Recommendations

Name: Lumosity
    Title: The Effect of Gamma Rays on Two Terrifically Trapped Gryffindors
    Author: Fenixaze
    Category: Harry/Hermione
    Warnings: Sexual Situations
    Ratings: 3rd-5th Years
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (4)
    Summary: Our two favorite Gryffies are cleaning up after a hard day of Herbology when click! the door shuts behind them. And locks. What do they do until someone finds them?
    Link: The Effect of Gamma Rays on Two Terrifically Trapped Gryffindors
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: I think this is a fantastic fic, it's pretty funny too, but you may want to slap a few warnings on it before you read it... I realize I am probably the only one still reading the H/Hr fics here after the bashing we took a few years ago, however, I'm not going to back down, and neither should any other H/Hr shipper. That's all, and I really mean it when I say that this is a good fic.

Tingeling
    Name: Tingeling/Ana
    Title: Playing It Straight
    Author: DeadManSeven
    Category: Femmeslash
    Warnings: Slash
    Ratings: 1st-2nd Years
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (2)
    Summary: Cho's last year was going to be different. She was going to focus on school. She was going to play Quidditch. She was not going to get involved with rebellions, or boys. She was not going to be distracted by anything. And then came Katie Bell.
    Link: Playing It Straight
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: I just finished reading this one, and it. Was. Amazing! So very cute and sweet and a little sad in some places too. There's also so many little details that you could almost think everything was happening just outside of the real books. By the end, I felt like I totally knew Cho and Katie. This would be a great story for Audiofictions because although it's not canon it feels like it almost could be. It might even get some people more interested in exploring other rarepares and SSPs!

funambula
    Name: funambula/Clara
    Title: Potter's Charm
    Author: Secret Lily
    Category: James/Lily
    Warnings: None
    Ratings: None
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (50)
    Summary: All's fair in love and war. Lily thinks herself too clever to fall for James Potters charm. Yet, as the two of them are appointed Head Boy and Girl, will Lily regret her negative feelings towards James?
    Link: Potter's Charm
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: The first fanfiction that I ever read, it's quite funny and imaginative!

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?
    Name: Annalise/Annalise28
    Title: Jump
    Author: IckleRonniex
    Category: Dark/Angsty Fics
    Warnings: Character Death, DH Spoilers, Mild Profanity, Suicide
    Chaptered/One-Shot: One-Shot
    Summary: When you lose someone you love, people start staring at you with pity in their gazes. They start shooting you sympathetic smiles. They all offer you their condolences, but that doesn’t make much difference to you now. Nothing will. Your brother is dead.
    Link: Jump
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: This story is really, really amazing. It is written incredibly well: the emotion is clear and strong, the characterization is clear, but vague at the same time (you'll know what I mean if you read it) so that nothing is out of character but it is unclear who the main character is and it is totally up to your own mind to depict who it is, and it has also been written in a very short amount of words - something most of us have a lot of trouble with, well, at least I do, anyway. I would be so happy to see this fic become an Audiofiction.

~ Annalise x

Ronnie, Lyss, Becca, Andi, you guys are amazing. <3

I'M BACK, BABY! *evil laugh*

Markus
    Name: Markus
    Title: The Curtain Call
    Author: Amelia Bedelia
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (14)
    Summary: James and Lily spend their summers together producing plays, though neither are happy about the presence of the other. With James, as the set designer, and Lily, as the actress, tensions run high.
    Link: The Curtain Call
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: This story is truly amazing and worth the long fourteen chapters. The author has picked out James and Lily as how you have expected them to be, even though we did not see their character much in the books. It has regret, forgiving, surprise, love, and of course acting and not just from the theater.

padfoot_marauder
    Name: padfoot_marauder
    Title: Trickster
    Author: Willow Rosenberg
    Warnings: DH Spoilers
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (16)
    Summary: After the disastrous events of the end of the Marauder's fifth year, a fuming Lily Evans decides that that arrogant James Potter and his friends need a taste of their own medicine. The straight-laced Prefect suddenly finds herself pranking her class's trickiest boys--and maybe even enjoying it. Coupled with a series of mysterious apology letters that Lily has begun receiving, it's bound to be an interesting year.
    Link: Trickster
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: I chose to nominate this fic because of it's brilliant capture of the Marauders, its humor, and it's accuracy with the books. It is very well written, and I have read it over several times. I'm sure the listeners whould love to here a fic as well-written as this one.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Hopefully it's ok that I'm putting in a nomination...

Name: Maple_and_PheonixFeather
    Title: First Name Basis
    Author: Vanityfair
    Category: Hermione/Snape
    Warnings: Alternate Universe
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (3)
    Summary: Miss Granger and Prof. Snape make the awkward transition to Hermione and Severus...or is that 'Mione and Sevie? Throw in a game of MASH and you have a humorous look at the nature of first names.
    Link: First Name Basis
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: It's a very sweet look into the transition of school into adulthood and names. Also, regardless of the fact that I must have read this fic five times, I laugh everytime.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I just want to say that I second the nominations for Trickser by Willow Rosenberg (nominated by padfoot_marauder) and Sirius the Black Knight (nominated by clabbert2101/Bella), both are amazing fics and thoroughly deserve to be read =)

Name: crazy717/Abi
    Title: Potter's Pentagon: The Five (Book One)
    Author: Schmerg_The_Impaler
    Category: Next Generation
    Warnings: Book 7 Disregarded
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (10)
    Summary: WARNING! This story contains a jingle-bell antler headband, a shower of potatoes, boy/girl mushiness, underwear karaoke, family trouble, an excessively adorable werewolf, death, the song "Werewolves of London," betrayal, and the word 'Jordan' five times in a row near the beginning of chapter seven. Twenty-one years after Voldemort's defeat, five fourth-years are faced with a new threat. Will all of the five stay true to the light side? Will they all emerge whole in the end? Will Jordan Potter ever get a life? You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll gasp, you'll sigh! Part one in a trilogy!
    Link: Potter's Pentagon: The Five (Book One)
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: I adored this fic, the characterisation is fabulous and the plot is superb. It is the first post Hogwarts fic that I read and I fell completely in love. I would also like to recommend the three sequels: Potter's Pentagon: The Truth (13 chapters), Potter's Pentagon: The Past (28 chapters) and Pride and Pre-Juiced Plums: A Potter's Pentagon Love Story (17 chapters).

Hope it's okay that I nominated the series, I love it so much!

~Abi~

This gorgeous banner is by TM_WandStick/Toni =)
    JOIN THE SBBC!
    ON HIATUS

Seventh Year Hufflepuff
    The Giant Spider is Hagrid's... Friend?!?
    Massive nomination post because I don't think I've ever done this. Just plumbing my favorites for suitable stories. xD

Name: minnabird
    Title: Counting the Ways
    Author: ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    Category: Post-Hogwarts
    Warnings: Mild Profanity
    Chaptered/One-Shot: One-Shot
    Summary: For over four years, Dean Thomas had been sending his polite regrets to his mum, begging off of coming home for Christmas. But when he sensed discord in the most recent letter from his Muggle family, he decided that he needed to stop making excuses and start counting his blessings. What he found when he got there, however, proved to be more than just a simple family gathering.
    Link: Counting the Ways
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: It shows you Dean's family as well as the effect of the war on Dean.

Name: minnabird
    Title: The Compton Diary
    Author: rockinfaerie
    Category: Mystery
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (10)
    Summary: This is an insight into the lives of one elderly couple, Alice and Bernard Compton, who lived in a deserted region of east Scotland. What follows is an extraordinary account of one week in mid-March 1998... Quite possibly the strangest and most life-altering period of their lives.
    Link: The Compton Diary
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: I have so much love for this fic. It's really atmospheric, a little bit confusing (in a way that I enjoy), and quite different, as it's structured as letters and diaries from the point of view of Muggles.
    Last edited by minnabird; 10-30-2013 at 09:53 PM.

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow
    Name: G30rg13_R (Georgie)
    Title: Mazes
    Author: Gmariam
    Warnings: Mild profanity, sexual situations
    Ratings: 3rd-5th years
    Chaptered/One-Shot: Chaptered (3 parts)
    Summary: As N.E.W.T.s quickly approach, Lily Evans struggles with her once-perfect boggart spell, while James Potter cannot seem to master the Patronus Charm. A strange journey through a long-lost room within the castle guides the two Heads through their troubles, leading them to an unexpected end where they find much more than the ability to master their magic.
    Link: http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/viewstory.php?sid=92495
    Why This Fiction Should be Chosen: It is a delightful but short fic which explores the start of James & Lily's relationship, whilst weaving a beautiful picture of the magical Castle around them.
    --
    Georgie R
    Blogger, Podcaster, Writer, Beta.

Credit for the gorgeous artwork in the background goes to Potions-and-Snitches on DeviantArt. The lyrics quoted are by Bastille. Sorry for not getting permission, I made it in a hurry!