I would like to also add that the Question thread serves a purpose, and that is to help with problems or confusion. It would be preferred if questions were asked on a basis of need rather than of simple curiousity. If nothing other than to keep the thread as concise and easy to peruse as possible. Thank you!

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

I wanted to post in the 'House Cup' thread to congratulate the Gryffs, but it says I don't have certain privaledges. Do you know why this is?

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

GringottsVault711
    Hm, that is odd, because a member has posted in there already. I had another user kindly check, too, and she was also unable to post in that thread.

I'll look into it.

In the meantime, I'll start a new Questions thread, as this one has grown long.