Thread: wizard weddings

Hybrid View

sophiewalpole

wizard weddings

hello, I am onto a chapter in my fic, and I need to have an opinion on a double wizard wedding. the minister is presiding over this wedding do you think that its ok for the minister of magic to do this or would it be better having a preist of some sort who is a wizard doing it?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Mudblood_and_Proud_of_it
    Well, in Deathly Hallows, in Bill and Fleur's wedding the "tufty haired wizard" presided over the ceremony. He was also seen conducting Dumbledore's funeral. So, in short, he is some kind of "wizard of ceremonies" so to speak, though I don't know if you'd consider that a priest. That would probably be the most plausible option, I'd say. Not necessarily the tufty haired wizard himself but someone of his kind.

I think it's safe to say the Minister would not conduct weddings because if he/she did, he'd be running out to weddings all the time and neglecting office work. But perhaps if it's Harry or some other famous person's wedding, he/she could make an exception.

Good luck!
    Mapoi

moonys-muggle
    Quote Originally Posted by sophiewalpole
    hello, I am onto a chapter in my fic, and I need to have an opinion on a double wizard wedding. the minister is presiding over this wedding do you think that its ok for the minister of magic to do this or would it be better having a preist of some sort who is a wizard doing it?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.
    I agree that the Minister would not have the time for presiding over weddings. Possibly wizards who make up the Wizengamot would perform weddings like a judge would perform a civil ceremony in the muggle world.

Inverarity
    The Minister of Magic probably has the authority to preside over weddings. I doubt he'd do it except for a close personal friend or a VIP. I second the idea that members of the Wizangamot might be candidates. Rowling avoided explicit mentions of religion in the books, but I imagine there are wizards who perform the role of "priest," however that is defined in the wizarding world.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    What I believe is that instead, they have what might be considered a Wizard of Ceremonies who performs weddings, christenings and that sort of thing. He wouldn't exactly be a clergy, but more like a justice of the piece. You may have to do some digging into your imagination, but I think you could come up with a lot of great ideas.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Black-Sand
    G'day

In Wiccan tradition, which is connected to witch traditions, it is a High Preist of Preistess that conducts the ceremony. It can also be the family Matriark (the most powerful eldest in the family, tending to be female).

Hope that helps.

...xXxBlack-SandxXx...

First Year Hufflepuff
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs
    So I am writing a story and it just happens to have a wedding in it.

Can anyone tell me what hand the ring would go on, is it the left like in America or would it be different. Also, can you detail a wizard wedding, someone took my 7th book and I can't find it....

Thanks!

~*~ Ali
    HUFFLEPUFF AND PROUD

BACK AFTER SO LONG - Feels so good

HOPING I CAN FINALLY FINISH A STORY!!!!!