Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Twelve Days of Christmas - 2008

bellaoc
    Title: Family Caroling
    Warnings: None
    Rating: 1st - 2nd years
    Word Count: 100

Harry smiled at the sight of his wife Ginny, curled up in a chair by the fire. He walked behind her and stroked her hair softly, smiling as her eyes fluttered open.

“Ginny honey,” Harry whispered. “The kids have a surprise for you.”

Ginny sat up and rubbed her eyes.

“A surprise?” She replied, standing up and kissing Harry on the cheek.

He nodded towards the door as James, Albus and Lily walked in, all bundled up in their snow clothes.

Lily ran towards her mother, jumping in her arms as she exclaimed, “Daddy said we could go caroling, Mummy!”

pheonixflame
    Title: Silent Night

Lily sat comfortably in the warmth of the glowing church, listening to the organs beginning to play a slow tune. The church choir softly began to sing at the altar.

“Silent night, holy night,
    All is calm, all is bright…”

She reached for James’ hand and intertwined her fingers in his. James pulled her hand to his lips and kissed it gently.

“Our first Christmas, Lily.”

She smiled at him and pulled Harry in closer against her breast. She took in the scent of her baby boy’s hair, closing her eyes in the warmth and joy whilst kissing his head.

padfoot_returns
    Title: Carols
    Rating: 1st - 2nd

And here comes another random drabble...

“’Tis the season to be jolly! Fra la la la la la la la!” Lily sang as she twirled into the room, the tinsels she had wrapped around her shoulders and neck twirled with her.

James looked up at her. “Please refrain from singing. My ears hurt,” he said with a smile.

Lily chuckled and hit him playfully on his shoulder. “You know you love my voice.”

“Where did you get that idea from?”

“Because you told me only about a million times.”

James sighed. “You’re right. I do love it.”

Lily smiled. “Carols are the best part of Christmas.”
    xxRiham

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Snape Hates Me

Title: A Christmas from White to Black

Ted’s face cracked into a grin. “I love you,” he murmured before sweeping her into a kiss. Together they turned to the sea of shocked and angered faces.

“I’ll see you around… well actually, I probably won’t,” Andromeda said with a smile. Wrapping her arm around Ted’s waist, they made their way to the exit.

“Nice meeting you,” Ted called over his shoulder, chuckling.

Making their way onto the street, Ted could here some Muggles singing, ‘We Wish You a Merry Christmas.’ Wrapping his arms around Andromeda, he kissed her again as the snow fell.

Christmas couldn’t get any merrier.
    Write--Poem--Twitter

A Different View On Love Now Complete!
    Banner by amazing minnabird

Azhure
    Title: Tradition
    “Why do we have to do this, Hermione? It’s pointless,” complained Harry as they moved on to the next house. “No one wants to hear us singing carols.”

“It’s a Muggle tradition,” stated Hermione. “You should know that... and Ron doesn’t seem to mind.” She gestured towards Ron, who was already halfway down the next driveway, book of carols in hand.

“That’s only because he’s fascinated by Muggles. He just wants to get to see the inside of their house. Besides, why are we doing this in the first place? We’ve never done it before...”

Hermione sighed frustratingly. “It’s tradition.”
    Yep, it's a random ending!

Rhi for HP
    Title: The Only Thing
    Rating: 1st-2nd Years
    Word Count: One-oh-oh *100*

Severus could not stand Christmas. Little children smiled at him beatifically and then blanched when they received no answering warmth from the man. Garlands of holly and lights hung everyone. Everyone expected to be jolly good all the time, wishing “happy Christmas” to people they hated. You were expected to be cheery. The holiday forced itself on you, and it embittered itself to him. The only thing—and he would never admit it to anyone, least of all himself—that he secretly enjoyed were the carolers. He knew he shouldn’t, but he couldn’t help but sigh softly to hear them.

moonys-muggle
    Title God Rest Ye Merry Hippogriffs
    Warnings HBP Disregarded
    Rating 1st-2nd Years
    Word Count 100

The memory came over him so quickly it knocked the breath out of him. The familiar tune of God Rest Ye Merry Hippogriffs provided a painful reminder of the person who Harry would never hear sing the carol again. It was the first Christmas since Sirius had died and Harry was trying so hard to act normally. He couldn’t stand it another moment. He grabbed his invisibility cloak and rushed out the portrait hole, straight toward the room that he knew housed the Mirror of Erised. Harry was sure that he would see a third person in the mirror tonight.

Vous parlez français? Slytherin
    Filch is a Squib!
    Title: A Different Christmas
    Rating: 1st-2nd Years

Molly opened the door and voices echoed in the house. Carollers were standing at the door, singing joyfully. Molly stared at them in wonder; there were exactly nine people outside; two adults and seven children. The adults were watching their children proudly and she immediately knew from the look on their faces that even if they were many, they were happy to have each other, just like the Weasley family. Soon, for Christmas, her own children would be here to celebrate with her. It would be very different without Fred, but at least, the rest of her family was safe.

Banner by bittersweet_lullaby! Let's go back in time!

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Current Points: Click Here

XD
    Lots of participation! Just lovely!

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Current Points: Click Here

And so ends the Twelve Days of Christmas challenge! -huggles-
    I'm so happy that there was so many participants!
    9 Hufflepuffs, 14 Ravenclaws, 13 Slytherins, and 6 Gryffindors for a grand total of 42 drabblers!
    0__o
    I'm so impressed!
    Most astounding is that 9 of you completed ALL twelve prompts! Woot! Go you! I hope you guys liked the challenge - by the participation it appears you did - therefore, look for another 100 word/one-word prompt challenge in the future. XD

Final Points: Click Here

Points will be posted shortly.

-huggles-
    ~Ebil One

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!