Thread: Theodore Nott

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys

Theodore Nott

I've checked the Minor Characters forum three times, and I can't find a thread about Theodore. I was quite surprised he doesn't have one actually. But he has a part in my story, and I can only find brief descriptions of him on the lexicon and wikipedia...

Lexicon/Nott

So,

Who do you think he might have been friends with? Malfoy and his friends discuss him briefly in HBP, but he doesn't seem to be in with them.

He can see Thestrals. Who do you imagine he saw die? How would that effect him?

What do you think his Patronus could be? Boggart?

What do you think his childhood was like? His dad's a Death Eater, do you think this ever had any influence on him?

Thanks!

Fourth Year Hufflepuff
    Arguing With The Sorting Hat
    Hey,

I personally know nothing about Theodore Nott.

But I have an idea. Have you ever read the story Denial? You can find it here.

Its a SS/HG fic. But at the begining its TN/HG. So it shows him in quite a good light, just ignore the later chapters... lol.

And obviously you cant take all the ideas, but if you read it, you might be able to get a better feel for what hes like.

Who knows?

Lol.

-Lexy

[Stories] -- [Drabbles] -- [Banners] -- [ProudPuff] --

-Banner by Pooja-
    -Avvie by me-

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    JK Rowling initially had a scene in one of her books with Malfoy and Nott. I think it was GOF but I could be wrong. This is the description from JK Rowlings own site that I nicked from Schmerg - the- Impaler who is actually the Theodore Nott obsessive on the board.

Raised by a very elderly widower and Death Eater father, Theodore is a clever loner who does not feel the need to join gangs, including Malfoy's...We rarely see Draco talking to anybody he considers a real equal, and he is forced to see Theodore as such, because Theodore is just as pure-blooded as he is, and somewhat cleverer.

Who do you think he might have been friends with? Malfoy and his friends discuss him briefly in HBP, but he doesn't seem to be in with them. I think he's probably a loner. Perhaps he gets on with Blaise but I can't see it as a close friendship.

Probably his mother as he's raised by his elderly father. I think he's become self-sufficient and a closed person. He doesn't need people.

Not everyone has a Patronus. Some people wouldn't be able to conjour them because it's advanced magic. Whilst Nott appears to be clever he's also part of the Death Eater gang (or his father is) and DE's don't have Patronuses. A Patronus is a force of good that you find in yourself (hence Snape's Doe). If your Nott manages to conjour one then I think it will surprise him. Perhaps a representation of his mother.

Boggart- Hmmm there's precious little information about him so I think it's your call. Perhaps his mothers death again.

What do you think his childhood was like? His dad's a Death Eater, do you think this ever had any influence on him?
    Yes I think his dad being a DE had a huge effect on him and led him to confront Harry with Draco when his dad was sent to Azkaban. However that could be loyalty. I don't think we know whether Nott Jnr became a DE. He may well have been a Slytherin that returned to fight against Voldemort.

Hope this helps

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Mudblood_and_Proud_of_it
    I was thinking that maybe, for his boggart, it might be something like being forced to obey someone (ie Voldemort) because he's such a loner. Or perhaps he has some deeper feeling or fear that we don't know about which could be an interesting path, too. And if he does have a patronus, maybe a fox??

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    Yes, so Nott is a pureblood, so respected as an equal by Malfoy. So, do you think his views on other blood statuses would be quite as extreme as Draco's, or do you think he is more accepting of them?

I think a fox is a good idea, though I'm not sure how cunning he is (it's foxes that are cunning, right?) I don't think Nott became a DE, though please correct me if I'm wrong, please... that would alter the beginning of my story quite a bit.

Originally Posted by Carole
    Yes I think his dad being a DE had a huge effect on him and led him to confront Harry with Draco when his dad was sent to Azkaban.
    Is that in a scene in the books? I'm having a mind blank. If it is, could you point me in the right direction (e.g, book/chapter/page).

Thanks, guys!

weasleywannabe47
    Who do you think he might have been friends with? Malfoy and his friends discuss him briefly in HBP, but he doesn't seem to be in with them.
    I say he might of been friends with a girl, Daphne Greengrass, perhaps?

I would imagine his mum or sister, and that he would be hurt, but hide it.

His patronous...I say a horse. Something large and fierce.

Boggart...his dead mum or sister.

I say he grew up with his aunt and uncle.
    I think he had a bad childhood when he lived with his dad, but had a very comfortable childhood with his aunt and uncle.

So, do you think his views on other blood statuses would be quite as extreme as Draco's, or do you think he is more accepting of them?
    I don't think he'd care...Schmergo, I may fight you for him!