Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Numero Cuatro

Sneaky_Rhae

Ask a Moderator: Thread Numero Cuatro

Please view our Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked.

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

Periwinkle
    I've noticed that post counts have jumped randomly, as much as 120+ posts. Although this hasn't happened to me, I've seen it happening to others. Is there a way to fix this or is it just a temporary glitch?

WannaBeMrsRonWeasley
    I've searched the faqs for an answer to this question, but I havn't been very successful at finding an answer.

Are you allowed to have more than one person beta your story? What I mean is, if one person specializes in grammar and the other in dialogue, is it okay to have both of them go over your story? Thank you so much for you help.

little_kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle
    I've noticed that post counts have jumped randomly, as much as 120+ posts. Although this hasn't happened to me, I've seen it happening to others. Is there a way to fix this or is it just a temporary glitch?
    I am not 100% sure, but maybe it's a glitch. I have seen the numbers fluctuate, but I don't think there's anything you can really do make the number go down if it has been inflated. At any rate, please don't worry, as we all know that the little post count number really isn't that important. It's just that - a number.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeMrsRonWeasley
    I've searched the faqs for an answer to this question, but I havn't been very successful at finding an answer.

Are you allowed to have more than one person beta your story? What I mean is, if one person specializes in grammar and the other in dialogue, is it okay to have both of them go over your story? Thank you so much for you help.
    Yes, it is perfectly fine to have more than one beta to look over your story. Many authors actually have several betas.

Hope that helps.

--Little Kitty

WannaBeMrsRonWeasley
    Thank you so much for your help Little_Kitty.

Britanee

nysuperstarz
    I have a question, whats Team Groovey Gryfindor Tubducks, Team Sensational, Spirited, Top-Toaster Super Squad and Team Twinkling, Talkative, Talented Toasters? Its in my CP but I never heard anything about it on the forums besides the ocasional banner...

little_kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by nysuperstarz
    I have a question, whats Team Groovey Gryfindor Tubducks, Team Sensational, Spirited, Top-Toaster Super Squad and Team Twinkling, Talkative, Talented Toasters? Its in my CP but I never heard anything about it on the forums besides the ocasional banner...
    Nysuperstarz, those are teams for an in-house activity that Gryffindor is holding right now. Don't worry about them.

--Little Kitty

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by nysuperstarz
    lol that's a secret challenge fun forum/usergroup in the Gryffindor House. A few Gryffindors split up in three teams and each team was given a secret plot and some guidelines to follow. The team is then supposed to use that to write a story as a group.

So you can't join the usergroup unless you're a Gryffindor

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

The post count fluctuates when a thread is moved from a non-House point earning forum to one that does.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

ms weasley
    I have read through the submission guidelines on the main site, but I wasn't entirely sure about one thing. I have a prologue written for a chaptered fic that I'm hoping to start posting soon. What is the minimum word-count it needs for me to be able to submit it?

Thanks.

EDIT: Thank you, rita_skeeter! That's great.