Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Numero Cuatro

Julybug

Not sure what to do...

Hi -
    I submitted my latest chapter (ch 13) with a request that Robin mod it. She was offline for a long time, though, and it sat for a couple weeks. Then it disappeared from the queue. I resubmitted without the request that she mod it, as I was told nobody knew when she'd be back online, and she never responded to my email or PM. It's been sitting for over a week. All told, it's been more than three weeks with no mod approval of my chapter, and it's sitting there, not approved, not rejected, and no rejection email came the first time. I hate to assume there's nothing wrong with it - my beta approved it and all that... but I hate to assume. If there's something wrong I'd gladly fix it, but I just don't know because I haven't been notified.

It took over a month to get the last chapter approved, due to accidental deletions from the queue and glitches in the system, and I fear it will be that long again. Needless to say, I'm a little frustrated, as I have all these chapters written. I appreciate having a specific mod, I don't think mine is back online, but I have no real idea because I still haven't heard from her. Can someone take a look at this for me?

MNFF Penname: Julybug
    Story Title: Harry Potter and Hope for the End
    Chapter Title: Ode to Hob Nobs
    Category: H/G/R/Hr

Thanks for everything you do,
    Julybug

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Julybug
    Hi -
    I submitted my latest chapter (ch 13) with a request that Robin mod it. She was offline for a long time, though, and it sat for a couple weeks. Then it disappeared from the queue. I resubmitted without the request that she mod it, as I was told nobody knew when she'd be back online, and she never responded to my email or PM. It's been sitting for over a week. All told, it's been more than three weeks with no mod approval of my chapter, and it's sitting there, not approved, not rejected, and no rejection email came the first time. I hate to assume there's nothing wrong with it - my beta approved it and all that... but I hate to assume. If there's something wrong I'd gladly fix it, but I just don't know because I haven't been notified.

It took over a month to get the last chapter approved, due to accidental deletions from the queue and glitches in the system, and I fear it will be that long again. Needless to say, I'm a little frustrated, as I have all these chapters written. I appreciate having a specific mod, I don't think mine is back online, but I have no real idea because I still haven't heard from her. Can someone take a look at this for me?

MNFF Penname: Julybug
    Story Title: Harry Potter and Hope for the End
    Chapter Title: Ode to Hob Nobs
    Category: H/G/R/Hr

Thanks for everything you do,
    Julybug
    I've looked into it and have sent you a PM

Hope everything works out now.

AurorGirl101

Hacking

Due to the recent hacking on the MNFF main site, should we hold off on submitting, or should we continue on like normal? Thanks very much in advance!!!

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by AurorGirl101
    Due to the recent hacking on the MNFF main site, should we hold off on submitting, or should we continue on like normal? Thanks very much in advance!!!
    You can continue normally unless the site shuts down for some recoding problems etc. Please read the front page of MNFF for more details.

Sam
    How do you get sorted? I've looked everywhere but can't seem to find out how....

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    How do you get sorted? I've looked everywhere but can't seem to find out how....
    PM AlexisTaylor or pianosong81 and ask politely for a test

Gonz
    Sorry to bug you mods at such crazy time, but I recently submitted Ch. 2 of my fic Searching for Hope earlier in the week. When you made the announcement about the queue closing I checked to see that my chapter was still in there. I discovered that not only was Chapter 2 in the queue but so was Chapter 1, which had been valiadated back in May. The reason I'm worried is I know having more than one chapter in the queue is a cause for rejection. If anyone could help me that would be great. Or if I need to wait til after the mess with the hacker is sorted out that's great, too. Thanks for everything!

MNFF Penname: Gonz
    Story Title: Searching for Hope
    Chapter Title: Chapter 1: Saying Goodbye, Chapter 2: Everyone's Worst Fear
    Category: Dark/Angst

mind_drifter

Search Engine on site

I'm new here so I apologize if the question I'm about to ask is just plainly stupid. I'm not even sure if it's supposed to be posted here.

It's about the MNFF site, not the forum. When I use the advanced seach engine, there's no drop-down menu for characters, so I can't select any characters at all to search for in stories. I don't know if it's normal or if it's just me.

Again, sorry if this was already asked or something, I've searched through the forums for about half an hour now and couldn't seem to find it.

Thank you very much!

Vindictus Viridian
    Gonz -- I'm sorry, but you'll have to delete the story and resubmit it. I'll keep an eye out for it and put it through quickly, since it's already been validated once. Save those reviews! At least this happened on the first chapter and not the tenth.

mind_drifter, that option was never enabled on this site. Your summary can take care of advertising who your main characters are; that's what everyone looks at anyway.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

About the queue-- should we remove stories that are currently in there, or wait for it to be accepted/rejected?

EDIT: Thanks so much, Lex!

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].