Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Short Tear-Jerker Fics

RedChequeredConverse
    With Roses In My Hand
    and
    P.S. I Love You, both by annie.

P.S. is the sweetest, most amazing fan fic. *loves*

ginnygirl16
    Okay, so I shall give you a link later when I get on my home computer, but for now I'll just give you a well known and very recent one:

Visits from Fred by: Mudbloodproud

This is a series of one shots that left me teary eyed. Mudbloodproud is a great writer and you may enjoy some of her other fics aswell.

Not sure if this will qualify but my latest story

HarryPotter: the Following Year has a chapter in it about Fred's Funeral, which many people have told me, made them cry. I don't find it to 'tear jerking' myself, but maybe that is just because I wrote it >.>

Anyways, there are quite a few more of them. I shall have to take a peak at my favorites. I shall edit later.

--ginnygirl16

twilightHPgirl18
    Hi,

I've read one called Faith [In The Hands of a Child] by Seren. I liked it, but not everyone will. It has as the summary says, 'graphic self-mutilation-but for a very good cause'. It's definitely very sad, and I would have cried at it, had I cried for stories.

I'd also recommend Alone by Beauty in the Breakdown.

Amanda by Purplemage (I don't have a link though ) is also very good, but it's a Sirius/Remus fic. If you don't like slash stories, I'd stay away.

{BeccA}

Amortentia x
    I know I shouldn't, but I'm going to anyway

*WARNING - BLATANT SELF-ADVERTISING*

Oblivion, I've been told, is very sad but I don't know if anyone's actually cried while reading it. But hey, you could be the first

*WARNING - BLATANT SELF-ADVERTISING OVER*

Emma x

kiley
    If you like Lupin and Tonks (whose history tends to be sad anyway), I've written a couple of pretty weepy one-shots:

The Darkness: http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/view...7938&chapter=1

and

The Sacrifice: http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/view...2944&chapter=1

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Claire,
    If you are still looking for one-shot tear-jerkers, I do have two for you that I wrote, the second just posted in the last week.

The Decision This is the story of Tonks' decision to follow Remus to Hogwarts for the battle.

A Broken Heart Stops This is a companion one-shot to The Unknown Heir and also to Love Beyond Forever.

The Decision makes me cry everytime I read it and I wrote it.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Filch is a Squib!
    Good thread *Needs to cry too*

Firewhisky By Sheridan

That made me cry so much, and being a crazed Ginny/Draco shipper, I loved it even more.

Russia xxxxx
    I'm dreaming the hardest.

Thank you Nadia/majestic_ginny! <3
    Being FEARLESS isn't about not having fears, it's about living in spite of them.

Beauty_In_The_Breakdown
    I also will join the shameless and blatant self-promoting club.

Beauty From Pain is a one shot I wrote a while ago and quite a few reviewers have said that it brought them to tears, so I guess if you're looking for a good cry, that's the one for you

/self-advertising

Oh, and Becca, I am so flattered that you recommended Alone

MorganRay

Go read this

Oread, Walking is a really fantastic fic. The way it's written makes just moves you; you want to read the fic outloud, and it is, now an audio fic if you care to listen to it, too. (I might go do this, actually.) This fic literally took my breath away. I don't think I've said that about a fic in a long, long time.

P.S. Go listen to this fic. It's made to be read out loud.

Sagen
    Oh no!
    SELF-ADVERTISING ALERT!

Daddy's Little Girl by me.

Peace,
    Gen.