Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 162

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Numero Cuatro

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Sneaky_Rhae
    Guest

    Ask a Moderator: Thread Numero Cuatro

    Please view our Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked.

    [The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

    Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

  2. #2
    Periwinkle
    Guest
    I've noticed that post counts have jumped randomly, as much as 120+ posts. Although this hasn't happened to me, I've seen it happening to others. Is there a way to fix this or is it just a temporary glitch?

  3. #3
    WannaBeMrsRonWeasley
    Guest
    I've searched the faqs for an answer to this question, but I havn't been very successful at finding an answer.

    Are you allowed to have more than one person beta your story? What I mean is, if one person specializes in grammar and the other in dialogue, is it okay to have both of them go over your story? Thank you so much for you help.

  4. #4
    little_kitty
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle
    I've noticed that post counts have jumped randomly, as much as 120+ posts. Although this hasn't happened to me, I've seen it happening to others. Is there a way to fix this or is it just a temporary glitch?
    I am not 100% sure, but maybe it's a glitch. I have seen the numbers fluctuate, but I don't think there's anything you can really do make the number go down if it has been inflated. At any rate, please don't worry, as we all know that the little post count number really isn't that important. It's just that - a number.

    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeMrsRonWeasley
    I've searched the faqs for an answer to this question, but I havn't been very successful at finding an answer.

    Are you allowed to have more than one person beta your story? What I mean is, if one person specializes in grammar and the other in dialogue, is it okay to have both of them go over your story? Thank you so much for you help.
    Yes, it is perfectly fine to have more than one beta to look over your story. Many authors actually have several betas.

    Hope that helps.

    --Little Kitty

  5. #5
    WannaBeMrsRonWeasley
    Guest
    Thank you so much for your help Little_Kitty.

    Britanee

  6. #6
    nysuperstarz
    Guest
    I have a question, whats Team Groovey Gryfindor Tubducks, Team Sensational, Spirited, Top-Toaster Super Squad and Team Twinkling, Talkative, Talented Toasters? Its in my CP but I never heard anything about it on the forums besides the ocasional banner...

  7. #7
    Julybug
    Guest

    Not sure what to do...

    Hi -
    I submitted my latest chapter (ch 13) with a request that Robin mod it. She was offline for a long time, though, and it sat for a couple weeks. Then it disappeared from the queue. I resubmitted without the request that she mod it, as I was told nobody knew when she'd be back online, and she never responded to my email or PM. It's been sitting for over a week. All told, it's been more than three weeks with no mod approval of my chapter, and it's sitting there, not approved, not rejected, and no rejection email came the first time. I hate to assume there's nothing wrong with it - my beta approved it and all that... but I hate to assume. If there's something wrong I'd gladly fix it, but I just don't know because I haven't been notified.

    It took over a month to get the last chapter approved, due to accidental deletions from the queue and glitches in the system, and I fear it will be that long again. Needless to say, I'm a little frustrated, as I have all these chapters written. I appreciate having a specific mod, I don't think mine is back online, but I have no real idea because I still haven't heard from her. Can someone take a look at this for me?

    MNFF Penname: Julybug
    Story Title: Harry Potter and Hope for the End
    Chapter Title: Ode to Hob Nobs
    Category: H/G/R/Hr

    Thanks for everything you do,
    Julybug

  8. #8
    Marauder by Midnight
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Julybug
    Hi -
    I submitted my latest chapter (ch 13) with a request that Robin mod it. She was offline for a long time, though, and it sat for a couple weeks. Then it disappeared from the queue. I resubmitted without the request that she mod it, as I was told nobody knew when she'd be back online, and she never responded to my email or PM. It's been sitting for over a week. All told, it's been more than three weeks with no mod approval of my chapter, and it's sitting there, not approved, not rejected, and no rejection email came the first time. I hate to assume there's nothing wrong with it - my beta approved it and all that... but I hate to assume. If there's something wrong I'd gladly fix it, but I just don't know because I haven't been notified.

    It took over a month to get the last chapter approved, due to accidental deletions from the queue and glitches in the system, and I fear it will be that long again. Needless to say, I'm a little frustrated, as I have all these chapters written. I appreciate having a specific mod, I don't think mine is back online, but I have no real idea because I still haven't heard from her. Can someone take a look at this for me?

    MNFF Penname: Julybug
    Story Title: Harry Potter and Hope for the End
    Chapter Title: Ode to Hob Nobs
    Category: H/G/R/Hr

    Thanks for everything you do,
    Julybug
    I've looked into it and have sent you a PM

    Hope everything works out now.

  9. #9
    AurorGirl101
    Guest

    Hacking

    Due to the recent hacking on the MNFF main site, should we hold off on submitting, or should we continue on like normal? Thanks very much in advance!!!

  10. #10
    Marauder by Midnight
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AurorGirl101
    Due to the recent hacking on the MNFF main site, should we hold off on submitting, or should we continue on like normal? Thanks very much in advance!!!
    You can continue normally unless the site shuts down for some recoding problems etc. Please read the front page of MNFF for more details.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •