Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Twelve Days of Christmas - 2008

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Title: Shrivelled
    Warnings: Insanity, violence.
    Rating: Eh... probably 3rd-5th years.
    Word Count: 100

When the Aurors burst into the Longbottoms’ living room, it seemed at first as though nothing was amiss. In fact, the atmosphere was quite cheery – flickering candlelight illuminated Christmas stockings, wreaths of holly and even a somnolent Christmas tree. But slightly closer inspection revealed that it was not presents that lay at its base. As his fellows hauled the shrieking Bellatrix Lestrange away, Alastor Moody made the mistake of glancing at his Order fellow Alice. She gazed right through him, gibbering madly, tears devouring her face.

And the mistletoe in her hair, he noticed with a sickening heart, was shrivelled.
    So... Merry Christmas! >.<
    ~Phia

Ebil One Word Count: 100

(Avvie and banner by me, quote from Fancy, by John Keats)

Hermoine Jean Granger
    Title: The Lost Diadem
    Word Count: 100 according to MS Word.
    A/N: According to this website, wreaths were called diadems earlier.

Helena looked at the reflection in the pond, and sighed. A wreath of diamonds and pearls adorned her forehead, and her young, worried face looked back at her from within the depths of the pond. It was the ornament on her head which was most worrisome.

She remembered the night she stole it from her mother, Rowena, and escaped. Her mother’s face, filled with disbelief and confusion, created a memory which would be etched in her mind for ever.

She sat by the pond, trying to decide her next move, when she heard a rustle of leaves. Her heartbeat quickened.

cirelondiel
    Title: Untitled
    Warnings: None
    Rating: 1st-2nd years
    Word Count: 100 according to MS Word

Victoire appeared on the Potter’s sheltered porch and smiled at the sight of the festive wreath on the door. While Fleur opted for an elegant gold theme each Christmas, Aunt Ginny preferred bright colours. The dark green wreath held ornaments in pink, blue, green, orange, purple, red. Although Fleur would no doubt sniff at Ginny’s colour choices, Victoire was impressed that the bright colours still looked tasteful.

She had only moments to think all this, because upon hearing the crack on the porch, half-a-dozen Weasley children rushed to the door and flung it open, and Victoire was engulfed in hugs.
    -- Chelsea

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Snape Hates Me

Title: A Christmas from White to Black
    Warnings: None as yet
    Rating: 1st - 3rd years (right now)

I am stringing all my prompts together

The door swung open immediately. A girl stood in the frame, her soft brown hair billowing over her shoulders, her wide eyes reflecting utter shock. Whatever she had expected when she opened the door it was not him. Ted let out his breath, prepared for the worst, he was relived it was Andromeda who had opened the door.

She on the other hand, was furious, “What on earth are you doing here? I told you to leave me alone!”

“So sweeping you into a kiss would be a bad idea then? It’s a good thing your family doesn’t like mistletoe.”
    Write--Poem--Twitter

A Different View On Love Now Complete!
    Banner by amazing minnabird

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Current points - Click Here

If you didn't submit an entry for Day 1 - it is now too late. Each prompt is only open for 24 hours. =]

Good luck with the remaining eleven days.
    ~Ebil One

Points will be posted at the end of the Twelve Days Challenge - Jan. 7th.

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Current Points: Click Here

Remember you don't have to participate in every single prompt. But if you do, keep an eye on the deadlines. Because the Ebil One has a 'real' job - the deadlines will change to more 'normal' times instead of midnight and so forth.

~Ebil One

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

impervius raincoat
    Title: A Holiday Surprise
    Warnings: None
    Rating: 1st-3rd years

If James was expecting a surprise this Christmas, it wasn’t this. He never thought he’d find Lily Evans sitting on his bed with a mischievous smile on her face, mistletoe hanging from every available surface in the room. She smiles up at him, and James feels his heart leap in his chest. It’s a little excessive, he thinks, but she gets her point across clearly.

“You trying to tell me something here, Evans?” he asks playfully.

“What do you think?” she says, almost a whisper. Then she stands up, closes her eyes and presses a soft kiss to James’ mouth.
    --Melanie

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Title: Nargles
    Warnings: None (but it's a bit odd)
    Word Count: 100 according to MS word.
    Authors Note: This is a continuation of the yesterday's drabble. It might help to read them in order, but then again...it might not. ;-)

“Err, Mum,” George said hesitantly. “What are you talking about?”

“Nargles, George,” she replied. “Luna was telling me all about them over Christmas lunch yesterday. Normally, they live in mistletoe...so we dealt with that.” She pointed to the corner of the room. George could see the crushed remains of all the mistletoe she’d lovingly festooned the house with.

He was starting to get worried. This wasn’t his mum, even after too many meads, she was never this crazed.

“Dad,” he called as he edged towards the door. “You’re needed here – NOW!”

Arthur appeared, dressed in a pink, fluffy cat suit.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Title: Mistletoe
    Warnings: None.
    A/N: I'm treating this as a mini-gauntlet. It doesn't make much sense at the moment, but I'll develop the whole lot once I've done all the prompts

‘Boring?’ she asked.

‘Yeah; I had the day off, no work to catch up on, and your mum was out. I call that boring,’ Harry responded with a cheeky grin.

Lily rolled her eyes and strolled through the front door. Harry followed and closed it quietly behind him.

‘It’s Santa’s Grotto in here.’ Lily looked up at the sprig of mistletoe above the front door. ‘I hope I’m not around when mum comes in.’

Ginny jogged through the door carrying her broomstick. ‘Sorry, loves,’ she said to her three children. ‘I was out play…’

Kissing her, Harry cut her off.

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Title: The Christmas Kiss
    Warnings: none
    Rating:1st-2nd year
    Word Count:100 words (by MSWord)

Lily stood in the doorway of the sitting room watching her family. Harry was propped against pillows between James and Sirius. Remus and Peter were sitting on the couch watching as Harry laughed at the antics of the other two Marauders.

When Sirius looked up and smiled devilishly at her, she couldn’t help but smile back. She watched as he stood and walked over to her. He bent down, wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.

“Sirius!” James exclaimed. “Let go of my wife!”

Sirius smiled as he lifted his head. Pointing up, he said, “Mistletoe, mate. Couldn’t resist.”
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House