Thread: Dh Spoilers?

Josh

Dh Spoilers?

I was just wondering if the DH spoiler warning should be taken off, as anyone who would be spoiled by reading it wouldn't actually be reading fan fiction?

~Josh

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    The spoiler warning doesn't have to do so much with the time since the book has been released, but whether or not it has been translated into all languages in which it will be published. As you may have noticed, there are people on our board who do not speak English as a first language, and there are more on the archive.

However, we will evaluate whether DH has been published everywhere, and if so will review the need for it.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

apollo13
    I don't really see the need for it either, although I do know that lots of people hated DH, and would actually like to search for stories without the warning "DH spoilers" to get post-HBP fics.

Maybe you could have a warning saying somehting along the lines of "Not Canon with DH"? Something shorter, obviously, but my brain is slightly dead today.

~Evie

Receiving Toilet Seats
    Evie, that is the description of an AU fic. We accept the books as canon, and if the story departs from that it needs an AU warning.

There has been an addition of an epilogue disregarded warning for fics that are canon compliant except for something that occured nineteen years later.

THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

Love_is_4ever
    *sneaks in*

I know you guys said you didn't want discussions on these threads, but isn't there a "Book 7 Disregarded" warning or soemthing like that? Or was that taken out/just my imagination?

~ Samarie
    *sneaks out*

Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix5225
    The spoiler warning doesn't have to do so much with the time since the book has been released, but whether or not it has been translated into all languages in which it will be published. As you may have noticed, there are people on our board who do not speak English as a first language, and there are more on the archive.

However, we will evaluate whether DH has been published everywhere, and if so will review the need for it.
    But surely most people who are reading the stories in the archives would be competent enough at English to be able to read the English version anyway? Even if it's not out in a country, it would have been extremely hard not to have found out what happens...

~Josh

Receiving Toilet Seats
    As stated in the very first reply, it will be evaluated.

THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page