Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Audiofictions - The Nomination Chamber

Second Year Hufflepuff
    Beset by Owls

Audiofictions - The Nomination Chamber

~NOMINATE A FICTION~

Welcome to the Audiofictions Nomination Chamber! Here, you may nominate a fiction you want to hear on Audiofictions. Before posting your nomination, please check through this thread, as well as the Audiofictions Library, to ensure that you do not post a fiction which has already been read or nominated. DO NOT POST REPEAT NOMINATIONS. We look at every nomination - posting repeats does not grant the nomination extra attention or a better chance of being read. If your nomination has been deleted, it has either been selected to be read, has been read, or has been deemed invalid when judged against the below criteria.

A few rules and tips for nominations:

• We do not read incomplete fictions
    • We do not read song fictions unless the song is in public domain, or unless we get the author's approval to remove the lyrics from the fiction
    • Longer fictions (10+ chapters) are less likely to be read, but can still be nominated
    • One-shots are greatly valued and always welcome
    • Please avoid using excessive HTML coding in your nomination (such as colors and font style). It will not help attract extra attention to your nomination; don't worry, we look at every single one

Please use the following format for nominating the fiction you wish to be read:

Name: (Meaning your MNFF Beta Boards screen name. Your real first name, or MNFF screen name - if different from your Beta Boards name - is optional)
    Title:
    Author:
    Category:
    Warnings:
    Ratings:
    Chaptered/One-Shot: (If chaptered, please list how many)
    Summary:
    Link:
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen:
    Last edited by Lupinpatronus; 07-01-2014 at 01:54 AM.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Note: Also nominated by harry4lif

I'm the first request!

Name: OliveOil_Med/Molly
    Title: Once There Was A Darkness: Year One
    Author: C_A_Campbell
    Category: General Fics
    Warnings: Abuse, Alternate Universe, Character Death, DH Spoilers, Violence
    Ratings: 3rd-5th Years
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (17)
    Summary: Twelve years ago, one man's life was changed forever by three simple words: “Severus, I'm pregnant.” Now, twelve years later, a girl will embark on the journey of a lifetime. But life at Hogwarts for a first year is far from simple, especially not when she's in the same year as Harry Potter. She will face enemies, choices and danger, while struggling to deal with her past's dark secrets that, after all these years, still threatens to destroy her. One girl's journey. One man's desperate search. One last chance for Severus Snape to find the daughter he lost.
    Link: Once There Was A Darkness: Year One
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: The characters in this story are amazing, but I still cannot picture their voices. I would love to hear them interperated.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Note: CHAPTER 2 NOT YET READ - NEW READER REQUIRED.

Name: luinrina/Bine
    Title: Recolitus Optimus
    Author: megan_lupin
    Category: 3rd-5th Years
    Warnings: None
    Ratings: Marauder Era
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chapters (2)
    Summary: Who would have thought that a sleepless night would spawn an adventure that includes Dark magic, giants, Diagon Alley, secret societies, and ancient prophecies? Certainly not Sirius Black.
    Link: Recolitus Optimus
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: This is such a wonderful mystery story, and Megan included so many original ideas and thus created something very special. It would be so interesting to listen to it rather than only read it. Also, Megan has included a kind of prophecy in this story, and I would love to hear how a prophecy sounds like spoken.

~Bine
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Name: luinrina/Bine
    Title: Adoris Integare
    Author: megan_lupin
    Warnings: Substance Abuse
    Ratings: 3rd-5th years
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (3)
    Summary: Nightmares created another sleepless night for Sirius Black, but who would have thought that the night would include the meeting of old friends, trying to decipher cryptic poems, and travelling to centuries in the past to supposedly complete an as-of-yet unknown task?
    Link: Adoris Integare
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: This is the sequel to Recolitus Optimus, and it is as interesting, gripping and mysterious as the first one. It has another prophecy as well.

~Bine
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Here's a really good fic that I'd like to recommend:

Name: Ginney Weasley Potter/Pooja
    Title: Harry Potter and the Darkest Hour
    Author: Stormy
    Category: Dark/Angsty Fics
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (20)
    Summary: Harry is entering his 6th year at Hogwarts. NEWT classes, Quidditch and a new DADA teacher all add up to a seemingly normal year. But what is Voldemort up to now? Where are his Death Eaters? Tortures and killings have started, but how much of it is all just a decoy in the great scheme of things? This time, Harry must leave the comfort of his friends and face his darkest fear.
    Link: Harry Potter and the Darkest Hour
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: This is a very old fic, mind, and it's pre-HBP. But it's still readable and wonderful. It's beautifully written and the plot is well built and perfect. The characterisation is pretty strond too, though Harry is slightly wobbly at places, but overall it's one of the best-written fics that I've read.
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

Love_is_4ever
    Name: Love_is_4ever/Samarie
    Title: Take My Heart Away
    Author: Hatusu
    Category: Dark/Angsty Fics
    Ratings: 6th-7th Years
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (19)
    Summary: Hermione goes back in time with one mission: to kill Tom Riddle before he ever comes to power. A difficult task, correct? An impossible one, she realizes, as a love between them grows stronger than anything she has ever known. Now Hermione has a choice to make. Will she condemn the Wizarding world to almost certain destruction, or will she take the life of the one boy she has ever loved?
    Link: Take My Heart Away
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: Maddy is an incredible writer, she plunges you into the story, with an extraordinary way with words. Her descriptions are superb and the plotline is incredible. I highly recommend this story to everybody. All the characters are true to themselves, and when you think that this story is pre-HBP, you see the genius that she is.

~ Samarie

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    Note: Also nominated by OliveOil_Med

Name: harry4lif/Alyssa
    Title: Once There Was A Darkness: Year One
    Author: C_A_Campbell
    Warnings: Abuse, Alternate Universe, Character Death, DH Spoilers, Violence
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (17)
    Summary: Twelve years ago, one man's life was changed forever by three simple words: “Severus, I'm pregnant.” Now, twelve years later, a girl will embark on the journey of a lifetime. But life at Hogwarts for a first year is far from simple, especially not when she's in the same year as Harry Potter. She will face enemies, choices and danger, while struggling to deal with her past's dark secrets that, after all these years, still threatens to destroy her. One girl's journey. One man's desperate search. One last chance for Severus Snape to find the daughter he lost.
    Link: Once There Was A Darkness: Year One
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: Honestly, I love this fic. It's one of the best that I've read in a long time. I personally know the author, she's a Claw, and when I started reading it, I didn't even know who she is. But Chante has managed to spin a web that's so complicated, but so intriguing. I think alot of people on this site love this fic and that it would be absolutely amazing if it was read aloud.

~Alyssa

Avvie by Ash/Radcliffefan07 and Banner by Evie/apollo13.

PadfootnPeeves
    Name: PadfootnPeeves
    Title: Uncle Fred Calls Him Dick
    Author: MagEd
    Category: Post-Hogwarts
    Warnings: Book 7 Disregarded
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (13)
    Summary: Harry defeated Voldemort. Harry married Ginny. Harry and Ginny had five children. Harry disappeared. My name is Lily Potter, and this is the story of what happened when my father returned after six years missing to find my mother about to re-marry. This is the story of myself, my crazy family, and most of all, this is the story of my parents and the man who tried to come between them.
    Link: Uncle Fred Calls Him Dick
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: Well, first it's the title that draws you in. Then it's the mysterious summary - you're filled with questions that you want answered. Then you start reading... and you're sucked into a marvelous fic with cliffies, plot twists, romance, and the love of the Weasley family. Lily Potter, MagEd's OC, tells the story with good humor and the perfect amount of emotion. You can really relate to the story, and never want to stop reading it. The fic also has a wonderful Harry, which, surprisingly, not a lot of fics do. It's one of the most original Post-Hogwarts fics around, with a great ending that won't leave you disappointed.

giamiller
    Note: Also nominated by Russia Snow

Name: Giamiller
    Title: A Tale of Two Matchmakers
    Author: Kerichi
    Category: Draco/Ginny
    Warnings: Character Death, Mild Profanity, Sexual Situations, Substance Abuse, Violence
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (52)
    Summary: Romance for three couples when Blaise and Luna use Shakespearean styled matchmaking to hook up Ginny and Draco. There's Much Ado about...something!
    Link: A Tale of Two Matchmakers
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: think this fiction should be chosen because it's got it all. A few laughs, romance, action and adventure.

Natasha Johnson
    Name: Natasha Johnson/Jade
    Title: Anticlimax
    Author: Noldo
    Ratings: 1st-2nd Years
    Chaptered/One-Shot: One-Shot
    Summary: Padma Patil. India, England, mispronunciation, wartime, solitude, et cetera.
    Link: Anticlimax
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: It's a very different story from what one usually sees among fan fiction. It's written in a very childlike tone of voice, but the ideas that come across are very complex. And it ends perfectly.