Thread: Biweekly Banner Battles?

Hybrid View

x_GinnyPotter_x

Biweekly Banner Battles?

So there's lots of bannermakers down in Knockpixel Alley who, if they're anything like me, like bannering for fun and improving their graphic design skills. I know the BA has challenges periodically for their rankings, but what about just a general challenge for the non-BA'ers every once and a while? I'm thinking like a weekly (or biweekly) challenge, sort of like the weekly drabble challenges over in TTB, only for banners!

For example, one week could be a challenge to make a banner with a certain picture of Harry, another incorporate a quote into a banner... etc. It wouldn't have to be for points like the drabble challenges are (though that could be a good incentive) and the winners wouldn't have to be necessarily 1st, 2nd, 3rd.... but maybe 'best overall' 'most creative' etc. I know Critique Galore was popular for a while and I thought maybe a challenge for bannermakers might be a fun thing to do while waiting for requests.

And I'd be willing to run it if needed. I'm sure the BA'ers would make better judges than me but I wouldn't want to throw my idea on their shoulders.

--Kayla

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I agree with Kayla! This would definitely be a godd idea, because there are so many new bannermakers down here that are so willing and ready to learn and improve their skills; it would be a great opportunity to do this. A while back, there used to be a Critique Galore session for new bannermakers, but this was for less people, and more focused on a few select banners. However, this is not operating eight now, so a new challenge would be a great idea.

If any help would be needed to help run this prooject, I would be most willing to assist, even though I'm not the best of the bunch.

Great idea, Kayla!

words were never so useless
    (as those you have just read)

wildchild
    First off, Sitara you are very good, and so are you Kayla.
    I love this idea, it would be a great way to improve skills and to have fun with banner-making.
    I think having BA members judge it would be awesome as well.
    Just my two cents!
    Sara.

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills

I definitely agree...I remember in the banner making class we had an I Challenge Thee thread, and it was great for helping us to improve!

Kate
    IB + Senior Year = Hiatus...again
    Kate...iPoem!...iWrite!...iBanner!...Dumbledore's Navy!
    Avvie and banner by me! Please request!

Marauder by Midnight
    Bannermaking activities are planned and organized by the leaders of Bannermaker's Association. You should contact them with this idea.