Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Numero Cuatro

rita_skeeter
    Quote Originally Posted by ms weasley
    I have read through the submission guidelines on the main site, but I wasn't entirely sure about one thing. I have a prologue written for a chaptered fic that I'm hoping to start posting soon. What is the minimum word-count it needs for me to be able to submit it?
    Prologues should be minimum 500 words. Normal chapters should be minimum 800 words.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hi,
    I'm just curious how the featured stories are chosen on the main site, and how often they change. It's a neat feature.
    Also, what is the definition of dark/angsty? I need to move a challenge submission and although I could just move it to general, I'd like to know more about the dark/angsty category first.
    That's all for now - thanks so much!
    ~Gina

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmariam
    Hi,
    I'm just curious how the featured stories are chosen on the main site, and how often they change. It's a neat feature.
    Also, what is the definition of dark/angsty? I need to move a challenge submission and although I could just move it to general, I'd like to know more about the dark/angsty category first.
    That's all for now - thanks so much!
    ~Gina
    They change every week and they're picked by individual mods. We take turns in featuring two stories and one mod story.

Dark/Angsty usually, but not always, involves character death. It has a general theme of well...darkness. Some are a bit dreary that involve and describe emotions that are dark.

nikkiolapotter

I love Severus Snape

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew what happened to Steph? She was so sweet and caring, and then I heard that she passed away.

R.I.P. Steph! We love you!

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkiolapotter
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew what happened to Steph? She was so sweet and caring, and then I heard that she passed away.

R.I.P. Steph! We love you!
    Yes, she passed away. However, these are real-life personal issues that should be treated with respect. I don't think it's a good idea to post it all over the forums.

She will be sorely missed.

Fly to Dawn
    Is a new Mod/Author chat being planned?

Thank you in advance

Dumbledore Prince
    Do featured stories have to be recently updated, or are they selected regardless of the date of validation or last update?

Thanks in advance.

GringottsVault711
    Feature stories are selected weekly by individual mods. The only requirement is that they be rated 6th-7th years or under. How recently they have or have not been updated does not matter, however a mod is more likely to pick a story they've read recently [whether that means it was posted recently or not]

In regards to Steph, I asked all the Slytherins, and am now asking all those others who knew her, to please be respectful to her memory. This is not a time to ease our curiousities, and at risk of sounding cheesy -- this is a time to remember he life, not her death.

Also, I do not want to raise any dark suspicions. She died of heart failure, but I hope you can all be content with that and realise that this is the final word on that particular matter.

Atrain Volecuz
    I've read somewhere that almost all validations are done in seven days. I've waited more than a week and I was just wondering when my story would be validated or sent back to me with things I need to fix. Any answers would help, I know the process must be long because there are so many people submitting, and I'm wondering how backed up it is, or whatever the problem may be.

Thanks again for any answers.

GringottsVault711
    In the ideal system, fics are validated within 7 days. However, quite a few fics aren't, especially depending on their category. There are constant instances of stories taking more than that to be validated, and in that instance, backed up categories are given high-priority and dealt with ASAP. SO, there's nothing unusual going on.

Check on your Account Info, for the status of your story. Make sure it is still in the queue. It may have been validated or rejected and the email just didn't quite get to you [that happens often, unfortunately.] If it is still in queue, try looking in the FAQ for the Moderator in charge of that category. You can PM them, though the most they can really do is inform you that it's still in queue and their working on it. In some instances, if you give us your penname, story/chapter title and category, we can at least tell you how far in queue you are.