Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Numero Cuatro

ChrissyOfGryffindor
    This may sound a bit odd, but I clicked on WannaBeMrsRonWeasley's author page banner, and it took me to my own statistics page. Help?

shadowgirl573

Help!

My account won't let me post on either beta ads or search. a little message says my account may have been deactivated. Why would that be? How can I find out if it is? And How can I fix it?

nikkiolapotter

Lost account

Hi!

I was an active member of the forums before, and then all of the sudden my account just disappeared! I don't know what happend. I was in Gryffindor, too. I recently re-registered, but is there a way to get my old account back?

Nicole

Siofra
    I was wondering if I had a fanfic that was on another website, could I have it on Mugglenet as well if it followed all of the site rules?

Thanks!

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Siofra
    I was wondering if I had a fanfic that was on another website, could I have it on Mugglenet as well if it followed all of the site rules?

Thanks!
    Sure! A lot of people have stories here that are also posted on other sites!

AshNight
    Is there any kind of way that you can check on past featured stories? I was gone for a week or two and missed a whole string of them.

7. 09-10-2006, 11:35 AM

Mind_Over_Matter
    I have a question regarding a story I am planning to submit to MNFF...
    So I should probably ask it, huh?

Okay, we all know there are a lot of crazy and/or extreme theories out there, most of which many fans would be hard-pressed to believe. Some make sense, some don't, but if you put them all together into a story, it's an interesting effect. So one day I had this idea to write the ridiculous theories I'd heard into one story.

Now I have most of the story written - it's humour, but it spins the theories and handles them all with so little subtlety, I'm sure it's not insulting to anyone. The problem is, however, I'm not sure if I should be acknowledging people or websites. The story combines some of the early first draft thoughts that JK Rowling has mentioned (the Grangers seeing an explosion out at sea the night the Potters were killed, for example) and some common rumours... like - Regulus Black being RAB, but in a ridiculous way, Hermione and Harry being siblings, but handled entirely differently and practically not being kept secret. Then there are factors, but what I'm worried about is the theories themselves.

Do I need to credit someone for the idea of Harry and Hermione being siblings? Do I need to mention/credit that the theory/idea that there really is no JK Rowling and that Harry Potter was written by a bunch of anonymous authors? (this is a 'quashed' theory on her website) Or the theory that somehow Voldemort is Harry's father (which I suspect is a fake theory O_O)? Things like that.

Sorry about rambling on, but I really didn't know how to say all of this more briefly. There are certainly more theories also, not just those, in the story.

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: And now, thank you in hind-sight!

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by AshNight
    Is there any kind of way that you can check on past featured stories? I was gone for a week or two and missed a whole string of them.
    http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/sear...ction=featured

That gives a whole list of past featured stories.

MindOverMatter - Widely known theories, such as the Harry/Hermione sibling one, don't need to be credited.

remus_rocks
    Help! My post count says I have posted a post (ahem) 18 times. That sounded very wrong, so I counted up all the posts I have done. I have posted 30 (actually, 31 after this post). So whats with the 18? It wont change.
    Thanks!

little_kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by remus_rocks
    Help! My post count says I have posted a post (ahem) 18 times. That sounded very wrong, so I counted up all the posts I have done. I have posted 30 (actually, 31 after this post). So whats with the 18? It wont change.
    Thanks!
    This question has been answered MULTIPLE times. Posts only count when you post in the Hospital Wing help forums. Posting in your common rooom, in the beta ad/request threads, etc. will not increase your post count.

Please, PLEASE just don't worry. Post counts are just a number; it's for fun. Remember, it's the quality of your posts that matter.

--Little Kitty