Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Numero Cuatro

Morwen
    My post count seems to keep going down, as I originally was at about 140, then went down to 132, and now am at 128. Do you know why this might be happening?

Sneaky_Rhae
    Morwen: When a thread that you have posted in is deleted your post count will go down. There has been a lot of deleting going on in the summer school lately so that probably has something to do with it.

Zacko: The mods are responsible for more things around here than just the challenges. I would like to remind you that patience is a virtue and that there may not be a challenge this month. There is no guarantee that there will be a challenge every month. As for the duelling club, the point is to improve your writing by answering questions from readers and to see how other people get ideas, write, and form plots.

Pheonix song
    Okay, my thing that tells how many posts I have is stuck, no matter how many I post it always says 5.

HELP

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix song
    Okay, my thing that tells how many posts I have is stuck, no matter how many I post it always says 5.

HELP
    This question has been answered in both the FAQ and this thread.

It depends on where you post. For example, forums such as the Beta Guild and your House forum do NOT show up in your post count.

Pheonix song
    Forgive me, but I think that I have about nine of the posts that are not from my house
    or the Beta guide.
    As long as the posts count for the skel-grow and room of requirement and such I should have a few more posts that are not showing up.

little_kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix song
    Forgive me, but I think that I have about nine of the posts that are not from my house
    or the Beta guide.
    As long as the posts count for the skel-grow and room of requirement and such I should have a few more posts that are not showing up.
    Please do not worry about your post count. It really doesn't matter what little number you have there. The rank titles are just for fun.

As far as your posting history goes, you have five posts that "count" towards your total post count. Maybe you did make more than five posts in the help forums, but if those threads have been removed/deleted, your post count will go down. Just worry about making sure that your posts are of good QUALITY. The number is just a number.

--Little Kitty

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    Amanda, I have checked your post history. Posts do not count in the ROR, Dean's Corner, or the Houses. They also do not count in this thread. By that review, you have posted five times in forums where points count.

Additionally, posts may be deleted for various reasons, such as old threads or if you responded to some of the irritating spam that has appeared in our forum.

Please do not worry about post counts. They are there only for entertainment. No one gets a prize for having the highest count. Remember - quality, not quanity.

EDIT: Apparently Little Kitty posted the same time I did. I agree 100%

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

Dude with a question
    Yo! What does it mean when a story on the main site has a little ribbon thingy in the summery? Thanks.

-Dude

shadowgirl573

Please Respond

I can't post in either beta ad sections. It says my account may have been disabled. Why would that be and how do I tell?
    Thanks,
    Dream

Unregistered
    Hello,

What the heck does it mean when a story on the main site has a ribbon on it?

Love, Dude