Thread: Neville's Parents

Black-Sand

Neville's Parents

G'day

I have a few questions about Alice and Frank Longbottom that hopefully someone can answer.

What house were they in?
    Were they in the same year and each other?
    Were they the same age as Lily and James or older/younger?
    Do you know anything about their personality's?

Thanks

...xXxBlack-SandxXx...

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Snape Hates Me

What house were they in?

It is unknown what house Alice and Frank were in, but they were both Auror's and members of the Order of the Phionix and hence very brave. However, the choice of the house is up to you.

This is also unknown, but they were probably close in age. (Within a year or two of each other.)

While this is unknown, at the time of there deaths, they were described as "greatly respected in the community." By the time you add the three years of Auror training, plus the time it took for them to become great Auror's in the community, they would most likely be at least five years older then Lily and James.

Nothing Cannon, apart from their apparent bravery, is described in Cannon.
    Write--Poem--Twitter

A Different View On Love Now Complete!
    Banner by amazing minnabird

Sorenowl
    What house were they in?
    Because of their bravery and Nevil's Granmother's constant nagging for him to be more like them, I would assume in Gryffindor
    I would expect them to be either the same age or very close in age
    I agree with Merlin_heils on this one
    Thats also up to you to decide, I would reccomed you to have fun with it, though look into Nevil's Gran and the traits of the house you decide to put them in.

WitchRoyale
    What house were they in?
    I would assume they would be in Gryffindor because of their bravery. But it is never stated in canon what house they were in, so I would say you have some freedom with this!

It's never stated, but I would say they would be. If they weren't they wouldn't be more than a few years older than one another.

I agree with Merlin_Helz, but again, it's never stated so you have some wriggle room.

Nope, but as Sorenowl said, look into Neville's Grandmother, whatever house you put them in, and also look at Neville in Deathly Hallows. I would assume (but this is just a guess) that how he acts in that book reflects his parents more than anyother time we see him. He is at his bravest here and since we hear that his parents are very brave, then he must be most like them in this book.

I hope I was helpful to you! Good luck with whatever you are writing!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I agree with Merlin_Helz, but again, it's never stated so you have some wriggle room.
    They were both Aurors so they have to be at least 21 (Auror training is three years). They could, theoretically, be the same school year as Lily and James but I doubt it. For one thing Alice could not have been a fully trained Auror if she had to take time off to have Neville (he was born in 1980). So I think her and Frank have to be at least a year older than James and Lily - but probably more.

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    I was wondering- in the prophecy it says the chosen one's parents will have thrice defied Voldemort. For neville to have been a potential chosen one, Frank and Alice therefore would have had to defy Voldemort. Do you think this would be on the course of their Auror work/ Order work or whether Voldemort would have had another reason to target them specifically? Do you think it is viable that Voldemort at some point attempted to recruit them prior to the prophecy?
    Any thoughts would be very helpful!
    Banner by Minna.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    JKR has said in an interview that 'defying' Voldemort could be as simple as refusing to join him.

Alice and Frank Longbottom were pure-bloods and from distinguished families, they would have been valuable to Voldemort's cause, so maybe one of those thrice times was simply them refusing to join.

Other times could well be in the course of their Auror work, battling his henchmen maybe ...

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    What's With Mars?
    Do you think it's possible that Frank and Alice could ever recover with advanced technology?
    INDEFINITE HIATUS

AMAZING banner by Julia (theopaleye)

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Do you think it's possible that Frank and Alice could ever recover with advanced technology?
    It has been said that it is impossible to fix damage that has been done through Dark Magic, which is why George is going to spend the rest of his life with a hole in his head where his ear used to be.

So I would so no to the Longbottoms ever being able to be cured.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!