Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weekly Drabble Challenge - A Thousand Words: Weddings - Results

Sly Severus
    Name: Sly Severus
    House: Slytherin
    Title: An Outsider's View
    Warnings: None
    Word Count: 323
    Authors Note: Well, I found this today and decided to do it. I hope I'm not too late. And I'm also a little rusty. I haven't written fanfiction anything for awhile.

I sit at my perch, where I have been left, where I am meant to be. My life has but one purposeóto look beautiful. I was designed a butterfly, to display on a wedding cake, but no one really notices me. Iím part of the decorations on an important day, but there are more important things to watch than me. I know this because I am watching too.

The church is packed. Someone left the kitchen door ajar and I can see into the congregation. I can see the bride and the groom.

The bride is beautiful. Her blonde hair glistens in the lights, hanging to her waist. She looks happy. She looks to her groom with love in her eyes. But I canít help thinking her place in life is not much different than mine. Sheís meant to be beautiful, to stand by her husband. Her role allows for little more.

I donít get this sense from her husband. He seems to love her, too. Itís funny how little love actually matters. Itís funny how little the bride and groom matter, even on their special day.

As I watch they are not the ones in the spotlight. Their parents are being congratulated because their children are marrying well. The brideís elder sister attracts more attention even on this special occasion. Yet, the two lovers donít seem to care. Theyíre eyes hardly leave each other as they wait for the ceremony to begin.

Their parents talk, planning their future, discussing grandchildren and heirs, all at the altar. The sister exchanges glances with large, scary looking men, planning for a battle.

The young couple doesnít seem to notice any of this. They only care about themselves and their love. If only it could stay that way. Watching their family, I didnít think theyíd make it.

As I watched the wedding ceremony of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, I sincerely hoped that I was wrong.

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    This was a hard one to judge. I read through all of them and even had some help from my Ebil!sidekick and we both agreed that these were the ones that stood out for a variety of reasons:

First Place:
    An Outsider's View by Sly Severus

Second place:
    The Wedding You Always Imagined by lily_evans34

Third Place:
    Wedding Crasher by cirelondiel

Honourable Mention:
    My Brethren by Enneirda
    &
    Marzipan Butterflies by inspirations

Both used rather unique POVs

Points will be posted in two days.
    ~Ebil One

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!