Thread: Louis Weasley

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class

Louis Weasley

To complete the set for Bill's children, here's a thread for Louis Weasley!

Now, for some questions to ponder...

How old do you think Louis is, as the time of the Epilogue? In what year was he born?

What do you think Louis looks like?

Personally, I like to think that Louis inherited all of Fleur's Veela traits, so he looks like a Veela with silvery hair and such, but just male! Let's face it. There HAS to be male Veelas even if they've never been mentioned, because pure Veelas would have just died out otherwise (unless they just spontaneously generate). But I digress...

What do you think his personality would be like? What influence would being Bill and Fleur's only male child have on him?

What house do you think Louis was sorted in?

Do you think Louis would speak French?

That's all the questions I could think of. Cheerio!

Tim the Enchanter

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    How old do you think Louis is, as the time of the Epilogue? In what year was he born?
    I'm thinking third or fifth year, but I don't know why. I'm fairly sure he's older than the trio's children.

I agree that he's probably inherited some of Fleur's features, but he's also a Weasley, don't forget. I'm imagining a boy with a very nice figure, inviting face and strawberry blond hair. And regenerating Veelas? Hmm... I think it's possible

What do you think his personality would be like? What influence would being Bill and Fleur's only male child have on him?
    I think fun, but serious. Hard-working, but laid back. I'm not sure. And being the only male child... maybe he'd be more independant. Again, I'm not sure.

I imagine Fleur as a Ravenclaw for some reason, and I think he would be too. I invisage him being quite similar to his mother.

I think he'd know bits, but wouldn't be partically fluent as he would have other things he'd rather pursue. Fleur would've been very enthusiastic about her children learning the language, I think.

Inverarity
    Victoire is born in 2000 or 2001. Since there is one child between them, Louis could be born anywhere from 2 to 10 years after that. (He could be born even later, but that would be a little unusual, unless Bill and Fleur decide to have one more child who's much younger than their other two. I tend to think, though, that he was the result of them both wanting to try one more time for a son.)

Keep in mind we don't know how strong Veela heritage is, but Fleur, while beautiful, wasn't knocking men silly the way a full-blooded Veela does. Her children will be only one-eighth Veela. That will probably give them a certain amount of charm and natural good looks, but they're not going to be supernaturally attractive. Nor do they all have to have silvery hair. However, whether you give Louis silvery Veela hair or reddish Weasley hair, it will kind of be a cliche either way, won't it?

(Btw, it is possible that there aren't any male Veelas -- that Veelas can only reproduce with humans.)

Depends on how spoiled he is. Fleur seems like the type to be firm and demanding, but doting at the same time. I also think with such a strong-willed mother, and two older sisters who are probably used to wrapping men (including their father) around their fingers, Louis will either wind up being rather soft-spoken and timid, or else he'll go the other way and be very assertive, and prone to assuming that he has to fight for attention, or to get what he wants.

Really, I could come up with a reasonable justification for any of them.

Gryffindor: His parents are both brave war heroes. Bill was a Gryffindor himself, and he's a curse-breaker, and Fleur was a Triwizard champion! So Louis has grown up with heroics being just what's expected of you.

Hufflepuff: He has that domineering mother and two older sisters. He's probably had to learn a lot about getting along with others, and maybe he's had the sharper edges of his personality worn down a bit. Hufflepuff might be a surprise to his family, but he could easily be a gentler, mellower child than most Weasleys.

Ravenclaw: Fleur probably would have fit in well with Ravenclaw. Perhaps Louis decides that he's never going to stand out, compared to his parents and his older sisters, so he becomes studious and intellectual instead.

Slytherin: Having two older sisters who are used to getting everything they want, and who tend to boss their little brother around, Louis becomes very adept at manipulating his parents and outmaneuvering his sisters, and at the same time, develops a burning desire to outshine them.

I think all of Fleur's children will learn some French, but none will be fully fluent. As the last child to come along, Louis is likely to absorb the least, unless he has that Ravenclaw nature I mentioned above, and actually takes an interest in it.

weasleywannabe47
    I'd say 12 or 13.
    Red hair, blue eyes, and glasses. He has to have glasses!!

I think he'd be easygoing, kind, and understand girls

Hufflepuff

Yes

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Keep in mind we don't know how strong Veela heritage is, but Fleur, while beautiful, wasn't knocking men silly the way a full-blooded Veela does. Her children will be only one-eighth Veela. That will probably give them a certain amount of charm and natural good looks, but they're not going to be supernaturally attractive.
    It does offer an interesting point. We don't really know if veela traits are capible of being passed down to male children. After all, it is Fleur, her mother, and her sister who are part veela. Maybe veelas can only have female children. Fleur's grandmother having Apolline might have been a fluke. We don't know how or if veela's reproduce.

Maybe they bud like Spongebob.

It could also be possible that Fleur giving birth to a male child was quite extraordinary and only happened because her veela blood was already so deluded.

I can almost see Louis recieving none of the veela traits. His sisters both having blonde hair and veela charms while he is just the sterotypical Weasley with red hair and freckles.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

cirelondiel
    Age: I imagine Fleur would have her children neatly spaced, all two or three years apart. So Louis would be about the same age as the older Potters and Weasleys - perhaps second or third year.

Looks and Veela-ness:
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverarity
    (Btw, it is possible that there aren't any male Veelas -- that Veelas can only reproduce with humans.)
    That's how I tend to imagine it, and if I was going to specify in a fic how it worked, that's what I'd say. BUT I don't think that means that traits can't be passed on to males: Louis wouldn't have the magical aspect of Veela charms (which would be very diluted in his sisters anyway), but I don't see why he couldn't have silvery hair.

On speaking French: I wrote quite a bit on this in the Victoire thread. Basically, I think Fleur would encourage her children to learn it, but they would not be anywhere near fluent without a lot of exposure - ie. if they were given lessons, lived in France for a while, or made a dedicated effort.

-- Chelsea

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Perhaps true Veela-ness can only be passed down from mother to daughter. Like, if Fleur's grandmother had had a daughter, the daughter would've been a Veela, but since (I think someone said this anyway) she had a son, the true Veela-ness ended there. However, her granddaughter (being a girl) inherited a few Veela traits but wasn't actually a Veela (being the daughter of a Veela's son).

Hope that made sense...

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    I know this is kind of an old topic, but I really want to develop my vision of the next generation as I am working on a very long story about them.

In my story, he is about thirteen at the time of Epilogue, the same as James and Fred. I love the idea of these three being best friends and, of course, causing a little bit of trouble. Also, I made his birthday August 22, 2003.

I imagine him as being blonde, but his hair would be more golden than silver. He also would have his father's thick hair that is normally disheveled unless he pulls it back. Note that his hair is no where near as long as Bill's, but it is still grown out enough to put into a very, very tiny ponytail. His eyes are the same brown his Bill's. He also is very tall, a little over six foot, and is rather thinly built. Although he's not super skinny, he doesn't have the same sturdiness that some of his cousins do.

As expected, Louis is quite the charmer, but he didn't gain any of the athletic spirit from either of his parents. He is very book-smart, though he does lack some common sense when he isn't concentrating. He is a bit of a stickler for the rules, though not as much as Percy; he prefers not to break them but doesn't really mind bending them to some extent as long as he isn't risking too much. He prefers to keep it safe. While he isn't spineless, he prefers to follow rather than lead.

Although he hangs around with rough-housing James and Fred, he has always been more of an intellectual than a physical being. He did make it into Gryffindor, though, because he wants to keep his family and friends safe from everything no matter the cost to himself and forgets all about safety and caution when a loved one is in danger or hurt.

Like I stated above, he'd be a Gryffindor for two reasons. One: he is brave even if he doesn't take chances. And two: he wouldn't want to be separated from James and Fred who were both sorted into Gryffindor right before himself.

Actually, I kind of do. Being really intellectual, I think Louis would have a real interest in learning another language and French just makes the most sense. While I don't think Fleur would have necessarily taught him, he would have picked up enough from her to get a sense of the language, but would ultimately teach himself. I wouldn't call him fluent, at least not while he's young, but I do see him as maybe spending some time in France and becoming fluent later in life.