Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snape contacting the Order.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

Snape contacting the Order.

I need a bit of help.

How do you think Snape contacted members of the Order in OOTP? I'm thinking specifically
    about him checking that Sirius wasn't at The Ministry and also when he contacted them to say that Harry and the others were in danger.

He couldn't use the Floo Network and I don't think he used his Patronus because no one seems to know that his Patronus is a doe. (unless he changes his Patronus for order work!)

I was thinking about an owl but that's not very quick. Or possibly something like Hermione's charmed Galleons but I can't figure out what.

I'm stuck!

Help, please.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Interesting topic. I always assumed that the Order communicated by Patronus, and when I saw the thread title I was going to say that. But maybe not, now I've read your post.

Maybe he could've used a portrait. Like Phineas Nigellus style, but obviously not him. Like something you could carry around in your pocket. I quite like the idea of Snape using a mirror, like the one Sirius gave Harry, but I get the impression that they're quite rare. I don't know why. But then, they've got Dumbledore behind them - he's powerful, so I suppose it's plausable.

Sorry, I've just thrown a few ideas around here, I'm not being very persific. If it were me, I think I would go with the mirrors. Hope I've helped (or implanted an idea grain in your brain!).

Black-Sand
    G'day

Unortherised(SP?) Portkey??

...xXxLove SandyxXx...

lupins_girl2006
    I like Sandy's idea. The unauthorized portkey sounds like something Sevvy would do to get somewhere fast in a crisis where it would take to long to get to an apparation(sp?) point.

Sorry I didn't give any ideas myself, just thought I'd post in here.

~Allie

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Would a Portkey work getting to Grimmauld Place, given that it's undetectable?

Also, for some reason, I got the impression that Snape didn't actually go to Grimmauld Place himself but if he did.....

Hmmm interesting I could have a whole Snape/Sirius confrontation going on...

I like the Portrait idea as well.

It's also occurred to me that Snape contacted Dumbledore too - Any ideas?

Carole
    xxx

Banner by minnabird

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    I might be mistaken (and referring to what I read in fanfiction), but didn't it say somewhere the Order used to use Patroni for communication? Also, Sev didn't appear to have set out a foot of Hogwarts, so a Patronus would be a logical explanation for contacting both Sirius and Dumbledore. Also, Patroni are white, and white stands for being pure and light which is what the Order was, a light of hope to many people.

I don't think they used a mirror or portrait. What if the members were somewhere where there were no portraits? It seems a bit too much like the mirror thing Sirius and James had going, or the way the trio used Phineas' portrait in DH.

About the Portkey: Dumbledore sent Harry to his office, from the Ministry of Magic. And isn't Hogwarts itself concealed with many charms and such to make it unplottable and undetectable? Hermione said something like that in GoF I believe, that the wizarding schools are concealed to make it impossible to find them. That's why few know where exactly Durmstrang is. I guess that if the creator of a Portkey knows the place, s/he can send people there, no matter if the place is hidden or not. So if Dumbledore could sent Harry via Portkey, Sev would be able to sent himself to Grimmauld Place since he was in on the secret of where Grimmauld Place was hidden.

/my three Sickles.

~Bine
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I don't think he used a Patronus because no one knew that it was a doe. I'm sure Remus would have worked out the connection to Lily, even if Sirius didn't and I'm strongly of the opinion that they had no idea Snape (I won't call him SEV!) was in love with Lily.

If he'd used his Patronus to contact Dumbledore then DD wouldn't have been surprised in DH that Snape still had a doe as his Patronus.

Hmmm.

Carole
    xxx

Banner by minnabird

Black-Sand
    G'day

With Dumbledore, I think that maybe Forkes(SP?) stayed nearby at the school incase such a thing happened.

And Carole your right about the fact that the Order wouldn't have known his patronus otherwise he wouldn't have had the guts to take the mickey out of Tonks for her patronus.

...xXxLove SandyxXx...

thegirllikeme
    I believe that Sev would have contacted all his information in person. We can see that by his coming and going in OOTP. He never stuck around, but came and went quietly, staying only long enough to, perhaps, give a report. It would seem like the safest and surest way to ensure that the information (as condeming as it would have been to a spy) was not compromised.

leahsm2
    Well, flooing seems popular at Hogwarts. It's quick and easy, and under the radar, I think.
    I don't think soot would bother "Sev"